Romo

English Premier League Score Predictor Game & Discussion

Thought we this could be a decent little game for us to play for the coming season and a place for us to discuss the games etc, etc try and liven this place up abit.

Rules are:

* You have until 5 minutes before kick off to make your predictions

* 0 Points for not correctly predicting the game

* 1 Point for correctly predicting the game

* 3 points for correctly predicting the game and the score

anybody can play you make your predictions.

Premier League Games Week 2:

Wednesday 22nd August

Chelsea v Reading - Game rescheduled because of Chelsea's participation in UEFA Super Cup

Saturday 25th August:

Swansea v West Ham

Aston Villa v Everton

Man Utd v Fulham

Norwich v QPR

Southampton v Wigan

Sunderland v Reading

Tottenham v West Brom

Chelsea v Newcastle

Sunday 26th August:

Stoke City v Arsenal

Liverpool v Man City

Predictor Template (please use)

ENTER SCORE INTO BOLDED CODE

Chelsea [b] [/b] v Reading [b] [/b]
Swansea [b] [/b] v West Ham [b] [/b]
Aston Villa [b] [/b] v Everton [b] [/b]
Man Utd [b] [/b] v Fulham [b] [/b]
Norwich [b] [/b] v QPR [b] [/b]
Southampton [b] [/b] v Wigan [b] [/b]
Sunderland [b] [/b] v Reading [b] [/b]
Tottenham [b] [/b] v West Brom [b] [/b]
Chelsea [b] [/b] v Newcastle [b] [/b]
Stoke City [b] [/b] v Arsenal [b] [/b]
Liverpool [b] [/b] v Man City [b] [/b]

I hope you can play, even if its only 3 or 4 of us playing.

Edited by Romo

Arsenal 2 - Sunderland 2

Fulham 1 - Norwich 0

QPR 2 - Swansea 1

Reading 0 - Stoke City 2

West Brom 0 - Liverpool 2

West Ham 2 - Aston Villa 3

Newcastle 0 - Tottenham 2

Wigan 0 - Chelsea 3

Manchester City 3 - Southampton 0

Everton 1 - Manchester United 3

LMAO completely forgot to do mine :p I'll do the sunday/monday picks now :p

Wigan (0) v Chelsea (4)

Manchester City (6) v Southampton (0)

Everton (2) v Manchester United (4)

Liverpool's performance was very embarassing :facepalm:

Swansea fans must have been wetting themselves, Brendon leaves um and then they go and stuff QPR 5-0 :p and then to top it off Liverpool lose 3-0

Lets go MANU! I'll be watching tomorrow and drooling all over myself while Van Persie destroys everybody.

I'm loving all this EPL talk on here lately. :p

I'm sure a lot of you know but just to state for the new guy I am a Liverpool fan.

Thought the 3-0 scoreline was harsh. We played well in the first half and just fell apart in the second. It didn't tell the whole tale of the game but this is footy...same problem occurred as last season though: finishing. Suarez is a class player and will make something out of nothing, but he's just not a good finisher. Hopefully Borini can be that striker we need but from first judgement probably not. :/

I was able to watch a few other games this weekend. Newcastle vs Tottenham was a good contest. Both teams looked pretty good and could be challenging for a Top Four spot. Gotta get HBA into my fantasy team...looks like he may be in for a great season.

Man City tried to pick up all the drama they left at the end of last season and almost matched it. Both teams had a lot of chances and the second half was wide open for a lot of it. Rickie Lambert may be a name to keep an eye on...hope Aguero is okay as well.

Thoughts on the game today? hate both these teams naturally so I'm rooting for a 0-0 draw with players getting injured.

Swansea fans must have been wetting themselves, Brendon leaves um and then they go and stuff QPR 5-0 :p and then to top it off Liverpool lose 3-0

In the end we'll be a lot better off than Swansea.

(I hope lol)

Lets go MANU! I'll be watching tomorrow and drooling all over myself while Van Persie destroys everybody.

That's quite the partnership Manc scum now have. I won't be able to watch the game but I'm interested to see if he'll hit the ground running or need some time to gel into the team. I'm hoping for the latter, but he'll probably grab a brace tonight lol.

