Sign in to follow this  
HadenIsland23

Jets Could Be Interested In Moss

The Jets have receivers Santonio Holmes and Braylon Edwards among several free agents and coach Rex Ryan could be interested in bringing in free agent Randy Moss to fill the void if either leaves. They have said re-signing Holmes is a priority. Edwards would likely have to agree to a contract with the Jets that might be less than market value. Ryan has enough cachet where he could keep Moss in line, and the Jets would probably enjoy tweaking the Patriots. Ryan spoke highly of Moss last month. “Randy Moss, I’ve said all along, is a great vertical receiver,’’ Ryan said at the owners’ meetings. “And you have to roll coverage. Most teams would have to roll coverage to him. We never did, but we got burned for a touchdown. But he was a weapon. A vertical weapon down the field.’’

Source

He would really be a good fit for the Jets, ego wise. His production hasn't been great. but could improve if the team has other threats,(like in New England.) I hope he signs here, could make this offense more explosive.

Would make sense. The Jets have been acquiring some big named WR's the past few years (Holmes and Edwards) and with Edwards or Holmes most likely being gone this off-season, I could definately see the Jets going after Moss. Ryan obviously likes him and they've seen what he can do.

He does fit in with them ego-wise :rolleyes: but I don't see him amounting to anything with New York, or really with anyone. His time has passed.

At a time when more and more signs are pointing to the possibility that the Jets will pursue receiver Randy Moss when the lockout ends and free agency launches, Adam Schein of Sirius NFL Radio and FOXSports.com reports that the Jets have “no interest†in Moss.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/12/report-jets-have-no-interest-in-randy-moss/

Per Rotoworld.com:

The Jets have legitimate interest in free agent Randy Moss, sources tell the Daily News.

With both Santonio Holmes and Braylon Edwards set to fetch big contracts in free agency, the Jets will likely need receiver help. Although Moss was wildly unproductive for three different teams last season, the 34-year-old is still a 6'4 athlete with red zone skills. He'd have a good chance to resurrect his career with the contending Jets. May 23, 11:02 AM

Source: New York Daily News

Moss still has plenty in the tank, he's been idling for years now...it's time for him to put up or shut up, if he wants a ring.

I wonder how much he will be looking for. I mean the Jets don't have much cap room and that's why they can't keep both Holmes and Edwards.

Wooo time to add yet ANOTHER overrated WR to that corps...I'm sorry, but Randy Moss isn't what he used to be. The Jets need to find a legitimate #1 receiver, as neither Holmes nor Edwards have managed to fulfill that role.

Edited by RANGA

If his production could improve, then this could be a smart move for them. It depends on whether they're willing to take the risk. The Jets have proven that they can work with larger-than-life personalities and bigger egos, so they might be able to make this work.

Jets owner Woody Johnson recently passed up a chance to quash rumors that his team is interested in free agent Randy Moss.

"There's no question that Randy Moss has the capability, has the God-given talent to be a superstar, and he has been a superstar, particularly with the Patriots," Johnson told NFL.com's Albert Breer last week. "That's about all I can say about him, other than I admire his skill and what he's accomplished during those years." Related: Jets Source: NFL.com

Wooo time to add yet ANOTHER overrated WR to that corps...I'm sorry, but Randy Moss isn't what he used to be. The Jets need to find a legitimate #1 receiver, as neither Holmes nor Edwards have managed to fulfill that role.

Holmes is quite a legitimate #1 receiver....