Sign in to follow this  
rzb

Top10's

I'm curious to see how much it changes throughout the season so I'm starting week 1.

1. Alabama: Undisputed, hands down, the best team in the nation. They were the prime time game and came out like there's no such thing as an NFL draft or an offseason. Michigan was a true test for them, much more than what many other programs can say during the opening week.

2. LSU: The Tigers were pretty quiet with their season opening win. Probably the most silent from the entire Top 10 but still, they were impressive and the defense looks like the usual LSU; tough. I suppose we'll see when they go to Auburn.

2. USC: The Trojans threw the ball as they pleased but only rushed 9 times. I suppose I'll believe the hype for now and put them tied for second. Unfortunately, I feel like I have to wait until they face Oregon to see if they're real or just ESPN's pet project.

4. Florida State: Yes, the Seminoles are that good. They were balanced across the board and did not allow their opponent into the endzone, at all. That's the definition of a good team so they get the respect. Their game against Clemson will show what they're made of; talent.

5. Oregon: Not only did the Ducks come out in some good-looking uniforms, they also performed some great plays. Their defense was pretty weak but I know they put in substitutes pretty early. Like USC, I don't feel like I will see their true colors until they face off.

6. Georgia: The Dawgs are looking like they may be able to hang with the big boys. It did seem as if they were all individual performances instead of teamwork. Bad news is they face a new SEC foe at Missouri.

7. West Virginia: Geno Smith carried this team with 300+ yards. While other QBs did too, none are on such short-ended teams like this guy. He is their team and unlike Denard at Michigan, he delivered. Their first year in the Big12 will be the true test. Every game is a challenge.

8. Arkansas: My Hogs started off pretty rocky but when they found the flow, they coasted with it. Tyler Wilson is becoming a more known name and the word Heisman was been whispered around it. The defense (especially the secondary) is the weakness. Alabama will definitely be the first true test.

9. Oklahoma: Boomer Sooner had a rocky start to their game as well but never really got into rhythm. Since it is just week 1, I figured they should still be in the Top10 but if it continues, they'll fall fast. Their game against Kansas State separates the men from the boys.

10. Michigan State: They didn't put up the score but they definitely had the numbers; passing and rushing. Not only that but they posterized Boise State with more than just the hurdle. Strange to say, their game against Notre Dame will tell if they're serious about contending this year.

FSU lost Brandon Jenkins for the year. I'm hoping it won't affect our defense too much but then again he is the best player on a unit that basically works off their defensive line.

Quoting myself from SJ, where we do a top 15 poll:

What a tough week overall. So many "good" teams struggled against extremely inferior opponents. It's hard to judge if that's just because of the first week or if it's telling to how their season will unfold.

My poll:

1. Alabama

2. USC Trojans

3. Oregon

4. LSU

5. Florida State

6. Georgia

7. Oklahoma

8. Arkansas

9. West Virginia

10. Clemson

11. Michigan State

12. Ohio State

13. Oklahoma State

14. USC Gamecocks

15. Nebraska

1. Alabama - lol @ everyone and their mother that bet Michigan +14

2. USC - Still Kiffin'

3. LSU - Mettenberger damn near died when he got blown the fuck up by a UNT player. Stay safe, Zach.

4. West Virginia - AY GENOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

5. Oregon - Marcus Mariota > lmaoDarronThomas

6. Georgia - Not sure how Buffalo dropped 20+ on them, though. o_O

7. FSU - am I ready to jump on the FSU hype train just yet? Dunno, don't think so.

8. Arkansas - Pigs.

9. Michigan State - mhm.

10. Clemson. - Yep.

1. Alabama

2. USC

3. LSU

4. FSU

5. Oregon

6. Georgia

7. West Virginia

8. Arkansas

9. Oklahoma

10. Michigan State

This one is going to hurt, for obvious reasons.. but here we go.

