Sign in to follow this  
WindyCitySports

Lebron better than Jordan?

Lebron vs. Jordan  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Is Lebron James better than Michael Jordan?

• Yes, he is playing better right now than MJ ever did
    • Yes, he has more talent than MJ
    • No, but maybe someday
    • Hell no! Jordan had way more talent

Why would he admit that he thinks he is? If he did everyone would see him as some egotistical bastard and it would make people hate him even more. Hes gotta at least pretend he's humble.

1. He is an egotistical bastard.

2. I don't think he would say that if he didn't believe it. People in this country listen to everything the media tells them. If the media hadn't brought up the idea of LBJ being better than MJ, nobody would have even considered it. He doesn't dominate the league nearly the way Jordan did, he doesn't have any championships, and he joined up with another superstar in Wade and a star in Bosh just so he could get a shot at a championship.

Quit listening to what the media says. They're just trying to get viewers. Lebron's got a long way to go before passing MJ. He said it himself.

2. I don't think he would say that if he didn't believe it. People in this country listen to everything the media tells them. If the media hadn't brought up the idea of LBJ being better than MJ, nobody would have even considered it. He doesn't dominate the league nearly the way Jordan did, he doesn't have any championships, and he joined up with another superstar in Wade and a star in Bosh just so he could get a shot at a championship.

Quit listening to what the media says. They're just trying to get viewers. Lebron's got a long way to go before passing MJ. He said it himself.

Nobody doubts that LBJ's got a long way to go before he can ever pass Jordan, and of course James agrees with that, he'd be a fool to believe he's anywhere near 'passing' Jordan. But to completely deny that it's possible like some people on this board is doing doesn't make any sense.

If Lebron James believed or believes he's better then Jordan, he'd never say it, at least not till his career was over. No matter how much of an egotistical bastard you think LBJ is, saying something like that would be past ignorant, NO player, no matter how good they are would say something like that comparing themselves to a legend.

I also hope people realize that it took Jordan 7 years in the NBA before he won his first title. LBJ is in his 8th, and the Heats are favorites to win this year. It's always interesting how people decide to compare Jordan's whole career to LBJ's first 7.

I also hope people realize that it took Jordan 7 years in the NBA before he won his first title. LBJ is in his 8th, and the Heats are favorites to win this year. It's always interesting how people decide to compare Jordan's whole career to LBJ's first 7.

Excellent point

Strangely enough, that argument started when Lebron was in fucking High School (yes people are that stupid). Lebron was supposed to the new big thing -which turned out very well hasn't it - and his name has been thrown around in the "Surpass MJ" conversations for years. When he was in HS you would hear about Lebron here in NY for fuck sake, the kid was a big deal. I remember the media then having conversations about how he is the "chosen one" ... after that everyone was on Lebron.

Nobody doubts that LBJ's got a long way to go before he can ever pass Jordan, and of course James agrees with that, he'd be a fool to believe he's anywhere near 'passing' Jordan. But to completely deny that it's possible like some people on this board is doing doesn't make any sense.

If Lebron James believed or believes he's better then Jordan, he'd never say it, at least not till his career was over. No matter how much of an egotistical bastard you think LBJ is, saying something like that would be past ignorant, NO player, no matter how good they are would say something like that comparing themselves to a legend.

I didn't sat that Lebron couldn't ever do it, I just said he's got a long way to do it. Also, the people who are comparing are for the most part the ones who believe that LBJ is better than Jordan.

Did you hear MJ's hall of fame speech? He isnt that humble either.

Why would he admit that he thinks he is? If he did everyone would see him as some egotistical bastard and it would make people hate him even more. Hes gotta at least pretend he's humble.

Most NBA fans already think he is an egotistical bastard because of his circus performance last June with the ESPN special "The Decision". If he actually admitted this people would just think that he is also a moron/borderline delusional person!!!

Haha it's not like MJ was very humble...He had one of the biggest egos of any athlete in recent times.

MJ > LeBron, though.

Basketball is a differen animal though. There are only 5 guys on the court at once and individual preformances have a much bigger impact than football

False. Especially when it comes to defense. In basketball, you can help a weak defender fairly easily on the current play. In football, everyone has their own gap or zone to control. If you can't find a way to help the weak link, your defense gets torched. This whole idea that basketball is anything but a team game is hilarious.