Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Bucs 'not enthusiastic' about Caddy return?

Per Rotoworld.com:

Bucs GM Mark Dominik and coach Raheem Morris were reportedly "not enthusiastic" in pre-draft meetings about the prospect of re-signing Cadillac Williams.

Some in the Bucs front office believe Caddy has "one more good season left in him as a third-down back." Dominik and Morris may be aiming higher, though. Because the Bucs don't believe LeGarrette Blount has passing-game skills, blitz-pickup chops, or a "complete understanding of the offense," his timeshare partner could end up playing over half the offensive snaps. The Pewter Report believes Williams will sign elsewhere. Jul 8, 12:11 PM

Source: Pewter Report

I'd like to see us bring him back. He knows the offense, is a great blocker which Blount isn't, and had some very key runs for us late in games. I wouldn't be devistated to see him go, but I'd like to see us keep him.

Well, if we let him leave we need to sign someone else. We need someone who can block and catch the ball. Bradford is almost a Blount clone, I didn't have much faith in Huggins before he tore his ACL let alone after and I have zero faith in Kregg Lumpkin at all despite people at OBP praising him.