Sign in to follow this  
AllYouNeedIsLovie

Seahawks like Ryan Mallett

At the moment, Charlie Whitehurst is the only QB on the Seahawks’ roster. And, according to NFL Network’s Michael Lombardi, the Seahawks do not expect Matt Hasselbeck to be back. Lombardi suspects the Seahawks might be leaning toward drafting Ryan Mallett with the 25th pick in the first round to help remedy the situation. “(The Seahawks) have done a lot of work on him, and Miami has done a lot of work on him,†Lombardi said of Mallett, who starts a two-day visit with the Dolphins on Thursday. â€There is a feeling (the Seahawks) hope he gets down to their pick at 25. I think he does fit what they want to do offensively. He can run a pro-style (offense). They don’t feel the problems off the field are as bad as some people might suspect. “I do think that’s one of the areas where they’d feel like they’ve solved (the quarterback) problem if they turn that card in.†Mallett’s 2009 arrest for public intoxication and rumors of drug use have been well documented.

Source: NFL.com

I hope they don't draft him and i doubt they will he does not fit the WCO that there going to run which requires mobility.

I see Ponder or Dalton as a better fit.

Edited by The Metro

NFL play lenght could increase to 7 seconds\play if Mallet goes there and tries to do the roll outs.

NFL play lenght could increase to 7 seconds\play if Mallet goes there and tries to do the roll outs.

Tries is right. He's horrible when on the run and his pocket presence is pretty weak as well. It all depends on what the Seahawks want out of a QB. If they want a guy with amazing arm strength, Mallett is a great fit. If they're wanting a more overall QB, they should probably go with someone else.

I would be thrilled to see Mallett go in the first.. but I just do not see it.

Mallett would not be a good fit in Seattle. He is only going to be successful as a pure pocket passer and should go to a team that likes to pound the rock and throw off play action pass, and deep vertical passing.

Smokescreen here.

Mallett would not be a good fit in Seattle. He is only going to be successful as a pure pocket passer and should go to a team that likes to pound the rock and throw off play action pass, and deep vertical passing.

Smokescreen here.

Ya, plus he is going to have a hard time reading NFL Defenses, IMO. Will have a hard time seeing and reacting to the blitz (Thank you Mr. Gruden). I don't think he's gonna be much a qb, no matter where he goes.