Sign in to follow this  
BucD

Blount led attack on a Bucs fan??

Per TampaBay.com:

Police report: Running back LeGarrette Blount led attack on Bucs fan

By Mark Puente, Times Staff Writer

Posted: Dec 06, 2011 01:29 PM

TAMPA – The victim of a severe beating says Tampa Bay Buccaneers running back LeGarrette Blount was "the leader" of the assault and directed the two men who attacked him, according to a Tampa Police report.

Blount refused to cooperate with police investigating the possible felony battery, which took place in the parking garage of his apartment complex.

Blount, 25, was not charged in the September 11 incident, nor was he accused of any direct violence. Reached by the St. Petersburg Times by phone Tuesday afternoon, Blount refused to comment except to say, "Ah, man."

According to the police report, a 34 year old man and his girlfriend, both wearing Bucs shirts, drove their 2008 Toyota pickup into the Visconti at International Drive apartments not far from Raymond James Stadium. The pickup then hit the mirror on a silver 2005 Ford Expedition SUV, next to which Blount and two other men were standing. The victim did not want to stop next to the Expedition because the pickup would block other traffic. The three men got into the Expedition and drove around the pickup, cutting it off.

The men got out of the SUV. One of them "reached in and punched (the pickup driver) several times on his eye, nose and jaw,'' according to the report. The victim "realized a second male was on his hood and was jumping onto his windshield and ultimately shattering the glass."

The victim said the third man "was the leader and directed the actions of the other two.''

The victim told police "the third male was very large and appeared to be a wrestler or football player." That man, which turned out to be Blount, never hit anyone or touched the victim's pickup, the report said.

The victim's girlfriend, who was in the pickup, was "screaming and crying hysterically" during the attack. The victim then blacked out. The victim and his girlfriend eventually raced inside to his apartment. The girlfriend said they hid there until he stopped bleeding. They then took a cab to her place.

The victim told police he feared he had a broken nose because he was spitting blood. He "also stated that his jaw is misaligned and he believes his jaw bone is swollen or displaced because he cannot chew food because his teeth no longer line up,'' according to the police report.

After the crash, Blount's sister called police to report a hit-and-run accident and to get auto insurance information on the other driver. She told police that her brother was driving her Expedition.

When police inspected the pickup, a detective thought the damage to the windshield looked "very peculiar." The officer noted that "it appeared as if someone did a cannon ball into the windshield at the driver side of the window." The officer further noted the damage was the "size of a grown man's rear end." Police decided that damage could not have happened during a crash.

The report said police did not pursue possible charges of "burglary for the purpose of committing battery, felony battery and felony criminal mischief'' at the request of the victim. The victim "feared that by pursuing his attackers he would be putting himself in danger.''

The incident began at about 6:30 p.m. on September 11, about two and a half hours after the Bucs lost their season opening game to the Detroit Lions 27-20.

Blount, who played college ball for the University of Oregon, gained unwanted national attention in 2009 after his team lost their season opening game to Boise State 19-8. TV cameras caught him sucker punching a Boise player and engaging in a temper tantrum despite the efforts of coaches to restrain him. Oregon suspended Blount for most of that season.

No NFL team picked Blount in the 2010 NFL draft. He signed as a free agent with the Tennessee Titans but got into a practice field fight with a teammate. Tampa Bay picked him up after he was released by the Titans, and Blount became the Bucs' No. 1 rusher last year, gaining 1,007 yards and scoring six touchdowns.

Mark Puente can be reached at mpuente@tampabay.com or (727) 893-8459. Follow him at Twitter at twitter.com/markpuente.

[Last modified: Dec 06, 2011 01:51 PM]

:facepalm:

Trent Richardson in the first anyone??

If this turns out to be even somewhat accurate cut his ass before dinner. Fucking thug.

@HolderStephen:

The investigation appears to be closed at this point and victim is not pursuing charges.

I mean he didn't lay his hands on the guy...and it looks like the dude was going to attempt a hit-and-run (at least to Blount and co.) but still...how fucking immature and just plain DUMB. Just makes him look like even more of a fucking punk.

