Since there is a thread for the offensive end, figured I would put one up for defense.

My vote would have to be slightly homer:

Ryan Kerrigan has 35 tackles, 5 sacks, 2 FF and a pick 6 to his credit this season.

A very close second would go to Vonn Miller in Denver.

Kerrigan's having a great rookie year, but I think Miller's been a little bit better.

Kerrigan's having a great rookie year, but I think Miller's been a little bit better.

I don't know. Other than sacks (Miller had 6.5 going into this week) Kerrigan and Miller have had almost identical stats. I know there should be more to it than just the numbers, but the numbers tend to be where people look first.

Aldon Smith only really gets in on nickel defense for now but he does have 6.5 sacks.

Look no further than Von Miller. He's just so explosive off the line, that it doesn't matter how solid your technique is... you're gonna get beat if he rushes. On runs he's just always in on them, setting the edge or making the play himself. He's so aggressive and always in the backfield. Just a difficult player to stop.

I'm sticking with Von for now but Kerrigan's performance against Miami definitely closed the gap a bit more.