Sign in to follow this  
SteVo

2010 Mock Draft Game: Grade the Draft

Grade each team's draft. Please read post before voting.  

11 members have voted

1. 1. St. Louis Rams

2. 2. Detroit Lions

3. 3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

4. 4. Washington Redskins

5. 5. Kansas City Chiefs

St. Louis Rams

GM: Rodgers2Driver

Players Selected: 11

Trades Made: 1

Draft Moves:

-Drafted QB Jimmy Clausen 1st overall

-Traded 2nd round pick (33rd overall) to Chiefs for 2nd and 3rd round pick (50th and 68th overall)

-Drafted WR Mardy Gilyard 50th overall

-Drafted SS T.J. Ward 65th overall

-Drafted CB Brandon Ghee 68th overall

-Drafted TE Aaron Hernandez 99th overall via auto-pick

-Drafted OT Kyle Calloway 132nd overall

-Drafted DE Willie Young 155th overall

-Drafted OLB Rennie Curran 170th overall

-Drafted FS Nick Polk 208th overall

-Drafted RB Andre Anderson 226th overall

-Drafted FB Monasa Tonga 254th overall (compensatory pick)

Detroit Lions

GM: DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

Players Selected: 8

Draft Moves:

-Drafted DT Ndamukong Suh 2nd overall

-Traded 2nd and 3rd round pick (34th and 66th overall) to Packers for 1st, 3rd, and 4th round pick (26th, 86th, 122nd overall)

-Drafted OG Mike Iupati 26th overall

-Drafted HB Ben Tate 86th overall

-Drafted OT Tony Washington 100th overall

-Drafted CB/KR Javier Arenas 122nd overall

-Drafted OLB Perry Riley 133rd overall

-Drafted WR/KR Trindon Holliday 214th overall

-Drafted CB Crezdon Butler 255th overall (compensatory pick)

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

GM: GoodellFTL

Players Selected: 11

Trades Made: 0

Draft Moves:

-Drafted DT Gerald McCoy 3rd overall

-Drafted WR Arrelious Benn 35th overall

-Drafted CB Patrick Robinson 42nd overall

-Drafted DE Greg Hardy 67th overall

-Drafted HB LeGarrette Blount 101st overall

-Drafted WR Dezmon Briscoe 153rd overall

-Drafted SS Harry Coleman 172nd overall

-Drafted OT Drew Davis 210th overall

-Drafted WR Chris McGaha 217th overall

-Drafted DE Will Tukuafu 232nd overall

-Drafted CB Brian McCann 253rd overall (compensatory pick)

Washington Redskins

GM: Hoss

Players Selected: 3

Draft Moves:

-Drafted OT Russell Okung 4th overall

-Drafted WR Brandon LaFell 37th overall

-Traded 4th, 5th, and 7th round pick (103rd, 135th, 211st overall) to Cardinals for 3rd round pick (88th overall)

-Drafted QB Dan LeFevour 88th overall

Kansas City Chiefs

GM: seanbrock

Players Selected: 6

Trades Made: 2

Draft Moves:

-Drafted FS Eric Berry 5th overall

-Traded 2nd and 3rd round pick (50th and 68th overall) to Rams for 2nd round pick (33rd overall)

-Drafted DE/OLB Ricky Sapp 33rd overall

-Drafted NT Terrence Cody 36th overall

-Drafted C Eric Olsen 102nd overall

-Traded 5th round picks (136th and 142nd overall) to Bears for 4th round pick (109th overall)

-Drafted WR Carlton Mitchell 109th overall

-Drafted TE Dorin Dickerson 144th overall

Edited by SteVo

St. Louis Rams:

Bangy drafted Clausen first overall... epic fail initiated there, but the Hernandez (auto)pick and the T.J Ward prevents a complete and total disaster.

D.

Detroit Lions

Iupati, Suh and Javier Arenas make three really solid picks, a few of his other picks like Butler and Ben Tate have potential, but we haven't seen it yet. Riley looks to be a decent special teamer, and Tony Washington is a waste of space. Really strong draft here but it's all in the top of the draft.

B.

Tampa Bay Bucs

McCoy, Blount, Benn, and Briscoe all ended up on the Bucs this year anyway, so congrats to the prophet. Patrick Robinson was a solid contributor in limited action for the Saints, and Greg Hardy looks like he's carrying on a strong pass rushing tradition in Carolina.

A.

Washington Redskins

Hoss man didn't have a lot to work with, and he burned his limited draft picks on Dan LeFevour, someone who could not beat Caleb Hanie or Todd Collins out of a roster spot. Russell Okung looked good when he wasn't hurt, and Brandon LaFell showed flashes of something, but was overshadowed by fellow rookie David Gettis.