I'm loving all this EPL talk on here lately. :p

I'm sure a lot of you know but just to state for the new guy I am a Liverpool fan.

Thought the 3-0 scoreline was harsh. We played well in the first half and just fell apart in the second. It didn't tell the whole tale of the game but this is footy...same problem occurred as last season though: finishing. Suarez is a class player and will make something out of nothing, but he's just not a good finisher. Hopefully Borini can be that striker we need but from first judgement probably not. :/

I was able to watch a few other games this weekend. Newcastle vs Tottenham was a good contest. Both teams looked pretty good and could be challenging for a Top Four spot. Gotta get HBA into my fantasy team...looks like he may be in for a great season.

Man City tried to pick up all the drama they left at the end of last season and almost matched it. Both teams had a lot of chances and the second half was wide open for a lot of it. Rickie Lambert may be a name to keep an eye on...hope Aguero is okay as well.

Thoughts on the game today? hate both these teams naturally so I'm rooting for a 0-0 draw with players getting injured.

This newbie Borini can become a very good striker if Suarez has a great impact on him..I think they could become the next great duo in the EPL if Suarez starts scoring..I hate his finishing problem as a class player like him can't afford to miss all those chances..

I watched Wigan vs Chelsea game yesterday and after first twenty minutes I thought Chelsea was going to rape them so hard..I was slightly bored after Chelsea's second goal as there were only a few chances till the end of the match..

I'll stick with my prediction for today's game,3-1 for United but like you,I hope it ends 0-0 lol..

Edited by housemd

In the end we'll be a lot better off than Swansea.

(I hope lol)

I'll eat my keyboard if Swansea ends the season better than us.. :bookit:

This newbie Borini can become a very good striker if Suarez has a great impact on him..I think they could become the next great duo in the EPL if Suarez starts scoring..I hate his finishing problem as a class player like him can't afford to miss all those chances..

I watched Wigan vs Chelsea game yesterday and after first twenty minutes I thought Chelsea was going to rape them so hard..I was slightly bored after Chelsea's second goal as there were only a few chances till the end of the match..

I'll stick with my prediction for today's game,3-1 for United but like you,I hope it ends 0-0 lol..

Sounds like a typical Chelsea game. :p

Huh, I never knew you were a fellow Liverpool fan. Great to know! What'd you think of Joe Allen? I think he'll be a key player for us this campaign. He pulls the strings in this formation and while he won't play that deadly long ball, he'll make all the right short passes and act as the conductor. I like him.

Another thing to add to Swansea's result yesterday: No disrespect to the current manager, but I'm sure all the work BR did for them in the past definitely made things a bit easier for him this season.

Sounds like a typical Chelsea game. :p

Huh, I never knew you were a fellow Liverpool fan. Great to know! What'd you think of Joe Allen? I think he'll be a key player for us this campaign. He pulls the strings in this formation and while he won't play that deadly long ball, he'll make all the right short passes and act as the conductor. I like him.

Another thing to add to Swansea's result yesterday: No disrespect to the current manager, but I'm sure all the work BR did for them in the past definitely made things a bit easier for him this season.

Well I hope he is worth every penny of those 15 million we payed for him..He'll be a key player for creating scoring opportunities for Borini and Suarez..I've always liked Xavi and Iniesta type of midfielders that use their precise short passes to create some great chances..

BR made a "little Barcelona" in Swansea and now they use the same type of game play,with frequent short passes and very small amount of long balls during the game..They were a pleasure to watch last season and they were fan favorites all across England..Their new manager will do his job a lot easier now but he'll have to keep up with game tactics BR used..

Personally I think RVP is highly over rated. He's had one decent season in an Arsenal spell filled with injuries and I don't see Rooney & RVP working well together, both will want to be the centre of attention and the main man, eventually they'll collide.

I feel had for Hernandez in all this, he's now fourth choice striker in a club where arguably he's a better finisher then all of them.

Finally got round to watching the highlights of the games.

