Milla4Prez63

The Superhero Thread

Joss Whedon confirms Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch for Avengers sequel, talks Iron Man's future

A rumor started a few weeks ago that Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch would be joining the team in the upcoming Avengers sequel. Further signs continued to point towards the characters' inclusion in the film and now writer/director Joss Whedon has confirmed the characters will appear in an interview with IGN. In the interview, he spoke about their involvement in the film.

"You know, they had a rough beginning. They’re interesting to me because they sort of represent the part of the world that wouldn’t necessarily agree with The Avengers. So they’re not there to make things easier. I’m not putting any characters in the movie that will make things easier.”

We've learned exclusively at SuperheroHype that Irish actress Saoirse Ronan is the "prototype" for their version of the Scarlet Witch, but no casting has taken place.

Whedon also spoke about how the ending to Iron Man 3 (spoiler ahead!) showed a potentially changed Tony, but he's still tied to The Avengers.

“Well, I feel like in Iron Man 3, even though he said, ‘I’ve changed' -- he blew up his remote suits, but I don’t think anybody thinks he doesn’t have one anymore. The question is, if The Avengers are called, does he show up? And the answer is, ‘Yes!’”

Casting for The Avengers 2 is still coming together with many rumors flying around about potential actors being replaced. Regardless of who ultimately assembles for the sequel, Marvel's The Avengers 2 hits the big screen on May 1, 2015.

The season finale of Arrow was pretty good. Kinda predictable but all in all, it was a great show. Hope for another season but idk if it'd be as good.

BREAKING NEWS: Quicksilver has an actor, but not for what you think....

FOX and Bryan Singer have announced Evan Peters has joined the cast of X-Men: Days of Future Past as Pietro Maximoff/Quicksilver. This is an interesting development since Joss Whedon has already announced the inclusion of Pietro and his sister wanda in Marvel Studio's 2015 Avengers sequel. Both studios have technical rights to use the characters as long as Marvel ignores the mutant background of the characters, but the inclusion of Pietro in the upcoming X-Men film makes you wonder if Wanda will find her way in and if this will affect Whedon's plans for his next Avengers film.

Anybody else seen this? Yay? Nay?

I hope this is as awesome as I think it can be.

I find this interesting, Louis Leterrier director of the 2008 Incredible Hulk film claims he wanted to cast Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner but Marvel shot him down and picked Edward Norton.

No Script:

"I've started movies without screenplays both on "Clash" and on "Hulk" and that is tremendously stressful, because you have a tendency to overcompensate with effects. You haven't tested it in your head. You didn't run it over and over again and covered all of the plot holes and figure it out. It's a marathon that you sprint. "Now You See Me" was longer and it was a great script to start with."

As he points out, once he landed The Incredible Hulk gig and was told the film was set to be released in a year, he was surprised to find out that the Marvel didn't even have a script for him.

Another Incredible Hulk issue that was well-documented, was that Ed Norton and Louis were butting heads on how the film should be cut. According to Louis it's not as bad as the media has made it out to be. In fact the two hung out at the New York premiere of his new film, and Louis gushed about the love that the two have for each other.

So what was the issue on Hulk? Well, Louis says, "It literally was about one scene. It's one scene that still in the movie. It was either the long version of the scene or the short version of the scene. Edward wanted the longer version of the scene and I wanted the shorter version."

Which scene was this?

"It was the psychoanalysis scene. It was a very interesting character scene -- to go back to what we were talking about. It was analysis, going into the dark places of Bruce Banner -- very adult themes. It was a great scene and the scene is on the DVD. But also the start of the movie, something I did, which is Bruce Banner walking to the edge of the world to commit suicide, then the Hulk saves him. And the studio said, "There's no way we are starting this movie with a guy putting a gun into his mouth." Which I understand, but then it was informing who this character was and his relationship with his alter-ego. All of that stuff made it deeper, if you will."

Louis also reveals that Mark Ruffalo was his first choice for Banner, but Marvel, funny enough, fought with that casting choice, and he ended up with Ed Norton instead. Not too shabby.

