Sign in to follow this  
SteVo

Alright, time to start asking these questions...

14 members have voted

1. 1. Assuming LSU wins out and holds on to #1, which team would deserve to be #2?

• An undefeated Oklahoma State
    • An undefeated Stanford
    • An undefeated Boise State
  2. 2. Let's say Oklahoma State and Stanford both lose, while Boise State wins out. Who's #2?

• Boise State. The last two undefeated teams should play each other.
    • Alabama. I want a rematch.
  3. 3. Alright, now let's say LSU somehow loses but still wins the SEC. Does a one-loss LSU deserve to be in the national championship?

• Yes. Considering their schedule, a 1-loss SEC champion deserves it.
    • No. Any undefeated team should be in over a one-loss team.
    • I hate the BCS.

May the debate begin.

#1 - Okie State. They play in a slightly conference than Stanford.

#2 - Alabama. Yeah, um, I'm not partial to Mountain West conference teams.

#3 - Yes. Same goes for Arkansas (if they were to somehow to go into Death Valley and win lol). I'll take a 1-loss SEC team over an undefeated Big-12 or Pac-12 team any day. And for the record, LSU won their last National Championship (2007) as a 2-loss team. :yep:

. And for the record, LSU won their last National Championship (2007) as a 2-loss team. :yep:

And they still shouldn't have been in that game :nope:

1. Okie State. By then they would've made it through the Oklahoma and continued wins in a tough conference.

2. Boise. They're in this discussion every year. It's time they got their shot.

3. Considering I answered Boise to #2, I guess I would have to say no here.

And they still shouldn't have been in that game :nope:

Bitter Ohio State fan. :yep:

Even though I think Alabama is a better team than Boise State and that Boise would get crushed by LSU in a title game, I think an undefeated Boise deserves #2 more than a one-loss Alabama because by putting Alabama in there for a rematch, you render tonight's game basically meaningless. Alabama already got their chance to beat LSU--at home, no less--and they blew it.

• Upvote 1

I don't think question #2 is very fair. Boise State & 'Bama shouldn't be the only teams to get the #2 spot if Stanford & Oklahoma State both lose. 'Bama had their shot and they blew it. Boise State beat Georgia, but Georgia isn't the same team as LSU/'Bama/Stanford/Oklahoma State/etc. Boise State runs through an insanely weak schedule every single year (other than one game against a great but not elite team). The #2 spot should go to somebody else. Boise State can get a National Championship shot when they beat elite teams instead of very good ones (and again, that's only once a year).

Unfortunately I missed the game, but looking at the stats and highlight, it was a defensive orgy. Which I absolutely would of loved to see, but being as it wasn't a classic, there's no need for a rematch, especially since Bama probably won't win it's own division now.

The Mich Vs. OSU was a much better game, and even though it picked up a lot of interest from a lot of people to have a rematch for a championship, it never happened. The same applies to Bama and LSU.

IMO if the undefeated teams not named Boise State lose at least a game, and Boise wins out, they deserve a shot at LSU... But I absolutely pray to God that it won't happen... There schedule is terrible, and honestly, right now, the way LSU is playing defense, LSU's offense wouldn't even have to show up and LSU would win...

EDIT: I just noticed this game was IN Alabama, which makes LSU's win more impressive.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

1. OSU deserves to be #2 in that situation

2. I thought about this for a while and I think the undefeated teams should play for the title...Bama had its chance and blew it

3. I hate the motherfuckin BCS and its standings

Assuming LSU wins out and holds on to #1, which team would deserve to be #2?

Oklahoma State. If they can win out, they're the easy #2. The only two teams they've had problems with have been ranked. They're ranked second in Points For, which would make an amazing game against LSU. LSU's defense against OK State's offense? Sounds good to me.

Stanford. If OK State falls and Stanford wins out, they have a strong case for #2. They have struggled against unranked teams but winning is still winning. A win over Oregon will look very good and with Andrew Luck being college football's new Tebow, they could lock out Boise from the NC game again.

Boise State. If OK State and Stanford both fail, the Broncos will find themselves in the same seat as they have been for years now. A one-loss Alabama would most likely leap them due to strength of schedule and taking the #1 team to OT before losing in a very defensive battle. But that's where the conference championship play in. A one-loss Oklahoma or Oregon could even jump Boise. Honestly, I think they'll be left out again, unfortunately.

Oregon/Oklahoma/Arkansas/Clemson. If these teams were able to win out, they also have a strong claim to be in the BCS National Championship game. Each would have won (or tied for first) in their conference. I suppose I just wanted to recognize these teams because they definitely can't be ruled out of the equation just yet.

Let's say Oklahoma State and Stanford both lose, while Boise State wins out. Who's #2?

In a perfect football world, it would be Boise State.. but it isn't thanks to the BCS. The #2 team would end up being Oklahoma or Oregon. The game OK State would lose (if it's only one) would be against the Sooners.. so that would put them into the Big12 championship. After that win over the weaker side of the conference, they'd be very deserving of the nod. Oregon would have beat Stanford (most likely) and they now have a conference championship game. If they won that, they'd also be respected enough to fall into the BCS NC game. If both Oregon and Oklahoma won, the Sooners would go. Although Alabama only lost to LSU, they didn't win their conference so they would be left out.

Alright, now let's say LSU somehow loses but still wins the SEC. Does a one-loss LSU deserve to be in the national championship?

First it would depend on the BCS rankings to determine who won the SEC. If it's Arkansas that beats LSU, it creates a three-way tie. LSU would then fall below Arkansas, who may or may not be below Alabama in the final rankings before conference championship week. But if LSU does lose and still get ranked higher than Arkansas and Alabama then it would depend on Stanford, Oklahoma State, and kind of Boise State. If all three of them have losses and the earlier falls in place for them as well, then yes.. a one-loss LSU goes into the National Championship game.

And I hate the BCS because yet again somehow there will be teams who are left out.

Edited by rzb