Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Doctor to pay child support for botching abortion

Some peoples jobs are a bit more serious than others when I fuck up at work I get suspended, If your an abortion doctor and don't do your job which is performing abortions than you should be fired.

That's not how it works, any doctor that performs any type of medical procedure or operation is highly skilled and trained in what they do, but there is always an element of error or unforeseen circumstances that have to be accounted for and they make mistakes.

It's why there is such a thing called malpractice insurance, which protects the doctor from such unfortunate circumstances when they make a mistake during a surgery and the patient rightfully sues them. It's really quite common, believe it or not, and there are exceptional doctors out there with years and years of training that have been sued multiple times for malpractice.

I don't know the policies in Spain, but in the United States, the majority of states require physicians to obtain professional liability insurance in order to treat clients. This doctor messed up, but he shouldn't lose his job over it, while it would be ideal, expecting all physicians to have a 100% success rate in everything they do is just not practical.

The doctor SHOULD pay for his negligence, i.e. refunding operational costs and paying for medical bills associated with giving birth to the child, that's all pretty standard in a case like this. Even the sum of money awarded to her is not extreme or really out of the ordinary, whether one agrees with it or not. However the fact that he has to pay child support until the boy is 26 years old is absurd, that's not his responsibility, and its the only reason why this story is in news.

• Upvote 1

And thats just not true. What if you had a great job that you had to quit because of the kid? What if you dont have the money to raise one. What if you just plain don't like kids? All valid reasons to not want one.

A-d-o-p-t-i-o-n

This not a choice between abortion or having to raise the kid.

This is a choice between abortion or adoption or having to raise the kid.

You act like her only alternative now that the abortion has failed is to raise the child. If she still doesn't want the child she can give it up for adoption.

No way the doctor should have to pay child support. He should pay damages and medical bills, but child support is silly. He failed at his job, but the mother and father (Where the hell is he in all this? Sounds like this chick got knocked up on one night stand and probably doesn't even remember the face of the father) are the ones who created the child, they are the ones who should have to pay the child's way, not the doctor who failed to get rid of it after it was already created.