Sign in to follow this  
CribbsForTheWin

Who to keep?

OK, I pretty easily won my big money league last year in the inaugural year, but here is when it starts getting interesting. I will likely have one of the last picks, but order is not set because we are going to be able to pick our draft position based on last years finishes, so I am assuming in the 6-11 range in a 12 man league (I feel pick 12 will not be my pick since it is back to back, more realistically probably 9 or 10 will be my pick).

Anywho... I got a couple of viable keeper options IMO, and you lose the round they were originally drafted in.

I got: PPR League

Ryan Matthews - Round 4 - One of the tier 1 RBs, will be a solid first rounder IMO. I am a big fan of getting top RBs for my team and I could essentially net 2 first rounders.

Matthew Stafford - Round 11 - Gonna be on of the top QBs taken this year. Top 3 round pick. I dont like taking QBs very early, so this would work out great for me. I would not be losing a very important pick either, so a ton of value to be gained.

I also grabbed Aaron Hernandez in round 13, right before Gronk ("F" me right?), but he was the third highest scoring TE last season, albeit inconsistent.

I'm gaining value with both Stafford and Matthews. I am gaining more value in Stafford though.

Definitely leaning toward Stafford, and we have a ways to the draft, but just thought I would see what your guys opinion was on this. What sucks is that both have injury concerns too, so I cant use that as a part of my equation.

How many do you get to keep? Only one? Two? Three? If you are allowed, keep them all.

Here's what you do if its only one: Pass on Ryan Mathews and go Matt Stafford. It's a team that doesn't run the ball and is pretty iffy defensively. Stafford will be having pretty much an identical season to the one he had last year and you'll not be able to get a guy like him past round 3. Rather than reach on Brees or Brady in the 2nd or 3rd, just toss away your 11th and go with Stafford. With two late first round picks, you'll easily be able to get 2 top running backs. Matt Forte, Chris Johnson, Jamaal Charles, Adrian Peterson, Maurice Jones Drew. Should be no problem to get two of those guys as your first two picks.

Edited by BC

I'd keep Stafford as,like BC said,you can take a good RB(Charles,Peterson etc) in the late first or early second..

How many do you get to keep? Only one? Two? Three? If you are allowed, keep them all.

Here's what you do if its only one: Pass on Ryan Mathews and go Matt Stafford. It's a team that doesn't run the ball and is pretty iffy defensively. Stafford will be having pretty much an identical season to the one he had last year and you'll not be able to get a guy like him past round 3. Rather than reach on Brees or Brady in the 2nd or 3rd, just toss away your 11th and go with Stafford. With two late first round picks, you'll easily be able to get 2 top running backs. Matt Forte, Chris Johnson, Jamaal Charles, Adrian Peterson, Maurice Jones Drew. Should be no problem to get two of those guys as your first two picks.

It's just one. And I just did a free draft to see where everyone was sitting the other day. I got CJ2K and AP in the first two rounds. 90% chance its Stafford, we will wait till draft in case anyone gets hurt. If push comes to shove and both of them get hurt, I will keep like Mike Wallace in the 3rd or just keep Ray Rice for my first.

Stafford in the 11th is obscene value, he'll probably go in the first round in a lot of leagues this year, you've gotta go with that