"When people are asking me, because Mark Ruffalo is in this one, who's the better of the Bruce Banners -- both are great; both are fantastic -- but I actually wanted to cast Mark Ruffalo as Hulk and Marvel was like "No, you should get Edward Norton because he's more famous." So you see what I am saying? They are the ones who wanted Edward -- and I was thrilled to meet him and work with him. I wanted Mark Ruffalo. And they were like, "No, no, he just does smart, intellectual movies." Which makes sense, then and there in his career. But that's I how know him. We've stayed in touch and it's why he said "absolutely" when I offered him the part in this one."

First look of Winter Soldier on the Cap set.

captainamericaday10ee0e.jpg

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/01/doctor-who-star-karen-gillan-joins-marvels-guardians-of-the-galaxy

Hot on the heels of the news that Glenn Close has joined the cast of Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy, THR is reporting that former Doctor Who star, Karen Gillan, has also boarded the project. Director James Gunn is filling out the cast as they gear up for the start of production in the UK in late June.

Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana and Dave Bautista are set to star with Lee Pace and Michael Rooker stepping in as the film's villans. Gillan would reportedly join the latter bunch as Guardians' lead female villainess. Details are scarce on the exact nature of her character, though. The actress is most famous for playing Amy Pond in the 5th through mid 7th season of BBC's Doctor Who.

They've been hiring actors left and right for unknown roles in Guardians of the Galaxy, it is kinda crazy. Also, it appears the Nova Corps will pop up. Nice.

I've got a bad feeling that this is going to be some sort of horrible parody movie. Too many names....

I've got a bad feeling that this is going to be some sort of horrible parody movie. Too many names....

You think thats bad? Bryan Singer is trying to hire every actor ever to appear in some sort of role for Days of Future Past.

X-Men doesn't feature a talking raccoon, so I'm not really worried about that. :nope:

• Upvote 1

Yeah, but most X-Men movies outside of First Class have been kind of mediocre at best. Several were downright trash.

We've got a couple of very interesting bits of Spidey related loveliness for you today. First off -- as I'm sure you've gathered from the image above -- we can 100% confirm that Colm Feore is actually playing Adrian Toomes aka The Vulture in The Amazing Spider-Man 2. And that's not all -- apparently he will join forces with Rhino, Electro and Green Goblin to form the first four members of The Sinister Six, setting them up for the threequel. Who the other two will be is unknown, but it's always possible The Lizard could return as one of them. It also seems that we can forget all that stuff about Norman Osborn not taking up the Green Goblin mantel in the movie! Chris Cooper was spotted on set as Goblin (head in place;) battling Spider-Man, and we're told they'll likely be duking it out in the movie's climax, no doubt leading to the death of Miss Gwen Stacy (Emma Stone). What do you guys make of this huge news? Sound off below.

Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=81197#ZwTg8xCRQ8zB7ZxX.99

If true, this movie is waaay bigger than I thought. Not necesarily a good thing though, could be shoving too many villains down our throats. *cough*Spider-Man3*cough*

So, more detailed review of Man of Steel now that I'm home.

Pros:

-Beautiful visuals and action scenes. Some of the best I've seen, very good stuff.

-I liked Michael Shannon's portrayal of General Zod. Almost to the point where I'd rather he have won, lol.

-Henry Cavill did a good job, I don't think he was the problem with this film.

-Russell Crowe was pretty badass.

Cons:

-Too damn long.

-Too many explosions. What is this, Transformers?

-Amy Adams. I thought she was a horrible Lois Lane and her romance with Supes was just forced because it is Lois Lane and Superman and they have to be together. They never really did anything to show us why this romance clicks, they just kinda shoved it down our throats. Not to mention she doesn't look anything like Lois should IMO.

-The flashbacks. Why couldn't they have just told the story of Clark's relationship with his adopted father right away instead of constantly going back an forth with random flashbacks?

I'd give it about a 6/10. Wasn't straight up trash, but I'm very disappointed. I expected a pretty good movie and was underwhelmed.

About to go see Man of Steel :rockon:

Edited by dutchff7

Wow... Thoroughly disappointed. Will give review in the morning.

Edited by dutchff7

IDK, I personally loved it.

Being that it is a movie about a superhero who's almost a God as long as there's a sun and no kryptonite... There's only so much you can do to make it epic.

I hated Louis Lane, seemingly for the same reason as Mr. Milla presented.

IDK, I personally loved it.

Being that it is a movie about a superhero who's almost a God as long as there's a sun and no kryptonite... There's only so much you can do to make it epic.

I hated Louis Lane, seemingly for the same reason as Mr. Milla presented.

I thought Amy Adams was so bad that her presence alone brought this film down, lol. The rest of the acting was quite good, but it just lacked the quality story I was expecting.

• Upvote 1

Man of Steel review

Huge Spoilers

As I mentioned before, I was thoroughly disappointed. While the action scenes were good and the movie was just simply visually stunning, the story is what killed it for me. The sequence of plots wasn't put together very well and that destroyed it for me. It's nothing wrong with flash backs in my opinion but I just believe they didn't do a good job. Maybe they should have just did it in chronological order. Something just seemed off and I quite can't put my finger on it. They also didn't stick to the roots/history of Superman. I'm going to get this out the way and say that Amy Adams didn't portray a good Lois Lane. She wasn't the same witty and sassy Lois Lane that we are use to seeing. There was no real connection to her character. But to the story, Lois knew Superman's identity from the very beginning BEFORE the world even knew Superman existed. That didn't stick well with me and took the story line off track too much from the original story line for my liking. Clark Kent's identity as a Daily Planet reporter wasn't even established until the end of the movie; with Lois already knowing he was Superman... That just destroyed the entire mystery lure that always comes into play with Lois not knowing Superman's real identity and Clark's struggle of loving Lois and wanting to tell her who he really is but hiding his identity.

Futhermore, Superman wasn't even revealed until Zod invaded the Earth and informed Earth that Superman lived among them... The world didn't even know who Superman was. They weren't aware of his existence. Zod forced Superman's hand to reveal himself to the world which was horribly scripted in my opinion. A part of the theme was suppose to be hope (the main part was creating your own destiny); That's what the "S" stood for. How could the human race get hope from someone they knew nothing about? Superman had no legacy on Earth. They didn't know who he was and what he stood for. When Superman stood between Zods forces and the Military, the humans couldn't get the sense of security, that feeling of hope, that their savior Superman has arrived because they didn't know who the fuck he was. He didn't even have a name at that point... When Superman engaged with Zods forces, the humans treated superman as an equal enemy and was shooting at him as well. He was just another alien lol... When I talk about that sense of security, that sense of hope, go back to Superman Returns. When Superman was gone for those 5 or so years, the people of Earth felt abandoned. Let's go back when he made his return back to the people of Earth and saved that airplane.

While this movie was far from great, this is probably one of the best superman scenes I've seen. Wish they showed about 15 more seconds of this scene... But this video embodies what Superman meant to the people. You can feel the emotion from the people; that sense of hope and happiness that their savior has arrived. Superman is ideally viewed as a guardian angel and that is completely missing from this movie. The fact that Superman had no legacy on Earth and the humans not knowing who Superman was destroyed A LOT of the story.

Well, to finally talk about some good, as I said before, this movie was visually stunning. Great sound effects and all. The acting outside of Lois Lane was good too. Henry Cavill played a good Superman and fit the role. Michael Shannon as Zod was fucking bad ass. He fit the role to perfection; great acting. Michael Shannon's portrayal of Zod was amazing. His acting was so passionate that it helps you get a great understanding of his purpose and why he was so driven to carry out his motives and fulfill his destiny (calling) which made his character so real. And Russell Crowe was simply golden. The best part of the movie was probably the beginning of the movie. I appreciated how they portrayed the story of Krypton before the destruction of the Planet and the backgrounds of Zod and Jor-El. Easily the best part of the movie. Oh yeah and Faora :wub: I don't know what it is about me loving evil women but she is just bad ass. Zod's wife is awesome.

Overall, I'll give it a 6/10. Almost tempted to give it a 5/10 but the acting wasn't bad outside of Amy Adams not fitting Lois Lane and the visuals and sound effects were awesome. The fighting scenes weren't bad but the story line failed big time for me. I'm very disappointed. I have no clue what DC is going to do unless they bring back out Batman or try something new like Flash or Wonder Woman.

Edited by dutchff7

Supposedly one of the satellites seen in a quick scene had a Wayne Industries logo on it. Can't confirm it, but that is interesting if true.