Southampton look like they'll be the dark horse team, this years Swansea is you like, Lambert will be a massive player for them he'll score plenty of goals in similar fashion to Grant Holt.

Tottenham need to get rid of Modric now as they truely needed the money to 1. Get a new goalkeeper, friedel is good but not as good as he used to be, the guys 42 years old, they need a new young fresh keeper and have friedel tutor him. They need a target man striker like Fernando Llorente, they've got two of the fastest wingers in world football and yet they've got no target to hit in the middle.

City fans need to pray that Aguero isn't out for long luckily if his tweet is anything to go by, it should be weeks not months

@aguerosergiokun - The studies I had done revealed there's no significant injury but it was a very tough hit to my knee.

Swansea look good but I mean Bolton beat QPR 4-0 last season and look where that got us...

Truely hope QPR go down...

Arsenal are screwed, Giroud and Poldolski are average at best strikers they've just lost Song to Barca and eventually Walcott will see the light and go off elsewhere.

Newcastle looked good, HBA if they can keep him happy he'll be world class but the problem is if a big club comes in for him, his ego takes over and he'll be off.

Personally I think RVP is highly over rated. He's had one decent season in an Arsenal spell filled with injuries and I don't see Rooney & RVP working well together, both will want to be the centre of attention and the main man, eventually they'll collide.

I feel had for Hernandez in all this, he's now fourth choice striker in a club where arguably he's a better finisher then all of them.

Tottenham need to get rid of Modric now as they truely needed the money to 1. Get a new goalkeeper, friedel is good but not as good as he used to be, the guys 42 years old, they need a new young fresh keeper and have friedel tutor him. They need a target man striker like Fernando Llorente, they've got two of the fastest wingers in world football and yet they've got no target to hit in the middle.

I like Robin Van Persie as a player,I think he was the focal point of Arsenal's offense last season and not being the same thing in Manchester is going to bother him so much..When he sees the amount of great offensive weapons ManU has,he won't show those quality performances he's shown in North London..I agree with you on Hernandez,I think he's extremely underrated and doesn't get much attention for what he does for them..Ferguson needs to use him a lot this season or he'll find another club in January where he can play the amount of minutes he deserves..

Tottenham was offered,I might be wrong,over 40 million pounds for Modric by Real Madrid..And they refused it..Dumbasses..They could've got two great strikers for that amount of money and now they could get into major problems with their offense..

I like Robin Van Persie as a player,I think he was the focal point of Arsenal's offense last season and not being the same thing in Manchester is going to bother him so much..When he sees the amount of great offensive weapons ManU has,he won't show those quality performances he's shown in North London..I agree with you on Hernandez,I think he's extremely underrated and doesn't get much attention for what he does for them..Ferguson needs to use him a lot this season or he'll find another club in January where he can play the amount of minutes he deserves..

Yup RVP was always a good player in an average team, I mean don't get me wrong Arsenal were great but all their big names went to the big clubs and then all it took was RVP to be the only one who scored goals and then he gets hailed a god.

Totally agree I've been a fan of Hernandez for a long time and theres not many better then him when you put him inside that penalty area! depending on the Torres situation (if he plays well or not) then Chelsea could be a team who may be interested in him!

Tottenham was offered,I might be wrong,over 40 million pounds for Modric by Real Madrid..And they refused it..Dumbasses..They could've got two great strikers for that amount of money and now they could get into major problems with their offense..

Completely the whole Modric to Madrid has gone crazy, Spurs screwed up, they rejected £40million expecting Madrid to go higher but when they refused and just went lower they backed themselves into a corner!

Yup RVP was always a good player in an average team, I mean don't get me wrong Arsenal were great but all their big names went to the big clubs and then all it took was RVP to be the only one who scored goals and then he gets hailed a god.

Totally agree I've been a fan of Hernandez for a long time and theres not many better then him when you put him inside that penalty area! depending on the Torres situation (if he plays well or not) then Chelsea could be a team who may be interested in him!

Completely the whole Modric to Madrid has gone crazy, Spurs screwed up, they rejected £40million expecting Madrid to go higher but when they refused and just went lower they backed themselves into a corner!

