Sign in to follow this  
Sacks98

Seahawks Interested In Zach Miller

Another tight end? Unless he's an amazing blocker, spend the money elsewhere.

Another tight end? Unless he's an amazing blocker, spend the money elsewhere.

Tom Cable, who used to be his HC and obviously is now your o-line coach, likes Miller a lot as a blocker. I think he'd be a good upgrade over Carlson. He's also a solid receiving TE too. I'd like to see what type of numbers he'd put up with good QB play.

Tom Cable, who used to be his HC and obviously is now your o-line coach, likes Miller a lot as a blocker. I think he'd be a good upgrade over Carlson. He's also a solid receiving TE too. I'd like to see what type of numbers he'd put up with good QB play.

LOL, well you won't see that with the seahawks.

Edited by SteelersNation36

Pretty sure the Raiders are trying to work cap space out so they can re-sign him. It's going to suck if they miss out.

LOL, well you won't see that with the seahawks.

I don't think Jackson is good but in my opinion he won't be as bad as people are making him out to be.

I don't think Jackson is good but in my opinion he won't be as bad as people are making him out to be.

No one is making it out to be anything, we're going off what he's done with the chances he's had.

The hawks were on record last year as wanting to play a lot of two TE sets, but it never worked out. Not much else worked out offensively for them either. Maybe Miller is the missing piece?

This has been a really hot topic on the radio, and he was at the Seahawks training camp facility in Renton yesterday they said. He's really interested in a change, and reuniting with Tom Cable. I'd be more than fine with it. Sounds like he's an absolute beast, and is top notch in all aspects of his game. I didn't pay too much attention to his draft stock, and the fact that he was a first rounder that has more than lived up to expectations. He has the skill and attitude that we need to continue building. Bringing him in would just make the offensive line and recievers better. I'm all for it. Keep Carlson, trade him for a 5th/6th rounder, or just cut him loose altogether. I have no attachment to the guy.

It's Miller Time. :beerchug2: :rock:

Zach Miller will be back with the Raiders,” Papa said on radio in the Bay Area, via Vittorio Tafur of the San Francisco Chronicle.[/Quote]

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/02/raiders-poised-to-win-the-zach-miller-sweepstakes/

I don't think were out of this yet because Miller could take Al's offer to the Seahawks but i bet Al wins because he will give him some giant contract i bet.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/02/raiders-poised-to-win-the-zach-miller-sweepstakes/

I don't think were out of this yet because Miller could take Al's offer to the Seahawks but i bet Al wins because he will give him some giant contract i bet.

ClaytonESPN John Clayton

Sorry for the typo. The Raiders are $17.3 million over. Forgive the typo. Just waking up.

^^^ Raiders have to free up some money still. They signed Wimbley to a huge deal and of course Darius Heyward Bey and Darren McFadden are taking up tons of cap room.

I think it's Miller Time, baby. :beerchug2:

Huh... a Steelers fan insulting the Seahawks. What an unexpected shock. Well, anyway, on to the topic at hand.

I admit that I was actually surprised to hear we were going after Miller. I was thinking we'd spend our money to get a little deeper on defense, but heck, if we can get Zach Miller then by all means get him! We've got deep pockets and we're going to want to put as much talent around T-Jack as possible to help him out. Still though, I'd like to see at least a couple grabs for our defense, but it sure is nice to have what appears to be an actual offense for a change.

• Upvote 1

ClaytonESPN John Clayton

Sorry for the typo. The Raiders are $17.3 million over. Forgive the typo. Just waking up.

^^^ Raiders have to free up some money still. They signed Wimbley to a huge deal and of course Darius Heyward Bey and Darren McFadden are taking up tons of cap room.

I think it's Miller Time, baby. :beerchug2:

Clayton made a mistake he ment to say the Raiders were 17.2M over the cap but now they are under it he was just fixing a mistake.

Jayrus after we signed Mebane i think our D-Line is set unless we could some how wrestle Osi from the Giants but i don't see any team giving up a 1st round pick and paying him Giants knew that though they just want to keep him it seems. I wanted to get a CB because we desperately need one but Cromartie,Joseph are off the market so there really is no one of value now.

Good point. I was also eyeing our secondary, but as you said, all the good CBs have been taken. Our defense was pretty good last year until half of it got injured. So hopefully they can stay healthy this year. Our line looks pretty good, but Trufant, as much as I love the guy, is definitely declining. Oh well. We can always draft a CB next year after we pick up a QB.

Meanwhile i'm liking the looks of this offense more and more. If we manage to get Zach Miller, add him to the line we've put together, and the Williams/Rice tandem we've set up, we look to have some serious offensive power this year. Assuming of course T-Jack and/or Whitehurst play like actual QBs.

Edited by Jayrus

Huh... a Steelers fan insulting the Seahawks. What an unexpected shock. Well, anyway, on to the topic at hand.

You guys named Jackson your starter, wasn't an insult was pure fact.