Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama

Montee Ball, RB, Wisconsin

If I could fill out my ballot it would look like:

1. Robert Griffin III

2. Trent Richardson

3. Andrew Luck

4. Tyrann Mathieu

5. Montee Ball

Heisman finalists,as expected....It's either Griffin's or Trent's...

ESPN really has started to love RG3 lately, so I say he wins it. That's all it is anymore. It's the "Who ESPN thinks should win" award. Not the best college football player in the country award.(Though I will say, RG3 is a beast).

How is Ball not towards the top of your list? He has played better than Trent Richardson. He has 39 TDs, one short of Barry Sanders records. He led the league in rushing yards. His average is better than Richardson's. The only argument against him is the opponents he has played but Michigan State twice and OSU are no slouches up front. He just scored 4 TDs against Michigan State to win the Big Ten Championship. Only 3 other players had more TDs than Ball this year, all 3 were QBs. Ball deserves more attention. Ball averages a TD every 7.8 touches, that's ridiculous. Though I am glad he got in as a finalist, most people had him towards the bottom of the top 10.

Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010
  • Downvote 2

How is Ball not towards the top of your list? He has played better than Trent Richardson. He has 39 TDs, one short of Barry Sanders records. He led the league in rushing yards. His average is better than Richardson's. The only argument against him is the opponents he has played but Michigan State twice and OSU are no slouches up front. He just scored 4 TDs against Michigan State to win the Big Ten Championship. Only 3 other players had more TDs than Ball this year, all 3 were QBs. Ball deserves more attention. Ball averages a TD every 7.8 touches, that's ridiculous. Though I am glad he got in as a finalist, most people had him towards the bottom of the top 10.

Richardson plays in a much tougher conference, though. :yep:

RG3 is a lock to win it, IMO.

Ya I'm guessing RG3 will win it, but Ball is better than just fifth in my opinion. While I agree Trent Richardson plays in a tougher conference, the difference between the average run D they played is not that large. The average rank of the run Ds Trent Richardson ran against, was 61.3, for Ball it was 68. Alabama played against two teams not even in the top 120 for run D, Wisconsin only played against one. For the difference in their yards, YPC, and TDs, the level of opposing run Ds doesn't put Richardson ahead of Ball. Ball has been doing work all season and most likely will break Barry Sanders' record against Oregon. Considering he has to share carries with White along with Wilson playing great, scoring 39 times is incredible.

Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010

My pick for the Heisman would be Robert Griffin Jr. III. He's been accurate throughout the year, has thrown the ball very well, and makes plays with his legs. This guy is a dual threat, and we all know dual threats find success in college. I still think the Heisman will go to Luck though. ESPN and every single college analyst I saw prior to the season were already practically guarenteeing Luck to get the Heisman, and they continue to rant and rave about the kid despite the fact that he's not the best player this year. RGJIII for my pick, Luck for who I think will end up with it (sadly).

If Luck wins Heismann trophy,it's gonna be a fucking joke...he's not the best this year...

My favorite is RG3...He's the player that deserves it more than any other player...

Edited by housemd

As a Bama fan..I'm really going to have to go with Robert Griffin III, dude is a straight up baller that is pretty damn accurate with speed.

Guest Phailadelphia

If Luck wins Heismann trophy,it's gonna be a fucking joke...he's not the best this year...

Agreed. He's been good but I think the overhype set everyone's expectations of him too high. That being said, RG3 has been so good I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he gets drafted before Luck. He's like a smarter, more accurate Micheal Vick.