Sign in to follow this  
sweetness34

Photography: Supermoon and Waterfalls

So I've been home for all of two days and I'm already ready for a post for you guys. But this is probably my last one before I leave for Africa this friday... then I'll be gone for two weeks and back with enough photos to fill 8 threads (hopefully)

Anyway...

Supermoon:

IMG_8391-2.jpg

IMG_8397.jpg

IMG_8406.jpg

IMG_8412.jpg

IMG_8420.jpg

IMG_8424.jpg

Technically I didn't get much of the actual supermoon because of cloud cover, but I was able to experiment a lot with flash photography.

Gone Fishing:

IMG_8332.jpg

IMG_8329.jpg

IMG_8323-2.jpg

IMG_8314.jpg

Taken at this pond right in the middle of town ha.

Silver Falls:

IMG_8434-2.jpg

IMG_8480.jpg

IMG_8487.jpg

IMG_8490.jpg

IMG_8496.jpg

IMG_8504.jpg

IMG_8532.jpg

IMG_8537.jpg

IMG_8565_6_7_8_9_fused.jpg

Those last few shots of the waterfall involved some pretty intense free climbing, with one hand I might add as I had my camera and tripod in the other hand.

As always.... favorites/comments/critiques

<3,

Sweetness

• Upvote 1

God I would absolutely love to live around there.

Not only do you take great photographs, you remind some of us of the natural beauty in the earth. I live in a beautiful place, too. Contrary to popular belief, if you know where to go in North Dakota, you'll find some beautiful natural scenery. Either way, your photography is both inspiring and nostalgic, man. Keep up the good work.

LOVED picture #2 and then all of the water fall ones...

Epic as usual bro.

Stunning water fall shots. Unfortunately, I didn't get to see the super moon because we had a lot of cloud cover as well.

Really appreciated guys, get ready for a barrage of pictures when I get back from Africa.

Not only do you take great photographs, you remind some of us of the natural beauty in the earth. I live in a beautiful place, too. Contrary to popular belief, if you know where to go in North Dakota, you'll find some beautiful natural scenery. Either way, your photography is both inspiring and nostalgic, man. Keep up the good work.

Beauty in ND? haha jk, man your comments are always well thought out and much appreciated.

I especially like the ones that you use a longer shutter speed. The light one's are cool, the one with the person, I'm amazed how focused she is in the shot, and the waterfall ones are always cool. The water looks so soft.

I'm excited to see what you bring back from Africa. One's with people in them are always tougher, but I think that they turn out to be way more powerful than just like still shot or nature shots. I hope you get some good ones. And have a great time in Africa!

I especially like the ones that you use a longer shutter speed. The light one's are cool, the one with the person, I'm amazed how focused she is in the shot, and the waterfall ones are always cool. The water looks so soft.

I'm excited to see what you bring back from Africa. One's with people in them are always tougher, but I think that they turn out to be way more powerful than just like still shot or nature shots. I hope you get some good ones. And have a great time in Africa!

Thanks bro. The long exposure with my sister in it was me expiramenting with flash. I left the shutter open for 30 seconds while I ran around below her with my external flash... so while the camera was doing 30 second exposures of the background, it was picking her up really well because of the flash. It's the same with the shot of the old fireplace. While my camera captured it I was running from side to side force firing the flash to eliminate shadows. It was a technique I've never used but will be using from now on.

Much love.