Sign in to follow this  
Turry

Donnie Avery not guranteed a roster spot next season.

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch suggests Donnie Avery (ACL sugery) won't be a guaranteed a roster spot this season.

Beat writer Jim Thomas notes that new coordinator Josh McDaniels' "fingerprints" were all over the draft, and he's "tilting" the offense toward tight ends and bigger receivers. The Rams ranked 30th in both TDs from scrimmage and red-zone conversion, so it's no coincidence that two physical receivers with high college touchdown totals were imported. There's not a wide receiver on the roster guaranteed a spot right now. Source: St Louis Post-Dispatch

If Avery gets cut by the Rams, I would absolutely love to see him come back to Houston. There's no guarantee that Jacoby Jones will be back with the Texans, so I hope the front office keeps an eye on this situation.

The St. Louis-Post Dispatch's Jim Thomas believes Mardy Gilyard "better have a great camp" if he's going to make the roster this season.

It's the second time the paper has put Gilyard on the roster bubble since the draft ended three days ago. With Mark Clayton like to be re-signed and two mid-round picks brought into the mix, Gilyard will have plenty of company on the hot seat. Laurent Robinson, Brandon Gibson, and even Donnie Avery could be fighting for roster spots in August. Barring another knee injury, Danario Alexander is safe. Related: Laurent Robinson, Brandon Gibson, Danario Alexander, Mark Clayton Source: St Louis Post-Dispatch

There are gonna be a few wideouts who leave St. Louis this offseason.

What about Amendola? I'm assuming he's safe.

Im amssuing Amendola is safe too. I would think on the bubble is Gilyard, Avery and Gibson.