Sign in to follow this  
BigBen07

What would you do as NHL Commissioner?

Just a little interesting topic idea Bay Area Bomber came up with. Don't hold back! Give us everything you got!

Re-institute the red line/two line pass.

It's not as producing of game excitement as some make it out to be. And with touch icing, it creates havoc and danger for defenseman more than exciting plays for fans. Taking the trapezoid out wouldn't fix the problem either, because there's only a handful of goalies in the league that will/can play the puck.

Edited by Brownage

change the scoring system, the extra point awarded in OT games is obnoxious, the best alternative I've seen is the Olympic scoring system: 3 points for regulation win, 2 points for OT win, 1 point for OT loss, 0 points for regulation loss

eliminate shootouts, and no, I'm not just saying that because the Caps suck at them, seriously this is the equivalent of having NFL kickers take turns kicking from the 35 yard line to decide a game, or having NBA players alternate on foul shots to determine a game, or having a homerun derby to decide an MLB game, it's just ridiculous, I understand that you don't want regulation games going too long, but I'd rather even just go back to the old tie system and get rid of the extra OT point that way, still have a sudden death OT, but if it's still tied after 5 minutes just leave it at that, no points for a loss, 2 for a win, and 1 for a tie

Edited by oochymp

change the scoring system, the extra point awarded in OT games is obnoxious, the best alternative I've seen is the Olympic scoring system: 3 points for regulation win, 2 points for OT win, 1 point for OT loss, 0 points for regulation loss

eliminate shootouts, and no, I'm not just saying that because the Caps suck at them, seriously this is the equivalent of having NFL kickers take turns kicking from the 35 yard line to decide a game, or having NBA players alternate on foul shots to determine a game, or having a homerun derby to decide an MLB game, it's just ridiculous, I understand that you don't want regulation games going too long, but I'd rather even just go back to the old tie system and get rid of the extra OT point that way, still have a sudden death OT, but if it's still tied after 5 minutes just leave it at that, no points for a loss, 2 for a win, and 1 for a tie

Isn't it already that way?

Isn't it already that way?

are you joking or is that meant to be hyperbole? either way it's completely inaccurate, teams have to get into position somehow to get the field goal