Sign in to follow this  
AllYouNeedIsLovie

Giants considering drafting a RB early in draft

The Giants are warming to the idea of drafting a running back high if the right one is available. Ahmad Bradshaw, despite his merits, is a free agent and might not return. Plus, head coach Tom Coughlin isn't sure he can help curb Bradshaw's fumbling with the same measure of success that he did with Tiki Barber. Alabama’s Mark Ingram is generally considered the player who should be the first running back taken in the draft, though his stock has been slipping due to concerns about a knee injury. Grabbing someone from that second-day pool like Mikel LeShoure (Illinois) and Ryan Williams (Virginia Tech) would hardly be a surprise.

Source: Pro Football Weekly

Don't see it happening with our 1st. Also, Ahmad will be re-signed.

Don't see it happening with our 1st. Also, Ahmad will be re-signed.

Me neither. I could definitely see it happening in the 2nd if the Giants consider a guy like Leshore the best player available when they pick.

I can see it happening. They want to be established around the running game, and Ahmad Bradshaw can't be expected to get 250-300 carries this year. Jacobs is old, and just plain not good at this point. They need a primary back, and Ingram is basically Jacobs with a bit more agility.

If we don't address the depleted offensive line, which is a bigger concern than the running game, I'm going to be pissed. We can find someone to get carries with Ahmad later.

This is all assuming Ingram will be available.

And LB isn't the only position we rarely draft in the first round (keep in mind that while our GM has been here 3 years, he was a head scout for the team as well for a bit before that, and is very similar to the man he replaced in Ernie Accorsi).

I don't really see it happening.

Edited by BLUE

If this happens everyone prepare for the BLUERAGE!!!

With that said, this highly unlikely, so yeah :p

Also, Jacobs is 28 and averaged 5.6 YPC last season behind an injury plagued, patch-work offensive line....

I know, I know....he's probably gone....but to act like he didn't have a solid year last season, all things considered....

Edited by BLUE