Sign in to follow this  
Guest Phailadelphia

Marshall Faulk finally admits what has been obvious for years

Guest Phailadelphia

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/09/marshall-faulk-i-dont-like-the.html

Hall of Fame running back Marshall Faulk recently declared on the NFL Network that he doesn't like the Cowboys.

When the topic of Dallas' upcoming Sunday night game in New York was discussed, Faulk spoke critically of the franchise during a roundtable chat with fellow NFL analysts Michael Irvin , Kurt Warner and Warren Sapp.

"I don't like the Cowboys," Faulk said. "I admire what Jerry Jones has built. I hold that team, because of you (speaking to Irvin), Emmitt (Smith) and Troy (Aikman), to a high, high, high level of esteem. And I believe that that team has let you guys down because you defend them."

Faulk then opined the obvious, stating that the Cowboys' inexperienced offensive line would have its hands full against the Jets' stingy defense.

--

Follow me on Twitter: @jonmachota

Faulk has been one of my least favorite NFLN personalities because he never has anything constructive to say about the Cowboys and I've long had suspicions he just doesn't like the team. He confirmed that for me today.

A lot of commentators and analysts have bias against certain teams. At the very least I give credit to Faulk for admitting (one of) his.

Guest Phailadelphia

True, but I don't see many be as blatantly obvious about their dislike of a team as Faulk has been.

Faulk, IMO, is ones of the best analysts out there. :shrug:

...and what SteVo said...

So does over half this board. Why does he think he's so special for it?

I don't think it's a big deal that he dislikes the 'Boys-all analysts dislike specific teams. The thing I think is wrong is if personal feelings get in the way of accurate broadcasting, predictions, story coverage, etc. for the teams that are less liked than others. I'm not saying Faulk does or does not do this, I'm just simply stating that personal feelings should not come into play when in his position.

Guest MikeyDay

I dont really "hate" any team persay, but i do hate when fans or the media suck a teams dick no matter wut. Dallas, NY, Pitt, NE, Houston, IND, BOSTON teams. Like those teams could have a sorry fucking team and everyone knows it but the media will stay on them. Playoff talk or just news news news on em. It does get annoying and i use that annoyance to dislike em sure. But Dallas... Jerry Jones must pay alot of ppl to have them talked about every year and all year..

True, but I don't see many be as blatantly obvious about their dislike of a team as Faulk has been.

Joe Theismann has made no bones about how much he hates the Cowboys when he's doing a game and it's funny.

I dont really "hate" any team persay, but i do hate when fans or the media suck a teams dick no matter wut. Dallas, NY, Pitt, NE, Houston, IND, BOSTON teams. Like those teams could have a sorry fucking team and everyone knows it but the media will stay on them. Playoff talk or just news news news on em. It does get annoying and i use that annoyance to dislike em sure. But Dallas... Jerry Jones must pay alot of ppl to have them talked about every year and all year..

They talk about those teams because they're the teams that bring in the ratings.

No one pays attention to the TV if they're going to talk about Jacksonville or Tennessee except for the fans of those teams.