1. Alabama: They had their warm up game before Arkansas this week. Difference is that they handled business as teams in the Top10 should. GameDay was eyeing a visit to Fayetteville, now they go to Knoxville so they don't have to witness the slaughter in person.

2. LSU: The Tigers continue on quietly. I felt their win was more impressive than USC so to break the tie I had for them last week, the Bayou Bengals get the nod. They have yet another out-of-conference game that they should yet again quietly win big.

3. USC: The Trojans didn't really take off like I believed they would. They are still a more pass-happy team so maybe, just maybe.. Stanford can shut them down and squeeze out a W at home.

4. Florida State: The Noles won big against their second preseason opponent. They have allowed only three points in two games. With ACC play beginning for them this weekend, I'm ready to see how truly shutdown their D is. I hope they don't disappoint.

5. Oregon: The Ducks continue to be an offense-first team. Their defense is letting lower-tier teams get too many points in my opinion. I wouldn't be surprised if they get upset this season, but it won't be in their next matchup against Tennessee Tech.

6. Georgia: UGA proved that they are still the favorite in the SEC East. Mizzou couldn't handle the Dawgs heavy D in the second half. They get a cupcake for dessert this week before hitting the SEC schedule hard.

7. West Virginia: The Neers had a bye week.. in week 2. Uh, that's all I got.

8. Oklahoma: (+1) The Sooners blew up the scoreboard as they should. K State next week should show which of the two previous games is the real OU team. They need to find their groove quick because heavy conference play follows.

9. Michigan State: (+1) They had this week to tune up their schemes for Notre Dame this week. If they can handle the Irish as they should, they get two weeks to plan for Ohio State.. which could be the biggest games in the Big 10 when it comes to determining conference winners.

10. Clemson: (+1) The Tigers did the job again this week. They get one more week to finalize strategies because the game against Florida State is definitely detrimental to their high hopes. If GameDay doesn't go to Tallahassee, the entire thing is rigged.

On-deck: Virginia Tech, Ohio State, Kansas State

My rankings aren't very different form last week's,Arkansas is out and Clemson is in..

1. Alabama

2. USC

3. LSU

4. FSU

5. Oregon

6. Georgia

7. West Virginia

8. Oklahoma

9. Michigan State

10. Clemson

On deck: Ohio State

Michigan State almost got shut out by Fighting Irish,USC upset by Stanford so my list changes a little bit..

1. Alabama

2. LSU

3. FSU

4. West Virginia

5. Oregon

6. USC

7. Georgia

8. Clemson

9. Oklahoma

10. The Ohio State

Week 3.. the time for movers and shakers..

1. Alabama: Ugh. They did whatever they wanted to my Pigs. It was hurtful. FAU next week.

2. LSU: Yet again, the Tigers stay silent in their win. Next week is against Auburn, who isn't the strongest in the conference by any means.. but anything happens in the SEC. With GameDay joining the party, it's time for LSU to get their limelight.

3. Florida State: (+1) Noles move up more due to USC losing than the spanking they gave Wake Forest. They'll be able to prove their worth next week against Clemson though. Honestly any team could get the W but if I was a betting man, I'd go Florida State.

4. Oregon: (+1) Another cupcake win for the Ducks. They finally start conference play now, against.. Arizona. Maybe the upset happens early? Not really sure but outside of the uniforms of Oregon, I should be quiet about Oregon.

5. Georgia: (+1) The Dawgs seemed like they didn't want to win their game this week for a little bit. They have Vandy this week, who like usual are threatening but beatable. I'd say Georgia is the favorite to win the SEC East.

6. West Virginia: (+1) After their bye week, the Neers faced up against bulldogs wearing crowns. They handled business and have Maryland next week. Should be an interesting game as the Terps don't simply lay down. WVU may end up winning the entire conference, but I wait for the choke.

