Sign in to follow this  
Vin

Broncos shopping Brandon Lloyd

Citing three NFL sources, the Denver Post reports the Broncos have placed WR Brandon Lloyd on the trading block.

The asking price is a draft pick in the Round 3-5 range. "Three or four" teams have expressed interest, including the Titans and Panthers. As a 30-year-old coming off a career season and set to hit free agency in 2012, Lloyd is an obvious trade candidate for a rebuilding team. With Demaryius Thomas and Eddie Royal returning from injuries, there's depth at the position while the offenses goes into ball control mode under Tim Tebow.

Source: Denver Post

This is pretty surprising, at least to me. If the Broncos were looking for a 4th rounder or less, I wouldn't be surprised to see him out of Denver soon. :yep:

Edited by Patriots2994

Basically this takes away Tebow's number one receiver, meaning we are very unlikely to do well throwing the ball. On the other hand, it puts us in prime position to draft a new guy to be the face of the franchise.

As long as we get fair compensation, I'm good, Lloyd is a fucking rift in our lockerroom.

Um, yes please? Give him to us for a 4th, heck even a 3rd, rounder. It's worth a shot.

Edited by Thanatos19

He's a Number 1 receiver... he wants to be paid dollar and he's a solid deep threat if not a one year wonder... he's worth a second at least.

Jerry? Kevin Ogletree kinda sucks...

He's a Number 1 receiver... he wants to be paid dollar and he's a solid deep threat if not a one year wonder... he's worth a second at least.

The article mentions that the Broncos are looking for a 3rd to 5th round pick. That's why I said the Panthers should be willing to give a 3rd-rounder.

Also, if this trade does happen, to either team, might be worth giving him a look in fantasy if you have a roster spot and a need for a WR.

Edited by Thanatos19

Guest MikeyDay

Lloyd has always had potential to be good. He makes some amazing catches and then at times he just dissappears.. For a 2nd? Fuck that. One year wonder, ill give a 3rd MAX. And thats bcuz of Britt being hurt. But if he can continue this production climb hes on im all for it, but thats a big IF. Him being 30 it would make more sense for him to go to a team thats either couple players away from a sb run or a team rdy for that run now. I know we are playoff contenders, but sb run this yr idk.

:( Denver's asking price is probably too low. You start high enough to be realistic and then barter it down a bit.

Guest MikeyDay

:( Denver's asking price is probably too low. You start high enough to be realistic and then barter it down a bit.

Trust me homeboy has hands like a muthafucka.. When he was in San Fran he made 3 catches that are prob top 10 in my book. But at the same time maybe its due to never having a good qb til Orton? And Hasselbeck is pretty damn good, but hes 36. If we trade for him itll be interesting to see wut we do about him next yr since hes a FA and hes looking for a bankroll. Lloyd and Britt with Cook and then Washington would be nasty.

I'd be willing to part a low round pick to get Lloyd. He'll probably be more productive than whatever player was drafted with the said pick, so why not take a shot? He has great hands, he's an effective deep threat, and he pulls away coverage. I'd love to see him up in New England, but we already got Ocho so we're set! ;)

Carolina has denied interest in Lloyd. Hurney has said we are not talking with any teams about any players.

Brandon Lloyd, who is rumored to be on the trade block in Denver, has dropped only one pass in 32 targets this season.

ESPN's Mike Sando suggests the Rams as a fit. Not only is St. Louis OC Josh McDaniels familiar with Lloyd, the Rams' receivers lead the league in dropped passes with 12, despite having an early bye. According to Pro Football Focus, Lloyd had only four drops all last season, on 147 targets that ranked fourth in the NFL. For a deep threat, Lloyd has awfully good hands.

Source: ESPN.com