Sign in to follow this  
AllYouNeedIsLovie

Browns will not pursue Kevin Kolb

Disputing a report from Mike Lombardi of the NFL Network, the Browns will not pursue Eagles quarterback Kevin Kolb according to Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer who reported Saturday that the Browns “won’t pursue Eagles QB Kevin Kolb†according to a league source. With several former Eagles in key positions in the Browns front office, most notably general manager Tom Heckert, the Browns have emerged as a popular post-lockout landing spot for Kolb, who they reportedly attempted to acquire last off-season. During the 2011 NFL Draft, the Browns picked up an extra first-round pick in 2012 from the Atlanta Falcons, which league observers suggest could be dealt to the Eagles for Kolb. Cleveland used a third-round pick in 2010 on University of Texas quarterback Colt McCoy, who completed 60.8% of his 222 pass attempts for 1,576 yards, 6 touchdowns, and 9 interceptions as a rookie. McCoy has a copy of the new head coach Pat Shurmur’s playbook and organized “Camp Coltâ€, informal player workouts that have been held in Texas and Berea, Ohio this off-season.

Source: Twitter.com: Mary Kay Cabot

Colt McCoy should be our starter. Hands down. No questions asked.

Plus, the Eagles are crazy if they think he's worth a first rounder. I'd be wary of giving up an early second.

Edited by Barracuda

The Eagles might get a first rounder plus more. I'd pass at that price if I were any team....

The Eagles might get a first rounder plus more. I'd pass at that price if I were any team....

They probably will. I'd take Kevin Kolb -who has shown what he can do at a pro level- over some QB fresh out of college who comes with various unknown factors. The team that gives up a first pick on Kolb is basically drafting the best QB in the draft if you follow what I'm saying.

But anyway, happy the Browns won't pursue Kolb. Colt should be the starter no questions asked.