7. Oklahoma: (+1) Early bye weeks suck. Kansas State next.

8. Ohio State: (+3) The Buckeyes had a little trouble with Cal but all in all, they had the series they needed to put it to rest. They showed buckets of talent with their cuts, passes, and overall determination. Urban Meyer has definitely gotten this team to buy into his plan.

9. Clemson: The Tigers weren't very impressive in their win but they'll be able to show what they're made up next week. If they get the W, they shoot way up the list in my opinion. Easily Top 5.

10. Virginia Tech: (+1) Another ACC team, why not. VA Tech has a pretty simple schedule so if they can cross their T's and dot their I's, they should do fine.

On-deck: Kansas State, Florida, Texas

1. Alabama

2. LSU

3. Oregon

4. FSU

5. Georgia

6. West Virginia

7. South Carolina

8. Notre Dame

9. Kansas State

10. Florida

Week 4.. still shaking like a salt shaker..

1. Alabama: Duh.

2. Florida State (+1): Over time, the Noles just broke down Clemson's D and lit up the board with great plays. They face USF next week so expect more domination being handed out by them.

3. LSU (-1): LSU struggled pretty bad with Auburn. Granted they were away but great teams handle business no matter the circumstances. Next week is Towson.. cupcakes anyone?

4. Oregon: The D in ducks obviously stands for defense. Zero points scored in what I thought would be the game that brought the upset. Oregon continues on leading the PAC-12, facing Washington State next.

5. Georgia: They shut down the Commadores, hard. They seem to mesh together better and better throughout the season. Tennessee is next, who have been slumping lately. Look for the Dawgs to make an example.

6. West Virginia: It was a slightly rough week for the Neers but their W is a W nonetheless. Next is Baylor who had a time with LA-Monroe this week. Both teams will being going in to make up for poor performances.

7. Ohio State (+1): The Buckeyes did their job. Maybe they were focused on next week's matchup against Michigan State instead of blowing up the scoreboard but hey, who can really blamed them.

8. Kansas State (+3): As much as I'd hate to admit it, K State may be a strong contender to win the Big12 championship. They kept Oklahoma down the majority of the game. If they can continue with this momentum, they should roll through the Jayhawks with ease.

9. Florida (+2): The Gators do what they do best; win. They had no trouble with Kentucky but next week's test against LSU will show if they should be Top 10 or not.

10. South Carolina (+1): Finally breaking my Top 10, they have been doing a great job. I thought they were overrated but when Shaw can stay standing.. they're a force. Kentucky next week.

On-deck: Texas, Notre Dame, Stanford

Missed some time between rankings due to busy schedule but here's the update with tons of moves..

1. Alabama: The Tide should continue to cruise. Nobody in the SEC looks powerful enough to stop them. The fact that they are the unanimous number 1 in all polls tells the truth of their greatness.

2. Oregon: (+2) With Florida State AND Louisiana State both choking, Oregon goes up to the number two spot with ease. They do have their harder part of the schedule coming up quickly though.

3.West Virginia: (+3) With so many of my Top10 teams dropping out, the Neers jump. They had their shoot-out with Baylor showing their offensive power and held Texas showing their defensive power. Switching conferences hasn't stopped them at all.

4. Ohio State: (+3) The Buckeyes took care of Nebraska and continue to show that their post-season ban isn't going to stop them from showing off their talent.

5. Florida: (+4) With the biggest jump in my polls, the Gators welcomed LSU in and then kicked their ass back out. Although I saw this being a huge possibility, it's still impressive what Muschamp has brewing in Gainesville.

6. Kansas State: (+2) I am not high on Klein whatsoever but I will recognize how K State has been putting the work in to earn respect week by week. West Virginia may erase that soon though.

7. South Carolina: (+3) The Gamecocks absolutely beat around Georgia. Spurrier has created a great defense and a decent enough offense to handle business. I am stunned from their progress.

8. Notre Dame: (+3) The Irish have been doing a great job this season. I still wait for them to choke but from the way they've been playing, the chances seem less and less each week.

