Sign in to follow this  
oochymp

Payton, Loomis, Williams suspended

First off, let me say I read this thinking it would be full of bias against the Saints espcially since your QB was (both past and present) was listed as a target.

I didn't find the bias I was looking for. I think it was well written and your opinions on why is was too lenient has merit. Well written article JD.

Now for some things not mentioned in your article that I will assume either you didn't know about at the time or left out is that I believe Mickey Loomis was also fined $500,000 as well as the Saints for a total of a $1 million dollar fine. Also you didn't mention anything either about Payton and Loomis not telling the truth and failure to stop it when they had the chance.

I think the harshness (which I will honestly say doesn't look as harsh now after reading several articles) of the suspensions come from lying to daddy pretty much.

Rog told us to stop, we said we did but continued to do as we please. I do believe arrogance was involved and wether Payton and Loomis knew about it continueing or not, they still should have known what was going on in their house.

Still, even tho it has been admitted as a bounty program now by Gregg Williams I still haven't really seen proof of it in the play of the Saints defense (NFCCG aside with Favre since that seems to be the big one). But the fines and penalties and "cart-offs" that the Saints have been penalized for don't seem to justify a "bounty" program. Incentive as it is I understand people being pissed about it.

I will still be a New Orleans Saints fan. I will still wear my black and gold glasses, wear my black and gold and shout "Who Dat" on gameday and everyday in between. I grew up a Saints when paper bags were popular and have continued to this day to root for my team and will continue to do so.

Call me what you want, but in the 40 years I have been alive I have learned not to care what others think of me or about me (espcially on the internet). I do appreciate some fans from other teams on this site saying the punishment was too harsh but it is what it is. It's happened and once the players get their fines and suspenions handed down then the team and the fans can move on.

Thank you sir. We may disagree, but I do respect your opinion both as a fan of the Saints and the NFL on the matter. :yep:

Semi-unrelated.

Is Drew Brees even going to want to come back? I'd want out as fast as possible.

There might be a good chance that Brees MAY move on following this Season. I mean, he wants to stay in New Orleans but they won't give him the deal he wants. Quite frankly, he deserves the deal. He brought that franchise their first Super Bowl victory... and this year, I don't see them getting that far and possibly miss the playoffs. Their defense is shot to shit after this whole scandal. Let's see how it goes. If Brees enters Free Agency, maybe the Dolphins should ATTEMPT (unlikely with Ireland as GM) to make a pass at Brees and see if we can sign him for a 2 year deal or something lol... wishful thinking... lol

There might be a good chance that Brees MAY move on following this Season. I mean, he wants to stay in New Orleans but they won't give him the deal he wants. Quite frankly, he deserves the deal. He brought that franchise their first Super Bowl victory... and this year, I don't see them getting that far and possibly miss the playoffs. Their defense is shot to shit after this whole scandal. Let's see how it goes. If Brees enters Free Agency, maybe the Dolphins should ATTEMPT (unlikely with Ireland as GM) to make a pass at Brees and see if we can sign him for a 2 year deal or something lol... wishful thinking... lol

They failed once at getting him. What makes you think they'll get him this time? :p

They failed once at getting him. What makes you think they'll get him this time? :p

Wishful thinking lol, I know for a fact they won't get him. Maybe the Cards or something like that lol. And the Dolphins according to Brees insulted the hell out of him when he was a free agent.

Thank you sir. We may disagree, but I do respect your opinion both as a fan of the Saints and the NFL on the matter. :yep:

Semi-unrelated.

Is Drew Brees even going to want to come back? I'd want out as fast as possible.

Well after time to think about things, I would have to admit that if say the Green Bay Packers were the ones going down for a bounty scandal or any other team that I would react as most other fans from another team have reacted.

As for Brees I don't know. I know the consensus for the Saints is they need their leader to keep things together and with Payton gone he is the closest thing we have to a leader for the entire team. I think they will continue to try a get a long term deal done.

If not we can franchise him again next year but it can't be an exclusive tag so he could still sign with someone else.