Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Giants Interested In Ingram

While the New York Giants have pressing needs on the offensive line and front seven, Ralph Vacchiano of the New York Daily News says they may instead take a running back in April's NFL draft.

"Mark Ingram is a guy they could look at if he's sitting at that spot," Vacchiano said in an appearance on NFL Network. "They looked at C.J. Spiller last year at the top of the draft. They have some questions with Brandon Jacobs, he's going to make $4.6 million. Ahmad Bradshaw is coming off a lot of injuries and more surgeries."

Most mock drafts have Ingram going to the Miami Dolphins at number 15. If the Dolphins pass on him though, it's unlikely that any of the next three teams -- the Jacksonville Jaguars, New England Patriots, or San Diego Chargers -- would take a running back in the first round, leaving him on the board for the Giants at number 19.

ESPN

Don't really see it happening, but I guess you never know.

Ingram will be a good fit wherever he goes, but running backs just don't have value. Even if you are getting Curtis Martin Jr.

Ingram will be a good fit wherever he goes, but running backs just don't have value. Even if you are getting Curtis Martin Jr.

Yeah, plus the Giants seem to do well with picking backs after the 3rd round.

Jacobs was a 4th rounder

Bradshaw was a 7th rounder

And they signed Ryan Grant as an undrafted FA....

I would like to go out on a limb and say they can find talent at the position elsewhere.

Yeah, sounds like smoke screens like last season with Spiller....although if Ingram is there when we pick and he's the BPA (according to his board), I wouldn't doubt that Jerry would pull the trigger....I just don't see that scenario playing out....