Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Brandon Marshall Reveals He Suffers From Mental Disorder

Dolphins WR Brandon Marshall opened up to the media in an emotional press conference Sunday, revealing that he has been diagnosed and treated for borderline personality disorder.

Marshall and his struggle with the mental illness were profiled Saturday in the South Florida Sun Sentinel by Omar Kelly. The 27-year-old two-time Pro Bowler says treatment this summer has saved his life.

"I have a dream home, two nice cars, three beautiful dogs, but I haven't enjoyed one part of it," Marshall says. "And it was hard to understand why."

Read More

Interesting Read for sure.

Well that makes a lot of his actions understandable. We always thought he was a huge douche and now we know his just got serious issues.

Well that makes a lot of his actions understandable. We always thought he was a huge douche and now we know his just got serious issues.

Regardless of cause, people who do things like he has are huge douches. I'm glad to know he has legitimate reasoning and is getting help, but he's still done a bunch of awful things. You can't change the collateral damage of that by pointing at a diagnosis.

Regardless of cause, people who do things like he has are huge douches. I'm glad to know he has legitimate reasoning and is getting help, but he's still done a bunch of awful things. You can't change the collateral damage of that by pointing at a diagnosis.

While he has admittedly done some not so admirable things, he hasn't coupled this revelation with a "Devil made me do it" argument, so he deserves at least that much. He's even gone so far as to try to completely remove the blame from his wife regarding the stabbing. He's opening up in a big way without removing accountability for his actions. This is his life changing moment, his chance to make that turnaround that guys like Ricky Williams and Michael Vick took advantage of. We'll see if he sticks with it, but I think he deserves a little more respect than the douchebags who stay douchebags while in complete denial that they are douchebags.