Sign in to follow this  
FSUViking

A Georgia tale of thieves, recruits, and Twitter

Twitter busted Georgia high school thieves

Posted on: April 19, 2011 1:33 pm

Posted by Tom Fornelli

Last week it was reported that somebody had stolen items that belonged to Georgia players from the football team's locker room. Things like iPods and iPhones, and other expensive stuff that we all need to have to get through the day to help us keep our mind off of doing other things like our jobs. Well, yesterday we found out that the thieves were a couple of area high schoolers who had been visiting the school in Carver Columbus High's Deion Bonner, Marquis Hawkins and another unnamed recruit.

After the arrests were made, Georgia's police chief Jimmy Williamson told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that Facebook was "a big help" in finding the perpetrators. Well, Williamson lied. Or, at least, he got his social networking sites confused. I present to you these screenshots of the Twitter page belonging to Bonner.

dbonner5.jpg

Now, being fluent in Twitter/text speak -- I got my doctorate from Oxford -- I can tell you that Bonner's tweets say he wants to sell these iPods, LAUGH OUT LOUD there's nothing wrong with the two he now possesses, and that he doesn't know, it has 8 gigabytes of memory.

Of course, it doesn't take a doctorate from Oxford to know that if you were recently in a locker room that had stuff stolen from it, which makes you a suspect, don't go trying to sell the stuff on Twitter. No, that only takes common sense. Not that you should be stealing stuff in the first place, but if you're going to, don't be an idiot about it.

The more you know, kids. The more you know.

SOURCE: CBS Sports

At least Twitter is good for something.

#LOLtwitter