#1 Milla4Prez63

Milla4Prez63

R.I.P. Lee Roy Selmon

• Members
  • 3,983 posts
  • NCAA Team(s): Florida State
  • NFL Team: Buccaneers

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:21 AM

This has become a new hobby/interest of mine, so I've made a thread for all of us nerds who like these characters/stories to discuss them because they are awesome. Whether it be movies, comics, video games, etc.

As for movies, obviously we have The Amazing Spider-Man and The Dark Knight Rises coming out this summer and The Avengers already dominated at the box office, but next year should be a pretty good year for superhero movies too. Marvel has three scheduled films for 2013. Iron Man 3 is scheduled to be released on May 3rd while Thor 2 is scheduled to hit theaters on November 8th. They also have a sequel for X-Men Origins: Wolverine scheduled to be out on July 26th. We also get the reboot of the Superman film franchise, Man of Steel, in June 2013. Which is the only major film DC has after TDKR this summer, as far as I know. I wonder if they are going to try and make movies for Wonder Woman, Flash, Aquaman, etc. and maybe get the ball rolling on a Justice League movie.

Marvel also has three films on track for 2014. One of them is already announced in Captain America 2, but the other two are secrets. People have speculated on Ant-Man, Black Panther, The Incredible Hulk 2, Dr. Strange, Guardians of the Galaxy and Deadpool as possibilities. It will be interesting to see what they choose to do, I really think they need to introduce Ant-Man in time for Avengers 2 myself, he was an original Avenger afterall.

As for video games, anyone who hasn't tried out Batman Arkham City needs to play it now. The game gives you the ultimate Batman experience swinging from roof to roof, preying on baddies from above as the dark knight. The game is so in depth with its' details. It is really something else.

DC also has a new fighting game coming out called Injustice: Gods Among Us. It looks to be like Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe but more focused on the DC deal.

marshmello-2016-07-03.jpg
My Funko Pop Collection: http://www.poppriceg...MTWT2NRHWSX12X/

【=◈︿◈=】

#2 DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

Advanced Member

• Elite Members
  • 18,979 posts
  • NCAA Team(s): University of Oregon, MSU
  • NFL Team: Lions

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:50 AM

I'm a huge DC guy. Only Marvel superhero that I really like is Spiderman and Gambit. I read Spiderman comics all the time.

My all time favorite Super heroes are The Green Lantern (John Stewart) and Cyborg.

I always would get up in the morning to watch the new episodes of Justice League and Teen Titans.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F, 03 June 2012 - 07:51 AM.

YoaUhU7.jpg

71plbb.gif

#3 Milla4Prez63

Milla4Prez63

R.I.P. Lee Roy Selmon

• Members
  • 3,983 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 11:09 AM

I'm a huge DC guy. Only Marvel superhero that I really like is Spiderman and Gambit. I read Spiderman comics all the time.

My all time favorite Super heroes are The Green Lantern (John Stewart) and Cyborg.

I always would get up in the morning to watch the new episodes of Justice League and Teen Titans.

I used to watch Teen Titans, good stuff. :yep:

I'm not really a DC vs. Marvel person, they both have their good and bad characters. It just seems Marvel has managed to master putting their characters on the big screen, which is giving them more popularity. Chris Nolan is the only thing DC has going for it in Hollywood right now, and they have wrapped up his Batman series. DC owns in the cartoon department though, Batman The Animated Series is. the. shit.

【=◈︿◈=】

#4 DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

Advanced Member

• Elite Members
  • 18,979 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:14 PM

I used to watch Teen Titans, good stuff. :yep:

I'm not really a DC vs. Marvel person, they both have their good and bad characters. It just seems Marvel has managed to master putting their characters on the big screen, which is giving them more popularity. Chris Nolan is the only thing DC has going for it in Hollywood right now, and they have wrapped up his Batman series. DC owns in the cartoon department though, Batman The Animated Series is. the. shit.

I'm still over pissed off at how much the Green Lantern movie flopped. I even went out in opening night for it.... biggest mistake ever. >_>

YoaUhU7.jpg

71plbb.gif

#5 Vin

Vin

You are like a little baby. Watch this.

