Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

The Mystery of Barack Obama

Guest Phailadelphia

This is ridiculous. You're linking to an article that doesn't grant access to a single legitimate source (or even a source period). There's a severe lack of credibility to the article, the author, and the website on which it's published. Nevermind that the website is uncivilized crazy talk. Literally every article is unfounded nonsense.

And more to the point, 4 years later we're still on this birtherism bullshit? GOOD. FUCKING. GRIEF.

Every article is written with the same intent, it has nothing to do with whether I like the articles. But the whole site is based off of making Obama look bad. Provide me with REAL sources, not this website, and I'll look into it.... that's all I'm saying. You're not reading what I'm saying at all. That website is terrible.

You quoting an article from that website would be like me posting a topic saying "God hates America" then citing the Westboro Baptist Church's website. Anybody can make up statistics and facts, it's not that hard. But give me a legitimate source. That's all I'm saying, I'm not telling you you're wrong, just to give me a legit source.

orson20clapping.gif

So you are saying the article is not legit because the site has other articles that you do not find kosher? That is some of the most ignorant logic ever. If you can point out that the article itself is complete fabrication with no basis in reality whatsoever, so be it... But to deny it's legitimacy based on other articles on the same website is ridiculous

That's the thing though. It's not his job to point out the inaccuracies or fabricated information. If you have a legitimate story of this kind, you cite sources within or document them at the end of the article. That's real journalism. That the author refused to do so, and apparently doesn't do this in any of his articles, speaks to how absurd the "facts" are and why they shouldn't be taken seriously. This is not real journalism.

Edited by Phailadelphia
  • Upvote 1

It still blows my god doubting fucking mind that this shit has not died yet. It has been almost FOUR FUCKING years, give it up, already.

I am not going to let people access my college transcripts, medical records or birth certificate for any reason. It is my right, just as it is for every single American.

I've said it before and I will say it again: just because he chooses not to release his birth certificate does NOT mean he isn't legal. If there were definitive proof that he wasn't a US citizen, why hasn't it been found? Nobody can keep everything about themselves a secret, especially someone as public as the President that has had thousands, if not MILLIONS of people trying to take him down. No amount of money can make someone not exist.

Why? Include in your answer why someone who is born in Canada and moves to American when they are 1 year old isn't qualified.

First and most importantly understand I am not prejudiced.

I think that the chance for conflict in interests would be a bit more likely if it were the case. Even in your example if it was a 1 year old and it was all he had ever known you are going to hear about how great the country is where you are from and how things in this country should be more like it. I have experienced this as my grandfather and mother were straight off the boat irish immigrants, as was my mother and my father was born in the states. We still here stories of what it was like and how good their lives were in tiperrary. Which always prompted me to as then why did you move, which would launch into a ling tirade about religion and blah blah blah. Basically what it boiled down to was that they believed freedom should be for EVERYBODY and not just those who were selected based upon some pre-existing set of principles that was thought of by someone who had all the power at the time.

That also being said that if my grandfather could be allies with any one nation there is little doubt in my mind which it would be and which country would get preferential treatment. The preferential treatment could also be a disastrous detriment because of how finicky the global climate is. Much liek what we ahve with Israel. not in the fact that there is a president who is Israeli but how they get our constant support which has really escalated the likelihood for conflicts in the middle east as being evidenced right now.

And from my own perspective of being a soldier. If an someone is going to send me over to another country for the interest of America (or so they tell us) then I would want that guy to be a fellow countrymen. And this is not to say that I hold people from different countries in a lesser esteem because I have fought beside many british and australian troops who were damn good soldiers. I just think that the president should grow up eating, breathing, and sleeping the Red, White, and Blue. Again nothing against anybody just peronsal preference and opinion.

That and how well would it work if an American wanted to be prime minister or president of another country. You cant tell me that there is only a one way bias against the idea.

Other countries don't have that restriction. If people think someone is going to be biased towards a country, he won't be elected. Its not like his place of birth won't be known.

Other countries don't have that restriction. If people think someone is going to be biased towards a country, he won't be elected. Its not like his place of birth won't be known.

Ok but it does not have to be written to be a restriction. It is mainly cultural.

So you agree with me.