Sign in to follow this  
Omerta

The best college team Ever.

It is a constant argument between me and some friends. I say the 01 Canes but I am biased as they are my favorite. Another guys says the 04 Trojans but he is from Cali so he is biased. And I live in the midwest so it is either any K-state team (yeah we dont take it seriously) or the 95 huskers who could make a case.

The criteria is simple if they played each other who wins ?

Again I say the 01 canes. That team was stacked everywhere but QB. and by far one of the most talented RB stables ever.

And well the defense was just stupid.

Who are some people you think could make a legit argument.

Most times I've looked into this or talked to some serious CFB fans they say the '71 Huskers. Their numbers are pretty crazy: 39 points per game while only allowing 8.2 a game. They also had one of the greatest kick/punt returners of all time in Johnny Rodgers.

Now, if were talking about teams I've witnessed myself, I'd say the 2001 Canes. That team was just incredible. I think their average margin of victory was 30? Thats sick. They had an incredible rushing attack with a fast defense. Oh man, I loved that team. Oh yeah and they produced like 2-3 dozen 1-2nd round players from that team alone.

I'd give them my nod.

The '01 Canes are disqualified due to recruiting violations and improper benefits. :troll:

Okay, in all seriousness, the greatest college football team I ever saw was probably those Hurricanes. As for the greatest of all-time, I'll also say the Cornhuskers--of 1995. Their offense was unstoppable, averaging over 50 points per game. They played four top 10 teams over the course of the year and their smallest margin of victory was 23. And they capped off their season by eviscerating 2nd-ranked Florida 62-24 in the Fiesta Bowl. Domination.

Edited by SteVo

Please, stop the love for the Huskers. Someone here is going to hear you.

No shit right. If I hear about Eric crouch being the greatest option QB ever again I am going to strangle a motherfucker. This midwest thing has been a culture shock.