Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I hate you guys..you're almost done with the game, and I'm barely starting off..spent the last half hour trying to kill one of these giants..not happening, give up and going to bed <_<

lmao. I'm still haven't learnt the Unrelenting Force shout in full (that's still the beginning of Act 1 of 3). I'm nowhere near done with the game. I don't think anyone would be tbh...

It's massive. And I still haven't fought a giant yet. From what I heard its stupidly difficult. Not like I need anything from them anyways.

Finished the Imperial Army story arc.. It was pretty epic, tbh... Although the looting during the quests wasn't very... er.. lucrative.

I hate you guys..you're almost done with the game, and I'm barely starting off..spent the last half hour trying to kill one of these giants..not happening, give up and going to bed <_<

I've put 60 hours into the game and I'm not even a tenth of the way done with it.

Don't try to take on a Giant until you have the Ice Form shout or the upgraded Flame Breath. Both of them make it much much easier.

Dragons scale, so you can take some out at level 4-6. Giants do not. They only start scaling at like level 15. (Not saying you can't kill one before that, but it's a pain in the ass.)

Edited by Thanatos19

I shot the giant in the eye like 4 or 5 times then it got on its knees, after that, pretty easy to take it down :yep:

Not worth it though.i got like a giants toe and some gold..thats it..

And that new patch apparently doesnt work and makes the game worse..

so laggy now >_>

and giants toe + wheat is all you need to know in alchemy.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1213877p1.html

Bethesda will continue to support Skyrim with frequent updates. In a post on its blog, the company confirmed that regular updates will be coming starting early next year.

"After the holidays, we'll continue to release regular updates for the game," the post reads, "through full title updates, as well as incremental 'gameplay updates' to fix whatever issues come up along with rebalancing portions of the game for difficulty or exploits. We plan on having a lot of these, not just a few. Overall, you should expect updates to be hitting the PC and Steam earlier and more often, as that's a process we control. Console updates will follow, as they must be certified and processed by those manufacturers."

Bethesda also addressed the various problems encountered by some users, adding that it plans to take "greater care" with future updates.

"We all know this is a huge game, and everyone has a different experience. We'll continue to do everything we can to make the game better and better for as many people as possible every day. We've also realized that with the millions upon millions of people playing Skyrim, we need to treat our updates with greater care. If we get too aggressive trying to fix a minor issue, we run a risk of breaking something larger in a game like this. To be safe, we are prioritizing code side fixes right now over data fixes. Quest and balance issues are usually data, and those will start rolling in a large way with the January updates."

Skyrim's 1.2 update was released this week. Based on problems encountered with the patch, a new incremental update will be released next week. Bethesda says the update will fix "issues like magic resistance not calculating properly and the rare, amazing backwards flying dragon." Full release notes will be posted once the update is available. The update will come to PC first, followed by Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 later in the week.

Just put it in and everythings so glitchy..and im at like 10 hours played..they said it wouldnt start until 20 hours :disgust:

Not sure if this is a glitch or another problem... but does anyone else have an issue with magic? Sometimes I cast a spell, it takes my mana but doesn't actually use the spell.

Also had a dragon that was stuck in the air last night... Wayyyy up.

The only glitch I have come across (other than lag) is in a couple of villages where I fought Dragons, the skeletons of said dragons fall from teh sky every time I enter the village.

Also noticed some clipping issues, but those tend to be present to some degree in almost every game.

Full out vampire, or just the earlier stages?!?

I wish I could be both a Vampire AND a Werewolf. That shit would awesome, like Michael Corvin in Underworld.

i dunno, when i go into magic, it says i have a bunch of effects from having vampire blood..including NOT restoring stamina or health or magika while exposed to sunlight :Suicide:

wait i just googled it can i cure myself, i dont want to be a god damn vampire..

If it's the early stages you can cure yourself at any temple / alter / shrine / whatever you want to call it.

Didn't lag much today.

Finally learnt the full FUS ROH DAH shout and the second word for Fire Breath. Killed several Giants and WTF. Their drops are amazing - 300 gold, grand soul gems some heavy weapon with ALOT of value. They're so easy to kill as well >_>

Mammoths on the other hand........

i dunno, when i go into magic, it says i have a bunch of effects from having vampire blood..including NOT restoring stamina or health or magika while exposed to sunlight :Suicide:

wait i just googled it can i cure myself, i dont want to be a god damn vampire..

The sunlight weakness is really the only drawback of becoming a Vampire. All of the benefits almost make it worthwhile. At least to me. It was fun as hell in Oblivion.

Spent 2 fuckin hours this morning finally curing myself..I actually needed to go somewhere but wouldnt let myself leave without getting rid of this god damn disease <_<

This pretty much ruined anything good about the game for me..

Spent 2 fuckin hours this morning finally curing myself..I actually needed to go somewhere but wouldnt let myself leave without getting rid of this god damn disease <_<

This pretty much ruined anything good about the game for me..

Really? Was it that bad?

It couldn't have been THAT bad... lol.

The sunlight thing, plus 100% weakness to fire would be lame... but you are 100% resist to frost and have some awesome perks as a vamp.

It couldn't / shouldn't ruin the entire game for you.

IT WAS THAT BAD..i spent 2 hours for about 15 minutes of gameplay..i kept having to go back and do it differently..