I don't think Chelsea will be interested in Hernandez..I think they'll stick with their overpaid striker who doesn't always score but when he does, he becomes the hero of the nation(the most interesting man in the world lol)..I could see them going with 4-2-3-1 formation since Juan Mata can really play well behind the strikers..

I don't think Chelsea will be interested in Hernandez..I think they'll stick with their overpaid striker who doesn't always score but when he does, he becomes the hero of the nation(the most interesting man in the world lol)..I could see them going with 4-2-3-1 formation since Juan Mata can really play well behind the strikers..

Yeah I really do hope Torres does well though, admittedly i'm a fan of his!

once they get all the team fit and ready Chelsea could do alot of damage and if Torres can get going he'll get 20-30 goals!

4-2-3-1 would be the best bet with the players they have Hazard & Marin out wide with Mata in the middle and then just let them switch round and find the space!

When everyone is healthy, I'm expecting this as Chelsea' lineup:

-------------Torres-----------

Mata------Oscar--------Hazard

--------Lampard---Ramires

Mikel can switch in and out for the CDM position whoever it may be.

Yes, it will certainly be interesting to see how much playing time Chicharito gets over these next few months if RVP and Rooney stay healthy.

Yeah I really do hope Torres does well though, admittedly i'm a fan of his!

once they get all the team fit and ready Chelsea could do alot of damage and if Torres can get going he'll get 20-30 goals!

4-2-3-1 would be the best bet with the players they have Hazard & Marin out wide with Mata in the middle and then just let them switch round and find the space!

Torres won't score 20-30 goals,no way..Mav's formation is the one I was thinking of,but I'm sure Marin will get his chance during the season..

Torres won't score 20-30 goals,no way..Mav's formation is the one I was thinking of,but I'm sure Marin will get his chance during the season..

yeah. no way torres is scoring 20-30 goals.

His peak was with the Reds. He had Stevie G feeding him goals and our style was to compliment his personal style. Chelsea don't have that right now.

His only hope lies with Hazard...

yeah. no way torres is scoring 20-30 goals.

His peak was with the Reds. He had Stevie G feeding him goals and our style was to compliment his personal style. Chelsea don't have that right now.

His only hope lies with Hazard...

Like I said before,I think Mata will make some good scoring opportunities but Eden Hazard should easily become the next Frank Lampard,a great team leader..I watched him play on couple occasions and the guy is very very talented..I'll be following him this season,just like Joe Allen..

Just watch, Theres a reason I've put Torres in my dream team :p he'll go goals galore at Chelsea :p

the formation that Mav put is the one i'm expecting aswell until they play a team that is better then them and then they'll go

Cech

Ivanovic_terry-luiz-cahill-cole

lampard-ramieres-essien-mikel

torres

Just watch, Theres a reason I've put Torres in my dream team :p he'll go goals galore at Chelsea :p

the formation that Mav put is the one i'm expecting aswell until they play a team that is better then them and then they'll go

Cech

Ivanovic_terry-luiz-cahill-cole

lampard-ramieres-essien-mikel

torres

No way,they won't put Essien and Mikel over Mata and Hazard..

Also,the first half of Everton v Manchester United game was very interesting..No goals but a lot of chances and a lot of excitement,especially in front of ManU's goal..De Gea is a beast,if he wasn't a great goalkeeper it would have been 3-0 Everton..

Apparently Robin Van Persie made his debut for United tonight... I watched the entire game and I didn't see him... but I did notice Jagielka and Distin's pockets looking mightily full

Arsenal 2 - Sunderland 2

Fulham 1 - Norwich 0

QPR 2 - Swansea 1

Reading 0 - Stoke City 2

West Brom 0 - Liverpool 2

West Ham 2 - Aston Villa 3

Newcastle 0 - Tottenham 2

Wigan 0 - Chelsea 3

Manchester City 3 - Southampton 0

Everton 1 - Manchester United 3

I got four games right..Nice..

Marouane Fellaini surprised Man United with his second half goal..RVP returns to Manchester sad n mad after his debut lol..