Sign in to follow this  
HotDirtyBirds7

Falcons Scoop Up Former Colt CB Kelvin Hayden

Atlanta shored up another area of its defense Wednesday, agreeing to a deal with CB Kelvin Hayden, formerly a Super Bowl hero for the Colts.

A second-round pick in 2005, Hayden was a starter the past four seasons in Indianapolis before being cut July 31.

He has nine career INTs not including his pick in Super Bowl XLI, which he returned 56 yards for a TD to provide the final margin in the Colts' 29-17 win vs. the Bears.

Hayden should now bolster a secondary that was dismantled in the 2010 playoffs by Packers QB Aaron Rodgers. The addition of Hayden and DE Ray Edwards should upgrade the team's pass defense.

At least it gives us veteran depth...be nice if he could be a solid player though..not expecting all that much outta him.

Wait, why did Indy want to cut him in the first place?

Injury concerns I think, if he can stay healthy tho is a good pickup for the Falcons

I feel like he was overpaid based on what he did in the superbowl for the Colts. He's not the greatest corner, but he's solid. Hopefully he doesn't take the amount of time that Tye Hill did when the Falcons acquired him a couple years ago. He wasn't ready until like week 9. It was horrible. I'm just hoping that Hayden can pick up the playbook and figure it out faster.

He'll be a solid corner in the nickel, that's for sure. Nothing can be any worse than what we have at that position in Chris Owens and Dominique Franks though.