• Owner+
  • 27,450 posts
  • NCAA Team(s): Florida State Seminoles
  • NFL Team: Jaguars

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:19 PM

Marvel also has three films on track for 2014. One of them is already announced in Captain America 2, but the other two are secrets. People have speculated on Ant-Man, Black Panther, The Incredible Hulk 2, Dr. Strange, Guardians of the Galaxy and Deadpool as possibilities. It will be interesting to see what they choose to do, I really think they need to introduce Ant-Man in time for Avengers 2 myself, he was an original Avenger afterall.

Black Panther would be interesting. I remember one of the Avengers 2 speculation pieces that I read mentioned him as a possibility. Dunno if he could hold a feature movie, but he'd definitely be a cool supporting character.

thevindicator.png

Axiomatic728.png

#6 Milla4Prez63

Milla4Prez63

R.I.P. Lee Roy Selmon

• Members
  • 3,983 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:49 PM

Black Panther would be interesting. I remember one of the Avengers 2 speculation pieces that I read mentioned him as a possibility. Dunno if he could hold a feature movie, but he'd definitely be a cool supporting character.

I've read that Wesley Snipes has been trying to do a live action Black Panther film since the early 90s. I honestly think it could work really well with the right script and actor. If you connect if to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, which it obviously would, people would go see it. I'd like to see both Black Panther and Ant-Man get their own movies and appear in Avengers 2. But we're lucky if we even get one.

【=◈︿◈=】

#7 BwareDWare94

BwareDWare94

Rediscover/all the color/in the grey

• Global Moderators
  • 12,826 posts
  • NCAA Team(s): North Dakota State Bison
  • NFL Team: Vikings

Posted 03 June 2012 - 03:03 PM

I don't read comics or anything, but I usually enjoy the movies, especially if Joss Whedon is in any way affiliated. Dude's a genius.

Screen+Shot+2017-09-18+at+2.46.45+PM.png

#8 KiLaSix9

KiLaSix9

ROY???

• TGP Prime+
  • 10,376 posts
  • NCAA Team(s): FSU

Posted 03 June 2012 - 04:57 PM

I've always loved Marvel. The only DC characters I like are Batman. Don't care for any others except maybe Superman because of the old Reeves movies. They deserve to make a good Superman franchise though. That one that came out a few years ago was crap.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 Milla4Prez63

Milla4Prez63

R.I.P. Lee Roy Selmon

• Members
  • 3,983 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:32 PM

A good cartoon show to check out is The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. It airs on Disney XD, but I saw the whole first season on Netflix. It is a really good show, it sucks it appears to be getting cancelled for a more childish show.

【=◈︿◈=】

#10 Omerta

Omerta

John Harbaugh is an Idiot.

• TGP Prime+
  • 3,570 posts
  • NCAA Team(s): Miami Hurricanes
  • NFL Team: Ravens

Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:40 PM

I have always been a huge punisher fan.

Just something about a guy who has no real special abilities and is something that an actual guy could be if he was super BA and had all the training Frank
castle had.
Posted Image

#11 .AirMcNair.

.AirMcNair.

Advanced Member

• Elite Members
  • 3,827 posts
  • NCAA Team(s): Tennessee Volunteers
  • NFL Team: Unspecified

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:21 PM

I don't see any way we'll ever get a Justice League movie. Christian Bale has said he's done with Batman, as has Christopher Nolan, and it's looking like Batman may very well be killed off in TDKR. They'd have to do a separate Batman movie(or 2) for that, given he, along with Superman is the leader, plus find some way to make a Aquaman, Wonderwoman, Flash, a separate Green Lantern(that movie blew chunks) and Martian The Manhunter movies, if they're going to include all of the founding members(and I don't see any other way it'd work).

465847302f6e79c367c510d0cc4e2770.jpg

:mjtears: :mjtears: :mjtears: :mjtears: :mjtears:

#12 KiLaSix9

KiLaSix9

ROY???

• TGP Prime+
  • 10,376 posts
  • NCAA Team(s): FSU

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:32 PM

So, favorite superheros everyone? Super villains?

