Sign in to follow this  
Socal

Foster for Brady and Murray

PPR league, 4 point bonus for 100 rec yards or rushing yards, and 300 passing yards.

Right now my QB's are Sanchez and Fitzpatrick and my RB's are Foster, Turner, Torain and Tomlinson.

Seems like a decent trade for me but it depends on the Dallas RB situation, Murray has been playing really well, but how much is Felix Jones going to cut into his carries when he get's back? How do we even know that Murray will not get relegated to a backup? Basically, the increase in points from Tom Brady has to outweigh the decrease in points from Foster to Murray for this to work, and I am not so sure it will.

Personally I'd make the trade. It's a tough call, and cases could be made for both sides, but you need some help at QB. Brady's schedule gets relatively easy for the rest of the season so he'll be a big help, especially through the fantasy playoffs. Foster is definitely doing well, and he'll probably get more carries with Schaub being gone, but I actually find that to be a negative thing. Defenses will be able to devote more of their focus on the run and on being able to stop it. Ben Tate is also a very solid #2, so he'll take carries away from Foster. Turner has been decent and Murray has been absolutely dominant, so that shouldn't be a big concern. Jones has already been told he's the #2 back and I don't see him taking away a lot of Murray's points with Murray doing this well even with the workload put on his shoulders. Foster for Brady/Murray is a good idea. You need to start looking at the playoffs, and you won't be winning with Fitz/Sanchez starting.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, my only concern was how much Jones would cut into Murray's playing time, the big upgrade at QB is worth it though. The guy I wanted to trade with doesn't seem to want to trade Murray now lol, he's the one that proposed it first. I'll just sit and wait, he wants Foster bad.

Yeah, my only concern was how much Jones would cut into Murray's playing time, the big upgrade at QB is worth it though. The guy I wanted to trade with doesn't seem to want to trade Murray now lol, he's the one that proposed it first. I'll just sit and wait, he wants Foster bad.

Jones won't be taking away a lot of Murray's playing time. Sure, they now have a decent backup for Murray, so they won't have him out there busting his ass with 25+ carries, but Murray can do plenty of things with 15-20. Foster will be a nice addition come playoff time, but like I said, losing Schaub hurts what he will do, at least in MY eyes.

The only thing I know for sure is that both Sanchez and Fitzpatrick aren't having good performances recently and that you need a better QB for the rest of the season...

You need a QB! The difference between Brady and Sanchez/Fitz is much bigger than the difference between Foster and Murray. Do it!