Sign in to follow this  
BucD

REPORT: Raiders Acquire QB Carson Palmer From Bengals

They don't have a pick until the 5th round this coming draft. That's fine. It's not like they lost all of 2013, 2014 and 2015. I think one year without draft picks, and possibly one without a 1st (or a 2nd) will be fine. It's not going to kill them.

You would be a horrible GM. A year with practically no draft picks is fine? lol

I'd take my chances on young players over a 32 year old QB whose already lost some steps. Not mention he is showing up midseason and hasn't been practicing with a team in a long time.

I personally don't think the Raiders are stupid for going after Palmer, but they are beyond stupid for giving up what they did. How often do you see first round picks traded? How often do you see them traded for a 32 year old QB who hasn't played on an elite level in years?

You ever notice that teams who wisely invest in draft picks and build their teams in April are the ones who are elite and the teams who trade picks away and foolishly spends money aren't? There is a reason for that.

You would be a horrible GM. A year with practically no draft picks is fine? lol

I'd take my chances on young players over a 32 year old QB whose already lost some steps. Not mention he is showing up midseason and hasn't been practicing with a team in a long time.

I personally don't think the Raiders are stupid for going after Palmer, but they are beyond stupid for giving up what they did. How often do you see first round picks traded? How often do you see them traded for a 32 year old QB who hasn't played on an elite level in years?

You ever notice that teams who wisely invest in draft picks and build their teams in April are the ones who are elite and the teams who trade picks away and foolishly spends money aren't? There is a reason for that.

Well when you consider they already didn't have 2 - 5, it's not a bad trade-off. They already have a build up of talent. They clearly want to win NOW. Not later. They have McFadden NOW. Maybe not 5 - 6 years from now. All their receivers are stepping up. They have a solid secondary. Their defensive line is extremely stout but of course you have Seymore holding them down who ISN'T getting any younger. I think they see this set of players as a perfect mesh for a run. But some of them aren't getting any younger. It's just a matter do you want to win now and take a chance of having a bad season or two in the future.

To say you would chance starting Boller/That other NFL Bust to be, over Carson Palmer down the stretch? You're crazy. I don't understand why no one here can grasp the WIN NOW concept. A team has already lost a lot of fans, sponsors, etc. They are in a position they need to win NOW. Not later, at this point. They can continue to rebuild after next year. This coming year without picks 1-5 will be maintainable with the players they have.

Edited by Chris D