BLUE

Seahawks name Jackson starting quarterback

Per Rotoworld.com:

Coach Pete Carroll announced Saturday that Tarvaris Jackson will open camp as the Seahawks' starting quarterback.

There will be no competition with Charlie Whitehurst. Jackson's familiarity with Darrell Bevell's offense gives him a built-in edge on Whitehurst, as does his natural talent. Skill aside, though, Jackson has been a next-week flop waiting to happen in the rare instances he's performed admirably as a starter. Bevell will try to get Jackson to play more consistently, but it's doubtful to happen. The Seahawks will vie to pull up the NFC West rear this year. Jul 30, 2:18 PM

Source: John Boyle on Twitter

I prefer him over Charlie don't get me wrong i think there both bad but i trust Jackson to lead this offense more then i do Charlie.

The final "QB decision" in Seattle is not likely to come down to competition anyways but rather who can stay healthy behind a starting five that have never played together before. Let's consider the five starters on the 0-line; lots of individual talent that is very young, nobody on the o-line has ever played a single 16 game season for the hawks at the position that they are penciled in at, and there is no real everyday fullback to help out.

So the question becomes, which QB can play here & not get killed? Hasselbeck got killed every year since 2007 & could not play 16 games in any of those years since. Yet Hass's agent wanted a 32 game/year contract for a player that has little mobility, and is unlikely to be available at the end of any 16 game season. Whitehurst is likely the best vertical hurling QB on the team, and I base that description off of his college highlite real. What the team asked Whitehurst to do last year, simply did not match his skills/history, so he collects even more rust. Then along comes Jackson...If he can avoid the heavy hits in the early part of the season behind a rookie o-line, then he's got better footwork than what I've seen from him.

Keep Whitehurst healthy. Good chance he will be the starter by years end. Again.

And the race for Andrew Luck is on...

And the race for Andrew Luck is on...

More like Barkley we play in the NFC West afterall.

Like Solar pointed out Hasselbeck would get destroyed behind our O-Line.

Edited by Sacks98

This happended WAY too early. Pete Carroll has said that this team is all about competition for jobs. He really didn't need to say it out loud publically.

This happended WAY too early. Pete Carroll has said that this team is all about competition for jobs. He really didn't need to say it out loud publically.

It makes sense though Jackson knows the playbook and there really is no fooling the players they see Whitehurst everyday in practice and from what Clayton says Whitehurst looks really bad in practice.

Announcing that T-Jack is the starting QB is a smart move. The Hawks have a brand new offense strategy and play book and putting T-Jack at the helm now is wise because he already knows how that offense strategy is ran. And being that our practice time before the season starts is very short having T-Jack as the starting QB will have us going full speed from the 1st play of the season....