Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Hey I was thinking about buying this, but then I read the Amazon reviews..90% said that lag has been crippling the game, you guys have this same problem? :hmm:

i have a ps3 btw..

The majority of the people that are experiencing the lag have massive save files (15+ MB). There's supposed to be a patch released within the next couple weeks that's going to clear up the issue.

Finished the College at Winterhold story arc

Semi Spoiler (not what happens, but how I did it):

When facing the dragon priest known as Morokai (sp?) , I found that he has some extreme difficulty detecting anyone sneaking around... He killed me numerous times and I just wasn't doing much damage... So I went to the hallway that leads to his chambers.. Shut the door, started sneaking..Opened the door, shot him a couple times with my arrows... Shut the door (still sneaking). He comes up the stairs, to the door... Opens it.. I shut the door, but the door brought him into the hallway with me... To my surprise... He just floated there (I am still sneaking). He couldn't "see" me even though I was literally 5-10 ft away from him. Not wanting to ruin this opportunity.. I just shot arrows at him, until his unfortunate demise. For some reason, I think that was easier than it was supposed to be.

Everyone just says after 20 hours of gameplay, the game starts dieing//

Do i have to download that patch or does it do it automatically when i load the game?

btw stupid question but what happens when you die in this game?

Everyone just says after 20 hours of gameplay, the game starts dieing//

Do i have to download that patch or does it do it automatically when i load the game?

btw stupid question but what happens when you die in this game?

I have 20 hours of gameplay and it's nothing that is extremely awful.

When you turn your console on and the game is inside and it begins loading up, an Update will automatically come up and ask you if you want to DL it or not.

You load at your last save.

• Upvote 1

I have 60 hours of gameplay and I'm not getting much lag.

There are certain times when spikes happen, but it's when I'm exploring by sprinting around. I think it's just trying to load more areas.

I'm on a PC, btw.

Edited by Thanatos19

Guest Phailadelphia

I think the lag issues are all console problems after the save files reach 5MB+.

F4E - You did it wrong. :p Grab a companion. He'll do most of the work for you. I picked up the mage companion from Riften and he's been an absolute beast for me against bosses.

I picked up the mage companion from Riften and he's been an absolute beast for me against bosses.

I completely agree with this.

I got the mage who was working on the Daedric shrine to the lady who can see the future, forgot her name, and she is tearing things up. Mages can also bring down dragons for you to fight.

Edited by Thanatos19

I think the lag issues are all console problems after the save files reach 5MB+.

F4E - You did it wrong. :p Grab a companion. He'll do most of the work for you. I picked up the mage companion from Riften and he's been an absolute beast for me against bosses.

I am currently 0 / 3 on companions...

Lydia, Uthgerd, and Janessa or whatever her name was... All dead. I even have a healing spell for them when they get weakened... but they always... don't make it.

Guest Phailadelphia

I am currently 0 / 3 on companions...

Lydia, Uthgerd, and Janessa or whatever her name was... All dead. I even have a healing spell for them when they get weakened... but they always... don't make it.

Haha! I save a lot because I accidentally kill them all the time. I don't necessarily need them for combat but they make for excellent mules. I can clear dungeons for hours without having to port to a major city to drop off my junk if I have a companion with me.

Yeah. Kill everyone in Riverwood for the lolz and join the Stormcloaks.

Yeah. Kill everyone in Riverwood for the lolz and join the Stormcloaks.

That's lame, everyone goes Stormcloaks. Create your own path! (And join the Imperial Army)

lol, as a Norde I must honor the Nordes before me and the true Viking tradition. Damn the Imperials for taking over our land. Our Norde way of life is threatened. TO DEATH WITH THEM.

• Upvote 1

Mark my words!!!! Windhelm will fall at the hand of the Imperial Army and end this silly civil war once and for all!

internet-memes-chubby-bubble-girl-meets-skyrim.jpg

Mark my words!!!! Windhelm will fall at the hand of the Imperial Army and end this silly civil war once and for all!

internet-memes-chubby-bubble-girl-meets-skyrim.jpg

HOORAH!

The rebellion will be little more than a footnote in the history scrolls after the Imperial Army quells the rabble-rousers.

• Upvote 1

BLASPHEME. You dare abandon your god Talos and accept the Elven way of life? They persecute the true Norde tradition and unjustly kill those who worship Talos. YOU WILL ALL DIE BY MY BLADE.

Ulfric and the Dovakiin will shout you to your doom.

• Upvote 1

Hey I'm at Whiterun or something...what am i supposed to do? The entire game so far has just been wandering around, am i supposed to do something?

Guest Phailadelphia

I joined the Dark Brotherhood. Definitely the most fun quest line I've done yet--even moreso than the College of Winterhold.

Hey I'm at Whiterun or something...what am i supposed to do? The entire game so far has just been wandering around, am i supposed to do something?

The blacksmith in Riverwood (Alvor? I think) should have sent you to Whiterun with a quest you turn in at the Jarl who then asks you to do a quest for his mage buddy.

Edited by Phailadelphia

You can check current objectives by pushing the start button... Although, they won't appear there unless you have talked to the people Phail has listed.

Guest Phailadelphia

My younger bro called me yesterday talking to me about the Dragon Claw quest the mage from Whiterun sends you on except that he hadn't even gone to Whiterun yet lol. The dude didn't even go to Riverwood. As soon as he got out of Helgen he just went exploring and happened to come across that dungeon first.

Just a couple of questions...who's alvor..and where is he, who's Jarl and where is he..and do i have to do this quest for the mage?

And is it just me or this game incredibly boring for the first hour?

Just a couple of questions...who's alvor..and where is he, who's Jarl and where is he..and do i have to do this quest for the mage?

Alvor is the blacksmith in Riverwood. The Jarl that Phail is referring to is the one in Whiterun Palace, known as Dragonsreach.

Guest Phailadelphia

Use the quest tracking tool, dudebro. It helps a lot.

This game is built entirely around spontaneous exploration and such. If you're not into that this game may not be for you.

Another tip: Save OFTEN. And by often I mean every 5 minutes.

lol, as a Norde I must honor the Nordes before me and the true Viking tradition. Damn the Imperials for taking over our land. Our Norde way of life is threatened. TO DEATH WITH THEM.

Damn the Elves who are behind the Imperials!

To the death! For Talos, brother!

• Upvote 1