D.

Kansas City Chiefs

Eric Berry went to the right team, good job prophet. I like the pick as well as grabbing Terrence Cody, in his limited time he showed some real strength and would be a solid anchor on a 3-4 team. Ricky Sapp broke his knee, Eric Olsen stayed backup to fellow rookie JD Walton so who knows what capabilities he has. Dorin Dickerson was a decent value pick, and Carlton Mitchell has some potential but it remains to be seen.

C.

Rams: C. I really like what Bangy did in the 2nd and 3rd round, especially the T.J. Ward pick, but his best pick, Aaron Hernandez, was auto-picked (for not picking in 24 hours, if I recall), and when you have the number one overall pick, you can't fuck it up. Bangy should've taken Bradford. He fucked it up.

Lions: A. In terms of draft picks, this is between an A and B for me. Javier Arenas was an especially great pick, while Tony Washington was a total fail. What pushes it to the A range for me is the trade with Green Bay, where DMac absolutely raped in terms of trade value. He traded a 3rd round pick to move up eight spots and still got a 3rd and 4th round pick in return.

Bucs: A. What a great draft. Of the first five players taken, the only big question mark at this point is Patrick Robinson; the other four have already established themselves as quality players. You could argue that Greg Hardy isn't there yet, but he showed a lot of promise; keep an eye on him next season.

Redskins: B. This one is fairly tough to grade because Hoss didn't have a lot of draft picks in the first place, and only ended up drafting three players when all is said and done. The first two picks are good, especially Okung, but it was definitely not worth trading the rest of the draft for Dan LeFevour. This is a B-/C+ but I'll lean towards B because, again, Hoss didn't have a lot to work with.

Chiefs: B. Ricky Sapp is basically the only one holding this back from being an A--not just because he looks like bench fodder, but also because Sean traded up for him. Still, any time you land the guy who was number one on my big board (Eric Berry) at 5th overall, I gotta give you props. This is a strong B.

Stevo Hernandez was draft by you from my big board so it kind of was an auto pick as I couldn't get on for it.

Me - C

I will admit that Clausen as of last year was a fail of a pick as I though he was going to progress well into the Panthers starter, at the time he was linked as a potential #1 pick but that bandwagon soon died quickly. I was concerned about Bradford's health reliability but he looked very good last season. I took TJ Ward for two reasons, the first was because I am a huge Oregon Homer but secondly he was probably the most underrated safety in the draft last year and proved it with big plays and hits for the Browns. I am glad I got the Gilyard to the Rams correct as although he was slow to start with last year he picked it up nicely and could well be the new go to man for the Rams if Avery can't stay healthy. An as I said the late round Hernandez pick helped me out big time with his production for the Pats.

Lions - B I was probably hard on this but the two players that pop out to me are Suh who was a monster all year and rightly deserved the rookie of the year award. He will be the lynch pin for the Lions for years to come and helped provide a nasty front 4 with VDB, Corey Williams and Avril. Areanas was the other good player from last year that stood out, he had great production from the position where he was drafted.

Bucs - A Ok so out of everyone he was the person with the right amount of drafted players lol. McCoy looked good locking down the front 4 and making sure to help prevent major running yards. Would of been a lot better had he had the Dline buddys that Suh has but he looked impressive. Benn had an awful start to the year but picked up big style at the end of the year. AN NOW MY MAN LEGARRETTE BLOUNT, he took so much shit for the punch he threw at Hout (which was still deserved imo) and once he was built up and in shape looked like the animal I said he was going to be. He has locked down the #1 RB spot in Tampa and will work hard for his home team.

Skins - D Now I went so low with the Skins pick just because of how much he gave up to get someone as average as LeFavour, Okung will be a good player at T and with how little he had to do did well, but he imo just gave way too much up in that trade.

Chiefs - C He managed to get Berry at 5 which was the right move as Berry was outstanding all year. The move for Ricky Sap failed him though and it is what dropped it from a B to a C for me

St. Louis Rams: C. Clausen #1 overall wreaks of LOLBANGYFAIL, but the Ward, Hernandez and Gilyard picks make it halfway decent.

Detroit Lions: A- ,so I voted you as an A. Great job.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers: A+ ,and my personal pick for draft winner. Outstanding.

Washington Redskins: D. Okung looked decent when healthy, but Dan LeFevour was a terrible player to use to use up all those picks to trade for. When you only have a few picks to work with, you gotta make them count, and you clearly didn't. I actually voted you an F in the poll but I forgot that you got Okung, and he's the only thing saving you from an F in my eyes.

Kansas City Chiefs: B. I voted C initially, but I liked your draft more once I looked over it again. Solid.