Sign in to follow this  
butta54

Classiest Move I've Seen Recently

Steve Nash is now an L.A. Laker!! Yes we all have heard the news by now that the Phoenix Suns have agreed to a sign and trade deal that will send Nash to the Lakers in exchange for two future first round picks and two future second round picks. With the NBA fully into the "LeBron no loyalty leave and form a super team" era and all the craziness that generally surrounds an off-season for any major sport. I think was very refreshing to stop and look at what a classy move the Suns did by allowing Nash to leave.

Every report you have heard about Nash expressed how well respected and loyal he was around the Sun's organization and how much they respected him back. I've even heard Phoenix fans talk about how they would rather him leave to go chase a title then finish out in Phoenix. Now it is easy to talk about all the love and respect and great feelings for a player when things first start out, but in the middle of this situation you can very easily end up in a LeBron James situation (Or Dwight Howard, or Joe Johnson, or Deron Williams, or CP3....etc) But true to their word the Suns allowed Nash to come in and ask very respectfully to be traded to the L.A. Lakers in order to stay close to his kids. And Nash wanted to sit down and make sure the Suns got a deal that would provide assets to their organization and will help them move forward.

At the end of the day the Suns pulled off the deal after being hesitant at first. Now will four Laker draft picks be worth it in the end? Who knows? But we can all suspect the picks weren't the reason they pulled the trade. He kept quiet the whole time and played as hard as he could and when the time came the organization actually did what was best for him and not their team....now that's classy.

Edited by butta55

Steve Nash is a classy player. So of course i could see why it went down the way it did. Hell yes any time u get four picks for ONE player its a good trade. They get 4 young picks for a old at the end of their career player. Sure hes a great PG but hes old. The value for the future for what he leaves now is equal imo. Glad to have him now we have to add some more peices and i think we finals bound.

-Four picks from the Lakers who we all assume will be winning meaning their picks won't be worth that much when it is time to use them.

-I assume everyone on here knows how to read, but I'll clean it up to help some of you guys out.

• Upvote 1

-Four picks from the Lakers who we all assume will be winning meaning their picks won't be worth that much when it is time to use them.

-I assume everyone on here knows how to read, but I'll clean it up to help some of you guys out.

Those picks can be used for trades. If they wanted to make a trade they have the flexibility to do that during the season if they need to make a trade. Doesnt mean they will keep the picks. Even so if u scout correctly you should make that pick count.

Those picks can be used for trades. If they wanted to make a trade they have the flexibility to do that during the season if they need to make a trade. Doesnt mean they will keep the picks. Even so if u scout correctly you should make that pick count.

Oh yes I agree that there is value as far as trade bait, and the draft is always a gamble when picking outside of the lottery. But overall I think we understand the deal wasn't that equal and the Suns took the bigger hit in this deal on behalf of Nash

Oh yes I agree that there is value as far as trade bait, and the draft is always a gamble when picking outside of the lottery. But overall I think we understand the deal wasn't that equal and the Suns took the bigger hit in this deal on behalf of Nash

I would say they took the lesser part of the trade yes, but value wasnt THAT off imo.