Sign in to follow this  
Turry

Eagles LBs Position up for grabs.

Jamar Chaney is considered the only "lock" among the Eagles' current linebackers to start in 2011.

The Eagles are moving on from Ernie Sims and Akeem Jordan. Stewart Bradley was tendered at the second-round level, and the team does want him back. It's not certain yet whether Chaney or Bradley would start in the middle in that scenario. The weak side is wide open heading into the draft. Source: CSN Philly

Our linebacking core is deep. Stewart Bradley has been on and off the field with injuries which questions me if he will even be in Eagles uniform in the future. Ernie Sims and Moise Foku are both pretty decent. Chaney had a pretty good rookie season getting to know the defensive scheme. I say we go linebacker 3rd/4th

Our linebacking core is deep. Stewart Bradley has been on and off the field with injuries which questions me if he will even be in Eagles uniform in the future. Ernie Sims and Moise Foku are both pretty decent. Chaney had a pretty good rookie season getting to know the defensive scheme. I say we go linebacker 3rd/4th

Hes not coming back.

Keenan Clayton and Ricky Sapp are both young LB prospects that could step in at the SAM position. Clayton is a very fast coverage guy, and Sapp used to be a DE. Clayton probably could play WILL too. Bradley was also drafted to play on the strong side, so he's a good option there if Chaney is slated to keep the middle.

But it not really a position with proven strength. The Eagles tend to pick up veteran stop gap LB's almost every year when they realize they're thin. If we can land Aso in free agency... LB should be the top draft priority along with the OL. Right now, the other corner spot is a glaring hole.

Edited by westbrookforsix

I don't think Ernie Sims played one "decent" game last year. He was absolutely one of the worst starting LB's in the NFL. He was pathetically bad in ever facet of the game. Where you watching the Eagles last year?