Sign in to follow this  
SteVo

Report: Eagles/DeSean far apart in contract talks

League sources tell the Philadelphia Daily News impending free agent DeSean Jackson's "opinion of his worth" is "night-and-day different" from the Eagles'.

The two sides have apparently made little headway since the end of the regular season. Jackson has said he'd be open to playing under the franchise tag in 2012, but Daily News columnist Paul Domowitch doesn't believe the Eagles would be willing to pay the roughly $9.5 million D-Jax would make under the tag. Jackson remains most likely to remain in Philadelphia, but it's far from a slam dunk.

Source: Philadelphia Inquirer & Daily News

Not surprising. DeSean is definitely going to hit the free agent market, in my opinion; it's just a question of how humbling an experience he gets when he receives no top dollar offers.

I love what DeSean brings as a deep threat and as a return man. Just by being on the field he's an asset to the running game which too many people overlook but the guys attitude is terrible. You don't want a guy on your team that shows up when he feels like it. DeSean Jackson is good but he's no Randy Moss and he already has had 2 concussions. The guy is one big hit from having his career cut short. I think when you have the discipline problems the Eagles had last year you need to get rid of problematic lockerroom personalities. The Eagles already have extra picks in this years draft and enough talent on the team to recover from the losses of these players. I want to see some change this offseasons.

Not surprising. DeSean is definitely going to hit the free agent market, in my opinion; it's just a question of how humbling an experience he gets when he receives no top dollar offers.

He will get quite a bit of money from somebody.

He's a really talented player and someone out there is desperate enough to break the bank for him, I'm sure.