What an idiot. :(

Hmmm...could have been a situation where your just hanging out with the wrong people. We've seen it far too often. These guys get rich and famous and bring their old friends along for the ride who aren't always the best company to keep.

@RoyECummings:

Bucs RB LeGarrette Blount's attorney says "ring-leader'' claim is baloney. Calls the accusations against Blount a "blatant money-grapb.''

Just read the police report. Nothing is going to come of this. Blount didn't do anything other then stop a druck fuck from killing someone by driving off. Now his boyz....beat the piss out of this guy.

Before calling the guy a thug and getting riled up over this, you should probably find the whole story out. The media tends to twist things into sounding worse than it is for more attention.

DECEMBER 06, 2011

Attorney: LeGarrette Blount victim of a "money grab"

LeGarrette Blount's attorney said the Tampa man who accuses the Buccaneers running back of directing an assault on him is actually attempting "a money grab."

Ryan Morgan, a Scottsdale, Ariz.-based agent who represents Blount, says that an attorney retained by victim Gary Holmer recently contacted the Bucs, asking for compensation of $95,000 for his injuries sustained in an incident Sept. 11 at Blount's apartment complex in Tampa. Morgan denied that Blount participated in any actions that led to Holmer's injuries. Holmer said Blount encouraged his friends in the assault, though he told police Blount did not physically participate.

"I spoke to LeGarrette and we rejected it outright because he didn’t do anything wrong," Morgan said. "We’re not going to pay someone who is just making a money grab. If there’s a claim he needs to address – and I’m not saying that there is – I suggest he do so with the other guys involved."

As for the events of that evening, Morgan claims Blount was sitting in the Ford Expedition mentioned in a police report when Holmer's vehicle made contact while passing by. Morgan said Blount never left the vehicle, saying he was instead concerned for the well-being of his autistic 7-year old niece, who also was in the vehicle.

Holmer, according to Morgan, continued crashing into cars and disputes allegations that the Expedition gave chase or cut off Holmer's vehicle. Morgan did not dispute that there was a subsequent altercation, but suggested it came about as a result of Holmer's actions.

"He drives in and he starts crashing into cars," Holmer said. "He was endangering the lives of others."

Holmer said Blount believed Holmer to be drunk, but that claim can't be substantiated.

@HolderStephen:

Blount's attorney used the term "money grab" to describe what's happened. Claims victim made demand for $95K or threatened to go public

Before calling the guy a thug and getting riled up over this, you should probably find the whole story out. The media tends to twist things into sounding worse than it is for more attention.

Who called him a thug?? I just said another thing that makes him look like a punk...

Regardless....the two guys (in both Blount's and victim's statements) WITH Blount beat the fuck out of the guy. I don't know if that's necessarily what he should have done.

Who called him a thug?? I just said another thing that makes him look like a punk...

Regardless....the two guys (in both Blount's and victim's statements) WITH Blount beat the fuck out of the guy. I don't know if that's necessarily what he should have done.

themush.

Like I said, I wouldn't judge until I knew all the facts. IMO he did the right thing by staying in the car and not getting involved. I'm sure some will judge him based on the actions of his friends which is fair to a certain extent but with his niece in the car, what could he have done other than call the cops on his own friends?

From JoeBucsFan.com:

“We get a message from [counsel representing the victim] saying they want $95,000,” Morgan said. “He said at the time if he didn’t get the money he would go public. He had a relationship with a reporter to write a one-sided article.

“It’s baloney, you know. This guy drives around crashing into cars and he admits LeGarette didn’t do anything [physical]. LeGarrette was with his seven-year old nephew who is autistic.

“This is total baloney, it’s just not true. Look, there was a crash and an altercation, I can’t condone that. But even [the victim] admits LeGarrette didn’t do anything.”

You guys clearly missed my second post.

And yeah, I flew off the handle because of his reoccurring past anger issues and short temper.

themush.

Oh lol...I didn't see his post...my fail.

Edited by BucD