My favorite heroes: Wolverine, Deadpool, War Machine, Spiderman
Villains: Apocalypse, Venom, Magneto

Posted Image

Posted Image

#13 Milla4Prez63

Milla4Prez63

R.I.P. Lee Roy Selmon

• Members
  • 3,983 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:37 PM

I don't see any way we'll ever get a Justice League movie. Christian Bale has said he's done with Batman, as has Christopher Nolan, and it's looking like Batman may very well be killed off in TDKR. They'd have to do a separate Batman movie(or 2) for that, given he, along with Superman is the leader, plus find some way to make a Aquaman, Wonderwoman, Flash, a separate Green Lantern(that movie blew chunks) and Martian The Manhunter movies, if they're going to include all of the founding members(and I don't see any other way it'd work).

I don't think a Justice League movie is on the way anytime soon, but I wouldn't say it is never coming. I just hope they don't try and force shit out there to try and match The Avengers. As much as I'd like to see the JL in a film, they need to do it right. DC and Warner Bros. were actually working on a project called "Justice League Mortal" a few years back. George Miller was on board to direct and they supposedly even held castings for the roles of Batman and Superman. But it got caught up in development hell and has since been trashed. A big rumor to why it got trashed is that they planned to introduce Talia al Ghul in the movie looking to get revenge on Batman for killing her father in Batman Begins. But Chris Nolan threw a fit when he heard about the idea because he has always said his Batman films don't exsist in the same universe as any other hero.

But ultimately some things need to happen before we can get the Justice League on the big screen. They don't necesarily have to give all their characters their own movie first, they weren't in this project, but it is probably better they at least introduce some of these characters like Wonder Woman and Flash on film first. Hell, Joss Whedon had a script and was set to direct a Wonder Woman movie before Warner Bros. backed out at the last second. They really have to be kicking themselves after he made a masterpiece out of The Avengers.

【=◈︿◈=】

#14 Milla4Prez63

Milla4Prez63

R.I.P. Lee Roy Selmon

• Members
  • 3,983 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:23 PM

So, favorite superheros everyone? Super villains?

My favorite heroes: Wolverine, Deadpool, War Machine, Spiderman
Villains: Apocalypse, Venom, Magneto

Heroes: Batman, Spider-Man, Hulk
Villains: Joker, Loki, Dr. Doom

I honestly like a lot more villains than heroes lolz.

【=◈︿◈=】

#15 Vin

Vin

You are like a little baby. Watch this.

• Owner+
  • 27,450 posts
  • NCAA Team(s): Florida State Seminoles
  • NFL Team: Jaguars

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:58 PM

I've always been partial to Mr. Sinister as a villain.

thevindicator.png

Axiomatic728.png

#16 Bay

Bay

Fly by Night

• Members
  • 11,617 posts
  • Interests:Football, Hockey, baseball and basketball to an extent, dogs, music, movies, some video games.
  • NCAA Team(s): tOSU, Denver Pioneers
  • NFL Team: 49ers

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:03 PM

I like Black Heart. War of the Gems is the best.

(2:00 mark.)

ChuckBerry_1926-2017-300x225.jpg

#17 Milla4Prez63

Milla4Prez63

R.I.P. Lee Roy Selmon

• Members
  • 3,983 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:25 PM

Here is an image from the set of Iron Man 3, which began filming in North Carolina.

Posted Image

【=◈︿◈=】

#18 Milla4Prez63

Milla4Prez63

R.I.P. Lee Roy Selmon

• Members
  • 3,983 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:18 PM

I just bought my first graphic novel, it is called Avengers The Initiative Disassembled. It is mostly centered around lesser known Marvel characters. I'm going to ask for more stuff like it for my birthday. I nearly got Marvel Zombies 2 instead, but took this book because it was almost half the price.

【=◈︿◈=】

#19 DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

Advanced Member

• Elite Members
  • 18,979 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:36 AM

So apparently during the MTV awards an epic scene from The Dark Knight was shown that was on the internet for a bit until WB requested for it to be taken down from the internet...

Anybody here see it? Cause im really mad I missed it... lol...

YoaUhU7.jpg

71plbb.gif

#20 NaTaS

NaTaS

ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

• TGP Prime+
  • 7,495 posts
  • NCAA Team(s): tOSU - CSU
  • NFL Team: Browns

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:17 AM

Favorite Heroes: Superman, Hulk, Batman
Favorite Villains: Loki, Doomsday, Joker