AllYouNeedIsLovie

Seahawks releasing Lofa Tatupu

I'd love the Bucs to go after him. Mason Foster can learn a lot from him.

Sad to see him go but Hawthorne can take over only thing we will miss is leadership but he was always getting hurt. Wonder what there trying to save $$ for and i bet Trufant is the next guy they will bring into the office although i would really hate to see Trufant go i don't think we can go all rookie in our secondary.

Edited by Sacks98

Lofa is another physical casualty for having played the game. It's unlikely that he can play an entire season anymore, so part-time players get offered part-time money, or the teams go in another direction (e.g. hasselbeck out). Games are won on the field, and not in the whirlpool.

That being realized, he's a damn smart football player. If you could just take his helmet off, and put it on a rookie body...

• Downvote 1

I really am not sure what to say about this decision. I was always a big Tatupu fan, and i'm going to miss him. I can only hope they can find someone to step in for him because our defense was already thin to begin with. Hopefully they use the cap space to pick up some more guys for defense. If we can shore up our secondary and get a long term QB we might actually be competitive OUTSIDE the NFC West for once!

Those two knee surgeries may cause a lot of teams to shy away, which may actually force a return to Seattle for less money.

It's a shame the injuries took their toll. Tatupu was one hell of a linebacker.

I really am not sure what to say about this decision. I was always a big Tatupu fan, and i'm going to miss him. I can only hope they can find someone to step in for him because our defense was already thin to begin with. Hopefully they use the cap space to pick up some more guys for defense. If we can shore up our secondary and get a long term QB we might actually be competitive OUTSIDE the NFC West for once!

Tatupu was loved more for his hype in the past and being a part of the 2005 team. It's hard for a fan sitting in front of a television and reading stuff on the internet to really gauge his current abilities, especially with the defense getting embarassed week after week the last two years. I really with they'd kick Trufant to the curb as well. 2005 was six years ago. I want a new generation of dudes who want to bring some fuckin swag around here, and that starts with Earl Thomas, Russell Okung, James Carpenter, John Moffitt, Brandon Mebane, Chris Clemmons, and Aaron Curry if he ever gets his head out from his ass.

Lofa always gave 110% on each and every play in a game. But the past 2- seasons he got those injuries pretty much back to back that set him back big time. I do have this feeling though he didnt give himself enough time to completely heal before jumping back into the game. If that is true its something you would expect from Lofa to put the team before himself. Its to bad that doing so cut his career short by a number of years and I wouldnt be surprised if he was unable to complete this season before another team cut him loose....