Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

**Update** Report: Packers, Driver agree on new contract

Per Rotoworld.com:

ESPN Milwaukee's Jason Wilde predicted on-air Friday that Donald Driver will remain with the Packers in 2012.

"I think he's gonna be back," said Wilde. "... He's willing to take a pay cut, I assume all the way down to the veteran minimum. ... I do think he'll be back." If so, Randall Cobb's re-draft league value figures to be blocked for one more season. Driver, 37, finished 2011 with 37 catches for 445 yards and six touchdowns. He failed to clear 75 receiving yards in all 16 appearances. May 4 - 5:54 PM

Edited by BLUE

He was the only reliable pair of hands on team in the loss to the Giants in the playoffs. Why the hell not.

He was the only reliable pair of hands on team in the loss to the Giants in the playoffs. Why the hell not.

Exactly, and I think he has a lot more left in him than people give him credit for. I'd miss him a lot if he was gone.

Ya, I fully believe that Driver is still capable of cranking out 100 yard games... We just have too many pieces on offense to get him the ball as much as he needs to achieve that 100 yard mark. It's unfortunate, but if he wants to continue to be a Packer (which I know he does, and the feeling is mutual) that sacrifices must be made.

Ya, I fully believe that Driver is still capable of cranking out 100 yard games... We just have too many pieces on offense to get him the ball as much as he needs to achieve that 100 yard mark. It's unfortunate, but if he wants to continue to be a Packer (which I know he does, and the feeling is mutual) that sacrifices must be made.

Do you think that 2012 will be his last year in the NFL though?

Do you think that 2012 will be his last year in the NFL though?

If we win the Super Bowl he'll most definitely retire.

If we don't, he still will probably retire.

Per Rotoworld.com:

The player rep for Donald Driver expects to work out a restructured contract with the Packers once the receiver is finished with Dancing with the Stars.

"The Packers have always wanted Donald back and we have always planned on him playing there," the agent told Profootballtalk. "I discussed deal structure with the team a while ago and we will work out the details once Donald returns to Green Bay." One teammate told ESPN Milwaukee that he knew Driver would have to take a pay cut to return to the Packers this season. May 17 - 5:12 PM

Source: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com

Per Rotoworld.com:

Lance Allan of NBC Milwaukee reports that the Packers have agreed on a revised contract with Donald Driver.

"We have agreed to terms with the Packers but need to review it tomorrow to finalize," said Driver's agent. Driver himself tweeted, "When I said I will be a Packer for life. It is now true. Packer for life." Driver was never going to return at his scheduled $4.3 million in salary and bonuses, so a revised contract was necessary. While the deal makes sense for a Packers legend, Driver may block second-year receiver Randall Cobb from taking on a significant offensive role. May 29 - 11:26 PM

Source: Lance Allan on Twitter

Driver isn't going to block anybody from playing well. Aaron rarely even went to Donald in his reads, let alone actually throw him the ball. lol

If anyone is going to halt Cobb's production... It's James Jones, Jordy Nelson, Greg Jennings, and Jermichael Finley.