Sign in to follow this  
Bangy

Plax's is one again a free man

ROME, N.Y. -- Plaxico Burress was released from prison Monday after serving nearly two years on a gun charge.

His agent, Drew Rosenhaus, said earlier Monday that the receiver isn't ruling out a possible reunion with the New York Giants or signing with any other NFL team.

"I wouldn't rule out any team, I wouldn't rule out the Giants, I wouldn't rule out any club," Rosenhaus told reporters gathered outside the Oneida Correctional Facility on a foggy Monday morning. "I really won't talk about specific teams because I don't want to hurt his position. As far as the Giants, my personal opinion is he wouldn't rule them out. I certainly wouldn't.

"We are going to be open to all 32 teams," Rosenhaus added. "Ultimately this will be Plax's decision, not mine. I am here to help him pick the best spot and get the very best contract. And that is what we will do."

Rosenhaus said his client has learned from his prison stay and is ready to immediately begin training in hopes of resuming his NFL career.

Brandon Jacobs, one of Burress' best friends on the Giants, said last Thursday that "there is no chance Plaxico Burress is a New York Giant after he comes home" and that the wide receiver was looking for a fresh start, perhaps with the Philadelphia Eagles. Several New York Giants players want Burress back on the team. Head coach Tom Coughlin has said that there hasn't been much discussion about a possible reunion. Burress will become a free agent once the lockout ends and free agency begins. Rosenhaus believes there will be a strong interest in his clients. Teams like the New York Jets, St. Louis Rams, Washington Redskins and Eagles could be interested in the 6-5 receiver.

"Before the lockout started and during that very brief window, right around the time of the draft, the feedback was excellent," said Rosenhaus, who along with all other agents is not allowed to talk to teams until the lockout is lifted. "Plaxico is going to be a top free agent, there are going to be multiple teams interested in signing him. I expect him to get a good contract, I expect him to absolutely be playing. I think he'll be coveted. He'll be one of our top free agents."

Burress was released Monday after he was serving nearly two years for after pleading guilty to attempted criminal possession of a weapon.

Burress' wife, Tiffany, will leave with the receiver to South Florida sometime Monday.

Rosenhaus said the receiver has done all that he can do to stay in shape while in prison.

"He's been very strong," Rosenhaus said. "He did a lot better than I would have. No question worked out, maintained a very positive attitude, always driven to get back to the NFL, be with his family again. As well as you could for 21 months of incarceration.

"Running, staying in shape, sprints, jogging, lifting weights, as much as you can do in a facility like this," Rosenhaus added. "Running routes, didn't have a quarterback here unfortunately. But he did very well -- push-ups, sit-ups, pull-ups, a lot of core strength, as much as you can imagine in this type of environment."

Rosenhaus said his client is a changed man and has learned from his mistake which he has paid dearly for.

"I think he's learned an awful lot," Rosenhaus said. "He knows that he obviously made a mistake and certainly the maturation from being in this type of environment for so many months to reflect on your life and the things you might do differently. To miss two NFL seasons in the prime of your career, to not be with your family, most importantly, to lose out on millions and millions of dollars -- these are things that have forced him certainly to evaluate his life and we all would become a better person."

Ohm Youngmisuk covers the Giants for ESPNNewYork.com.

Follow Ohm Youngmisuk on Twitter: @notoriousohm

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=6630528

I wont lie I am glad he is now out and able to now see his daughter for the first time. He was there through his own stupidity and I hope that he has learnt from this experience and can be a better person from it. From the E60 episode I saw it certainly looks that it will. Anyway Welcome back Plax

He was there through his own stupidity and I hope that he has learnt from this experience and can be a better person from it.

LOL.

But anyways, good for him. I still think he could be a productive player and he's in a lot better shape than Vick was when he came out. Ravens, Rams, Eagles might be a good spot for him.

Seems like he was just convicted. Anyways I really hope the Bears talk with him.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but...

Beat writer Brad Biggs confirms that the Bears are unlikely to pursue free agent Plaxico Burress.

The Bears were interested in Burress before he went to jail, determining that the was worth the risk despite some the off-field issues. But now that Mike Martz is leading the Bears' offense and prefers small, quick receivers, Burress isn't a fit. The Eagles are the favorites right now to take a flier on Burress.

Source: Chicago Tribune

Sorry to burst your bubble, but...

Yeah I already had my bibble burst. Anyway it isn't a big deal. He'd be a risky sign anyway.

Yeah I already had my bibble burst. Anyway it isn't a big deal. He'd be a risky sign anyway.

I don't know about that. He lost all of that guaranteed money. If he's smart (and yes that's a big IF), he'll be working his ass off to earn the big contracts again. As someone else said, he's coming out in better shape than Vick. I wish him luck. I like seeing players turn around their lives in the right direction.

It will be interesting to see which team will give him another opportunity in this league and what he will do with this new opportunity. Hopefully he'll be able to give a lot of focus to his career and make the best of every moment he will/might be given.

That sounds dirty.

I hope we don't look at him.