Sign in to follow this  
Omerta

Lets put some shit to rest

First and foremost the recent schedule thing has cam up about the Ravens in particular.

2011 Strength of Schedule goes as follows for the AFCN among the rest of the NFL:

Cleveland: 19th

Cincinnati: 27th

Pittsburgh: 27th

Baltimore: 31st

So that said nobody in the AFCN had a hard one and Pittsburgh and Cincy only had slightly tougher schedules definitely not tough enough for people to give an edge one way or the other. The Browns had by far the hardest and it reflected in the record.

Source

Second lets get past this Age thing because it is complete horse shit.

Average Age for defensive starters:

Pittseburgh:30.2

Cincinatti: 26.2

Baltimore: 26.9

Cleveland: 27

Average age of Offensive starters:

Piitsburgh: 24.9

Cincinatti: 25.4

Baltimore: 27.2

Cleveland: 24.8

So this same old tired ass talk of Blatimore is getting old is indeed getting old. And once Ray and Ed are gone look for that average age to be right around 24.5. And truth be told no team in the AFCN is getting all that old. Although Pitt is the leader but not by a wide margin.

Source

Man that Ravens offense is old balls!

<_>

Ed Reed will be 34 this season, Terrell Suggs is going to be 30, Ray Lewis is 37. Lardarius Webb and Haloti Ngata are the only two other star players the Ravens have on defense. Lewis and Reed are near retirement, you can't deny that.

As for the record, thanks for proving my point for me. I never said anything about the rest of the AFC North's schedules; I said that the Ravens had a cake schedule and they did. 12-4 out of that schedule is what should have been expected. If they were truly this powerhouse Super Bowl team like most claim, they'd have lost to better teams rather than playing to the level of their opponents all season and would have bumped that up a couple notches.

The AFC was weak last year. The Patriots and Ravens were extremely overrated and posting their weak strength of schedule lends credence to my argument.

Ed Reed will be 34 this season, Terrell Suggs is going to be 30, Ray Lewis is 37. Lardarius Webb and Haloti Ngata are the only two other star players the Ravens have on defense. Lewis and Reed are near retirement, you can't deny that.

As for the record, thanks for proving my point for me. I never said anything about the rest of the AFC North's schedules; I said that the Ravens had a cake schedule and they did. 12-4 out of that schedule is what should have been expected. If they were truly this powerhouse Super Bowl team like most claim, they'd have lost to better teams rather than playing to the level of their opponents all season and would have bumped that up a couple notches.

The AFC was weak last year. The Patriots and Ravens were extremely overrated and posting their weak strength of schedule lends credence to my argument.

I took all that into account. as far as how old will they be when the season starts.

As for the cake schedules it was not really to dispute your claim of a cake schedule because it indeed was. I twas to show that scheduling really wanst something that should be a knock because almost every year you know eight games and then you know what teams you will play based off of divisions so it is not like you can really point to someones schedule and say that well they should have been this or that because in the end you will never know until the game unfolds.

As to the Ravens you are again correct in the ascertainment that they played up and down to their competition so that being said had the schedule been different they may have ended up with the same record due to that fact. Again we will never know however this year they the AFCN has a very tough schedule so we are going to see.

And they were SB contenders it was a dumb ass catch away with a perfectly thrown ball away from winning and an idiot kicker from tying.

And do not sit here and point fingers as if the steelers were not overrated. Every year it is the same shit. I think last year the slogan was stairway to seven and every analyst gave the ravens no shot of winning the division just like every year for the last decade. I really ahve no problem with it though because we are still in the playoffs every year. A?nd if you are an honest pittsburgh fan you can not lie and say you know you are going to beat the Ravens every time because just about every game in recent memory has been one score more often than not coming down to a field goal.

Again this was not meant to disprove an argument one way or the other, more or less to point out division rivals rarely have schedules that are stark contrasts to each other. So if you say the person who wins the division has a cake as schedule then your team generally does not have it much tougher.

However take it as a victory if you like but their was no argument intended just making sure that from here on nobody makes some irrational argument and everybody has a full deck.

Side note though: WE lost to the AFC champs you lost to probably the second shittiest QB in the league so lets not go there.