Milla4Prez63

The Superhero Thread

Stephen Amell (Oliver Queen in Arrow) said he was never approached about possibly playing Green Arrow in a movie. I don't think DC is serious about combining universes. It can work if done right (Marvel has continued to expand the MCU beyond the films), but I heard they plan on having a Hollywood upper tier actor play Flash in films. Green Arrow may be left out of the movie universe to avoid comparisons to Hawkeye.

Okay but why the Queen/Wayne merger? Was that for nothing?

I saw the Queen/Wayne merger thing, but it's likely an easter egg, and if not, I doubt they use Ben Affleck to come in and tie the show to the films.

Anywho, Milla continues to show how wise he is when it comes to purchasing Deadpool merchandise. :yep:

post-7127-0-24282000-1407474484_thumb.jpg

The Turtles seriously made 25.6 million last night... Are you kidding me? Transformers series version 2.0 here we come.....

TMNT was a crap movie, but studios and producers know these kinds of films are cash cows. Make a big budget movie based on a popular property and you'll make money.

Because we needed it, we're getting a TMNT sequel.

Yay people paying for bad movies.

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna end up seeing it, what with turtles obsessed kid and all. Though my guess is the current cartoon is far better.

I want a Moon Knight movie. And I still think Cloak & Dagger would be epic.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Moon Knight was kind of mentioned in Winter Soldier so who knows...

http://collider.com/the-inhumans-movie-joe-robert-cole-script/

Guardians of the Galaxy was Marvel’s big gamble on whether or not they could sell a group of unknown characters in a unique world based on the studio’s brand alone. They won that bet, and now it’s given Marvel the confidence to move forward on another team of mostly unknown, strange characters: The Inhumans. As we reported back in March 2011, the studio was considering adapting the comic into a movie. In July 2012, Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige told Entertainment Weekly that if either Guardians or The Inhumans became a movie, audiences could expect an “X-Men-style ensemble, a la The Avengers.” In a broad sense, that’s true: A team of misfits and outsiders comes together to battle a larger foe; beyond that, I doubt many would compare Guardians to X-Men or The Avengers. But for over two years, there was no word on The Inhumans.

The other day, Vin Diesel dropped a hint about being part of The Inhumans, and it turns out he wasn’t just blowing smoke. The studio is happy with the existing script by Joe Robert Cole, and now the next logical step is to take it out to filmmakers. Hit the jump for more.

According to our sources, Marvel plans to handle The Inhumans in the same way they handled Guardians of the Galaxy. For those who don’t know, the original draft of Guardians was written by Nicole Perlman, who was part of Marvel’s writing program. That draft then went out to filmmakers. When James Gunn came on board, he added his flavor and details to the story, but the characters, story structure, and beats from Perlman’s draft remained in place. As Adam explained in his recent editorial, directors are brought on board to execute a specific vision.

Cole also came out of Marvel’s writing program, and the studio is pleased with his script, so now they’re presumably ready to take it out to filmmakers. We can also assume that since Guardians was a success, the studio is willing to bring on a director with a unique voice like Gunn. He didn’t upend the Marvel formula, but his personality flows through the picture. He was in tune with a group of oddball outsiders, and that made him the best man for the job.

So who’s the best choice for The Inhumans? Briefly, the Inhumans were created by alien experiments on primitive homo-sapiens. The alien race behind the experiments, the Kree, abandoned their work and the Inhumans went on to form a society of their own, which is led by the king Black Bolt and his family Medusa, Karnak, Gorgon, Triton, Crystal, Maximus the Mad, and the canine Lockjaw. For more on The Inhumans, read Marvel’s wiki page.

Our sources tell us that this movie is part of Marvel not only expanding its list of properties, but actively building a multiple-film cosmic universe.

To be clear, we don’t know the details about this script, and we don’t know the directors the studio has on its wish list. What we know is that Marvel is ready to move forward on The Inhumans, and we’re hearing it will take one of the dates on their current schedule.

Inhumans makes a lot of sense for an MCU movie. I'd be surprised if it isn't made.

So, Marc Webb confirmed Mysterio and Kraven the Hunter as Sinister Six members. Also said Norman Osborn's head is cryogenically frozen and will return.

Edited by Millabrock420

So, Marc Webb confirmed Mysterio and Kraven the Hunter as Sinister Six members. Also said Norman Osborn's head is cryogenically frozen and will return.

Of course it is. Ha.

Supposedly they planned a post credits scene where the Gentleman approaches Norman's head and says time to wake up old friend or something along those lines.

Sinister Six is gonna flop. Sony has no idea how to make a good Spider-Man movie.

Not so much a superhero as much as a spoof on one, but.... Amazon is bringing back The Tick!

Ryan Reynolds tho.

He seemed fine in the test footage. This doesn't have to be a cinematic masterpiece for me to love it, just give me the Deadpool I know and love and make me laugh. I'm just so geeked out this is finally happening and so soon too. Hard to believe this will hit theaters before Apocalypse does.

Fair enough. I just assumed everyone hated him in the role.

He seemed fine in the test footage. This doesn't have to be a cinematic masterpiece for me to love it, just give me the Deadpool I know and love and make me laugh. I'm just so geeked out this is finally happening and so soon too. Hard to believe this will hit theaters before Apocalypse does.

Calm down. It won't be true to Deadpool. It's wayyy more than likely gonna have a PG-13 rating. And by the way, I can easily see a caption in the trailer saying: "from the studio that brought you Fantastic Four". :smug:

Edited by Spartan Havoc

The fact it is coming out in a February (normally a dead time for movies) makes me think it will be rated R. But we'll get more concrete info soon.

Please don't ruin Deadpool.

When are we getting a new (and by default, better) Green Lantern?

http://deadline.com/2014/09/bryan-singer-xmen-apocalypse-director-sequel-838588/

EXCLUSIVE: Fox has just closed a deal with Bryan Singer to direct X-Men: Apocalypse, the next installment of its billion-dollar Marvel mutants franchise. This will be Singer’s fourth installment as director; he hatched the franchise with the first two films for Fox, and came back to direct this year’s X-Men: Days Of Future Past. That latter film, which meshed the original trilogy cast with the one from X-Men: First Class, grossed $746 million worldwide, the most of any of the films. Singer’s participation in the new film had been rumored, but his deal is now done.

The new film is being scripted by Simon Kinberg from a story written by Singer, Kinberg, Michael Dougherty and Dan Harris. Singer and Lauren Shuler Donner are producing with Kinberg and Hutch Parker. Production begins early next year, and the film will be released May 27, 2016.

Apocalypse takes place a decade after Days of Future Past and is a seamless next step in the story. The altering of time has unleashed a new and uniquely powerful enemy. Charles (James McAvoy), Erik/Magneto (Michael Fassbender), Raven/Mystique (Jennifer Lawrence), Wolverine (Hugh Jackman) and Hank/Beast (Nicholas Hoult) are joined by young Cyclops, Storm, Jean and others as the X-Men must fight their most formidable foe yet: an ancient unrelenting force determined to cause an apocalypse unlike any in human history. The universe continues to expand with characters, and maybe this is the one where Channing Tatum comes aboard as Remy LeBeau, better known as Gambit, which has been widely rumored even by the Foxcatcher star himself. This is Fox production chief Emma Watts’ baby, but Daria Cercek is overseeing for the studio, and Jason Taylor will oversee for Singer’s Bad Hat Harry. Singer is repped by WME.