I was already at Stage 2 and i had to fast travel from whiterun to that one ice city to get the quest, go all the way back to whiterun to get the spell to fill a black soul gem, go find someone to kill, fast travel back to ice city to get rid of the vampire disease. And i had to do that all within 36 hours or the guy who was going to help me starts attacking me because apparantly stage 4 vampires is a lot worse than 3..

i kept having to save, go back, mess up, go back, mess up, go back..if there wasn't a god damn time limit to do everything it wouldve been easy but from whiterun to the city was about 10 hours travel and i did that 3 times, so that left me like 5 or 6 minutes in game to get everything else done..<_<

why the hell does this game have diseases <_<

And im starting to realize you should start listening to what people say in the game instead of blasting music so you cant hear anything in the game :yep:

When and if you guys find the lightning storm shout, do NOT use it inside of a village unless you want your bounty to hit 1k in about 2s flat. Storms do not discriminate between friend and foe, (as I really should have guessed).

IT WAS THAT BAD..i spent 2 hours for about 15 minutes of gameplay..i kept having to go back and do it differently..

I was already at Stage 2 and i had to fast travel from whiterun to that one ice city to get the quest, go all the way back to whiterun to get the spell to fill a black soul gem, go find someone to kill, fast travel back to ice city to get rid of the vampire disease. And i had to do that all within 36 hours or the guy who was going to help me starts attacking me because apparantly stage 4 vampires is a lot worse than 3..

i kept having to save, go back, mess up, go back, mess up, go back..if there wasn't a god damn time limit to do everything it wouldve been easy but from whiterun to the city was about 10 hours travel and i did that 3 times, so that left me like 5 or 6 minutes in game to get everything else done..<_<

why the hell does this game have diseases <_<

And im starting to realize you should start listening to what people say in the game instead of blasting music so you cant hear anything in the game :yep:

Because this is a "realistic" game.

In other words, they try to stay within their own rules. If you fight vampires, there is a very good chance you will contract their disease, all they have to do is close to melee combat.

Of course there's a time limit, it would make no sense if there wasn't, how else would someone progress from one stage to another. The Elder Scrolls series has always had vampires, and since Morrowind they've had werewolves as well. Fighting either gives you a chance to get that disease, but it's extremely easy to get rid of in the early stages if you pay attention to what is being said. Since you said you don't listen to the NPCs, or at least you didn't used to, I think it's hardly fair to blame a role-playing game for you getting the full blown effects of vampirism if you weren't listening to people. Pretty much the first NPC you run into after contracting stage 1 lets you know you should go to an altar and pray because you look sick.

Heck, the guards are still telling me I have fur growing out of my ears since I'm a werewolf, (yes, final stage, and yes, I let that happen. It's insanely fun). The game would break immersion if you were able to fight things that have contagious diseases and were unable to contract them. Don't play it as if you have to have everything perfect, just go with it. If you get a disease, or you do something the wrong way, then role-play it. Chances are you wouldn't get everything perfect if this was real, so why constantly reload every time something goes wrong? That's one of the essences of role-playing games, is playing through your mistakes.

As well, there are certain spells, potions, and herbalism effects that allow you to potentially get around a vampire's weaknesses, or at least there were in Oblivion. I agree with Duck, being a vampire and going into one of the main towns was just hilarious.

You seem to be still playing Skyrim in order to try to finish. You want everything to go one way. Don't. Play it as it comes. It will be a far richer experience that way.

Not sure if this is a glitch or another problem... but does anyone else have an issue with magic? Sometimes I cast a spell, it takes my mana but doesn't actually use the spell.

Also had a dragon that was stuck in the air last night... Wayyyy up.

I've had a glitch with dragons where I didn't absorb their souls- just frost dragons, but it happens about every other time. I have about eight souls on standby, fortunately, but it might come back to be a problem.

And yes, I've had that exact same issue with casting spells. It acts like you got interrupted in casting, (you take damage while charging the spell), but as far as I could tell, that wasn't the case.

The sunlight weakness is really the only drawback of becoming a Vampire. All of the benefits almost make it worthwhile. At least to me. It was fun as hell in Oblivion.

Good luck fighting dragons outside and in the sun unable to regen hp/stam/magicka and with a 50% weakness to fire.

The consequences of being a vampire are a little more serious in Skyrim, I think, (the actual drawbacks are the same, just in Oblivion there weren't dragons flying around that could torch you from the sky).

Edited by Thanatos19

I always reload whenever one of my followers dies. =/

• Upvote 1

I don't want it to be realistic, I want to play it to have some fun and spending 2 hours doing something i dont want to do seems awful to me...I mean they should at least let you choose if you want to be one or not and not just give you the disease simply because you talked to a random someone and end up doing a quest. There was a reason I played almost no games before just recently..

And does sleeping really help in this game, i saw it gives you 10% leveling or something and my guy probably has 0 hours..and where do you check if they're wellrested or not?

I don't want it to be realistic, I want to play it to have some fun and spending 2 hours doing something i dont want to do seems awful to me...I mean they should at least let you choose if you want to be one or not and not just give you the disease simply because you talked to a random someone and end up doing a quest. There was a reason I played almost no games before just recently..

And does sleeping really help in this game, i saw it gives you 10% leveling or something and my guy probably has 0 hours..and where do you check if they're wellrested or not?

Why it took you 2 hours to cure the disease is nobodies fault but your own.. It should take, if you choose, about 30 seconds.

• Upvote 1