Sign in to follow this  
AL_Royalty

Sam Bradford gets Bronzed

May 15, 2011

Show your school spirit! Click here to check out our Big 12 Cheerleaders photo gallery.

Sam Bradford's status as Sooner legend will be etched in bronze.

The former Oklahoma quarterback and Heisman winner will have a statue of himself placed outside of Memorial Stadium at Oklahoma’s Heisman Park.

The 10-foot bronze statue was unveiled Saturday at the Sooner Spectacular gala.

“I never thought I’d be standing here giving a speech in front of a statue of myself,†Bradford told The Tulsa World. “Pretty cool, though.â€

Bradford will join other Sooner Heisman winners Billy Vessels, Steve Owens, Billy Sims and Jason White. The statue will officially be dedicated this fall before an Oklahoma game.

In 2008, Bradford beat out Texas’ Colt McCoy and Florida’s Tim Tebow to win the Heisman Trophy. That season, Bradford threw for 4,720 yards and 50 touchdowns. Oklahoma faced Florida in the BCS Championship Game, which Tebow's Gators won, 24-14.

Source: FoxSports Southwest

Hahaha that's awesome...

This country has gone batshit crazy with putting up statues of athletes. MJ, Bill Russell, The Babe, Bear Bryant, Gretzky....they're one thing. But Cam fucking Newton? Sam Bradford? Give me a break.

How about a statue for SEAL Team 6? Guys who actually deserve eternal admiration. :shrug: