Sign in to follow this  
JetsFan4Life

UEFA Euro 2012

Anyone else pumped for The European Championship kicking off on Friday? I'll be rooting for Poland and Germany!!! Germany has a very realistic shot at winning the thing and I hope they do. :yep:

Here's a schedule for the game times and stations over here...

Link

Finally some quality soccer converstion..

Well,I'm a huge Netherlands fan and I think they have big chances to win it all..

GERMANY! Leggo...out of all the European countries...Germany is a great team to watch and have a good shot of winning this thing. It should be a great tourny..every team has a decent shot of an upset or making it further than they should.

I don't want to see Spain winning it again..

I don't think they will. Aren't they missing a couple players anyway? And someone was telling me there's some mini fights on the team carrying over from club soccer.

Anyways Germany/Portugal soon. Can't wait. Let's go Germany!!!

Germany vs Portugal is going to be one badass game..Can't miss it..

Netherlands lost 1-0 to Denmark.. :facepalm:

Hoping for a good showing by Poland against Russia later! :rock:

Also it was nice to see Ukraine get the win yesterday.

Hoping for a good showing by Poland against Russia later! :rock:

Also it was nice to see Ukraine get the win yesterday.

Shevchenko dominated :yep:

I've been watching just about every game at the bar or with my ass in the pool in sunny Florida :p

I'm rooting for Germany/Italy due to my background and England for Liverpool's players.

Some good football on today. Finally we get a goal from the Polish captain (name too long lol) worthy of the highlight reel! Great back and forth action, too.

Good to see some other football fans though!

My mouth dropped when I saw Cristiano Ronaldo miss that one on one with the goalie.

Cristiano Ronaldo is a bit overrated,IMO..

Netherlands owned by Germany :facepalm:

Cristiano Ronaldo is a bit overrated,IMO..

Netherlands owned by Germany :facepalm:

At least they made it interesting towards the middle of the second half, I thought they would get blown out. Boateng is out for Germany's next game... Which sucks.

And what makes you say he's overrated? Don't really have an opinion, but just wondering.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

At least they made it interesting towards the middle of the second half, I thought they would get blown out. Boateng is out for Germany's next game... Which sucks.

And what makes you say he's overrated? Don't really have an opinion, but just wondering.

Well,the only competition he's really showing his best is the Primera and there aren't many tough defenders that guard him well(apart from Barca's,of course)..When it comes to international competitions(Champions League,Euro Cup,World Cup),his performances aren't very impressive and he doesn't show why he's the most expensive player ever..I know he likes scoring goals and stuff but it usually comes to the point when he neglects his teammates and becomes super-selfish..

Well,the only competition he's really showing his best is the Primera and there aren't many tough defenders that guard him well(apart from Barca's,of course)..When it comes to international competitions(Champions League,Euro Cup,World Cup),his performances aren't very impressive and he doesn't show why he's the most expensive player ever..I know he likes scoring goals and stuff but it usually comes to the point when he neglects his teammates and becomes super-selfish..

I'm definitely on the list of people that believe Messi is better than Ronaldo, but I must disagree with your first argument. Yes, La Liga does have a reputation of not having as quality of football such as the EPL, but in Ronaldo's defense he's proved he can do the same damage in the EPL. Again, I still think Messi is better but I'm just stating that argument is more of a knock against Messi than it is Ronaldo. They're both pretty ineffective when it comes to international football...

I missed both games yesterday due to walking the parks of Disney with my girlfriend. Sounds like there was some good football. Germany's winning the tournament. Mesut Ozil is class (led BBVA in assists on Real Madrid's championship team), Gomez can't stop scoring, Muller and Podolski both turn it up when it comes to international games, Schweiny and Khedira run that defensive midfield, and their D as a whole is pretty solid. Neuer is a monster as well.

I'm definitely on the list of people that believe Messi is better than Ronaldo, but I must disagree with your first argument. Yes, La Liga does have a reputation of not having as quality of football such as the EPL, but in Ronaldo's defense he's proved he can do the same damage in the EPL. Again, I still think Messi is better but I'm just stating that argument is more of a knock against Messi than it is Ronaldo. They're both pretty ineffective when it comes to international football...

I missed both games yesterday due to walking the parks of Disney with my girlfriend. Sounds like there was some good football. Germany's winning the tournament. Mesut Ozil is class (led BBVA in assists on Real Madrid's championship team), Gomez can't stop scoring, Muller and Podolski both turn it up when it comes to international games, Schweiny and Khedira run that defensive midfield, and their D as a whole is pretty solid. Neuer is a monster as well.

Germany wins this thing :bookit:..

Spain looked like the old Spain today. They had their high percentage of possession, passing was deadly, and completely mesmerized Ireland. Poor Irish didn't have a chance lol!

Don't go all crazy over Spain just yet, though. Yeah, they were all those things I just mentioned but let's not forget they were versing the Irish - the same team who got beat by Croatia. Ireland just simply wasn't good enough this tourney and that's why I'm not ready to declare Spain is back to that breathtaking football just yet.

Italy's "get a goal and sit back" strategy came back to bite them in the ass, unfortunately.

Actually,when he played for Man United he wasn't that overrrated,he played the game like it's supposed to be played and they beat the shit out of every team they faced..That's why they won Champions League a couple of times and EPL many years in a row..But when he got transferred to Real Madrid,there was so much hype about him,they expected too much and he's been choking in Champions League ever since..

What a goal by Danny Welbeck for England's first victory..

Actually,when he played for Man United he wasn't that overrrated,he played the game like it's supposed to be played and they beat the shit out of every team they faced..That's why they won Champions League a couple of times and EPL many years in a row..But when he got transferred to Real Madrid,there was so much hype about him,they expected too much and he's been choking in Champions League ever since..

I never said he was overrated lol...

Netherlands' defense was horrid yesterday. No organization whatsoever and Portugal should have beaten them by a lot more if they actually capitalized on their chances.

By the way, we haven't discussed any of these beautiful European women yet. O_O My personal favorite...

tumblr_m5l1x6c20Y1qbdeelo1_500.jpg