Sign in to follow this  
AllYouNeedIsLovie

Eagles to hire Spags as DC?

League sources have said for weeks that Rams owner Stan Kroenke plans to clean house after the season, firing both head coach Steve Spagnuolo and General Manager Billy Devaney. League sources also said this week that it is all but certain that Spagnuolo will join Andy Reid’s staff in Philadelphia as the Eagles’ defensive coordinator. Devaney, who was the Chargers Director of Player Personnel from 1990-2000, will not be a candidate in San Diego.<br style="font-family: arial, helvetica, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; text-align: -webkit-left; "><br style="font-family: arial, helvetica, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; text-align: -webkit-left; ">Source: San Diego Union Tribune

This would be incredibly epic. We can demote Castillo to linebackers coach (where he should have been in the first place), and I'd love to see the type of blitz packages Spags would dial up with the wide nine.

It'd be nice to see a Jim Johnson deciple come in and bring our defense back to being an effective unit again. There are a lot of problems on this team though and I think that Castillo has been a bit of an escape goat. Castillo isn't the one turning the ball over putting his defense in bad positions time after time and he's not out there missing tackles. In all reality the lack of discipline on this team points back to one guy and one guy alone and that is Walrus Fuck Andy Reid. HE can gtfo. It won't happen but I can dream can't I?

It won't happen but I can dream can't I?

Well, we are the Dream Team, aren't we? :p

I highly doubt this happens considering its speculation about a position that isn't currently available and a coach that hasn't been let go yet.

edit: I'm not even sure it would be an upgrade considering the improvement the defense has made in the second half of the season. I'm a little skeptical of said improvement but perhaps it warrants another season. I think the failure of the Eagles season falls pretty heavily on the lackluster offense (especially in regard to turnovers) and Reid for blowing a season on Juan's growing pains early on, but now that it might be panning out, I think it might be a mistake to change it for the 3rd (4th?) season in a row.

Edited by GA_Eagle