Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Cowboys counting on Newman in 2011

Per Rotoworld.com:

According to Fox Sports Southwest's Matt Mosley, the Cowboys believe they can get "one more solid season" from CB Terence Newman.

There's also a belief that new coordinator Rob Ryan can get Mike Jenkins to bounce back to Pro Bowl form after a disastrous 2010 season. A Cowboys source tells Mosley that free agent Nnamdi Asomugha is a possibility "only in our dreams." That being the case, Newman's roster spot should be safe for one more year. Jun 23, 3:52 PM

Source: Fox Sports Southwest

I'd be really surprised if the Cowboys don't go 10-6 or 11-5 this year. They won't suck two years in a row. I also expect improvement from the Skins, especially if they can nab Franklin for that 3-4 front. THe NFCE will be interesting for sure.

Something about the Cowboys scares me more this year than in previous years. Oh Yea, they got rid of fluff and stuff Phillips.

I expect Newman to be solid for up to 3 more years if we keep him. He's still got his speed and he's a great blanket corner when healthy. He can make just about anybody disappear if he's 100%. Most underrated corner in the division. I'd GLADLY take Newman over Asante Samuel or the two 'Skins corners. Don't know enough about NYG's corners to really say who I'd prefer, but Newman really deserves some more outside praise.