Sign in to follow this  
AllYouNeedIsLovie

Michael Floyd booked for DUI

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6242523

Notre Dame receiver Michael Floyd was arrested on the South Bend, Ind., campus Sunday morning on a misdemeanor drunken-driving charge, three days before the start of spring practice.

St. Joseph County Sheriff's Sgt. William Redman says Floyd was booked into the county jail in South Bend about 4 a.m. Sunday.

Redman says Floyd was released several hours later on $500 bond. Floyd is scheduled to appear in court May 2.

The legal trouble is Floyd's second in 15 months after a citation for underage drinking in Minneapolis in January 2010.

In that incident, Floyd was allegedly fleeing the scene of a fight with Gophers defensive back Shady Salamon, who was also charged with underage drinking. Both were passengers in a car driven by Casey Marylee Radcliffe, 20, who was charged with DUI, obstructing police and underage drinking.

A police report said Floyd had blood on his shirt and hands and had been involved in the fight at a party.

Ever since we brought Brian Kelly in, the behavior of the players has drastically declined. The team is definitely improving, but he's got to get the players in line!

Ever since we brought Brian Kelly in, the behavior of the players has drastically declined. The team is definitely improving, but he's got to get the players in line!

Wasn't one of the first things he attempted to put in place was a lower GPA requirement for athletes?

Good to see that college players are still screwing up. :sarcasm:

Edited by BigBen07

Wasn't one of the first things he attempted to put in place was a lower GPA requirement for athletes?

I hadn't ever heard of that so I looked it up and couldn't find anything like it, but it wouldn't suprise me if he had. One thing Charlie Weis was good at was keeping his players in line. He scared them into behaving lol.

I hadn't ever heard of that so I looked it up and couldn't find anything like it, but it wouldn't suprise me if he had. One thing Charlie Weis was good at was keeping his players in line. He scared them into behaving lol.

I may be getting him confused with someone else but either way, I'm not a fan of him. Lowering GPA requirements is becoming more and more popular.. but come on, it's Notre Dame..

I like Weis, but he just wasn't head coach material. Lost too many must-win games.

I may be getting him confused with someone else but either way, I'm not a fan of him. Lowering GPA requirements is becoming more and more popular.. but come on, it's Notre Dame..

I like Weis, but he just wasn't head coach material. Lost too many must-win games.

Notre Dame has always been known as a school that graduates it's players (for the most part) and doesn't have many recruiting violations. Let's keep it that way.

Also, about Weis, he is a great coach: an NFL coach. His philosophies just didn't line up with the way college football is played.