9. Oregon State: (+2) With there still being undefeated teams, I'm going to leave out the USC's and Oklahoma's for now. The Beavers have been doing their thing and winning games. They've earned some limelight.

10. Louisville: (+1) Hell why not throw in the Cardinals as well. They've been showing promise as well.

On-deck: Mississippi State, Rutgers, Oklahoma

1. Alabama

2. Oregon

3. South Carolina

4. West Virginia

5. Ohio State

6. Florida

7. Notre Dame

8. Kansas State

9. Oregon State

10. Oklahoma

1. Alabama: Blah blah blah.

2. Oregon: Bye.

3. Florida: (+2) The Gators did a great job against Vandy, as expected.

4. Ohio State: OSU struggled yesterday so they stay still, being jumped by Florida.

5. Notre Dame: (+3) The Irish are second in defense, which I still can't believe. After all the years of hype, it may finally be ND's time in the limelight.

6. Kansas State: K State struggles with Iowa State so they stay idle. The harder part of their schedule starts on Saturday. If they step up like they did against OU, they'll be fine.

7. Oregon State: (+2) The Beavs continue to roll. I doubt anyone saw them being undefeated.

8. Oklahoma: (+3) The man handling of Texas puts them right back up in the Top10. If they continue with this momentum, their fate may not be decided only on the K State loss.

9. LSU: (+2) The Tigers also return to my Top10. Their fight against South Carolina proved that they haven't forgotten how to win. With their only loss against Florida, they're fine.

10. Rutgers: (+1) The Scarlet Knights may be one of the most underrated teams this year. I feel they deserve some recognition for how great they've done so far.

On-deck: Mississippi State, Florida State, Louisville

1. Alabama

2. Oregon

3. Florida

4. Notre Dame

5. Kansas State

6. Ohio State

7. Oklahoma

8. Oregon State

9. LSU

10. Louisville

BCS standings:

1. Alabama

2. Florida

3. Oregon

4. Kansas State

5. Notre Dame

6. LSU

7. South Carolina

8. Oregon State

9. Oklahoma

10. USC

1. Alabama- I think it's obvious..

2. Florida- Honestly,I thought they shouldn't have been ranked no. 2 but after that kind of performance against a great South Carolina team,they don't deserve to be ranked lower..

3. Oregon- Kenjon Barner is playing like crazy..Oregon is consistent and I don't see them ranked outside top 3 in next couple of weeks..

4. Kansas State- West Virginia got raped so hard..Enough said..

5. Notre Dame-

6. Oklahoma- I think they are better than most people think..I see them in top 5 after week 9..

7. LSU- They had some problems on offense against Texas AnM but Mettenberger and the team managed to overcome that..Defense did one hell of a job,picking Manziel three times..

8. Oregon State-

9. Mississippi State-

10. USC- I've been thinking a lot about leaving them out of top 10 but after those awesome performances by Barkley and Woods,I simply couldn't..

On deck: Rutgers, Florida State

1. Alabama: Surprise, right?

2. Oregon: They start their harder part of the schedule in two weeks though. The USC game will determine if this team is real. Until then, I'll respect all the speed they have on offense.

3. Florida: The Gators bent Spurrier over and whooped his ass. They should do the same against Georgia next week too. Best team in the SEC East.

4. Notre Dame: (+1) The Irish have their hands full next week against Oklahoma so I'm guessing that this week was a trap game for them. They were able to get the W though, and that's what matters.

5. Kansas State: (+1) It's no secret that West Virginia has a horrid D. The Wildcats were able to capitalize on that and continue their climb up the poles. Texas Tech won't be a pushover though.

6. Ohio State: (-2) Although the Buckeyes scrapped up the W again, it's getting way too close for comfort. With the above teams being as impressive as they are, the shine is coming off tOSU.

7. Oregon State: I've attempted to catch a Beaver game but haven't been able to. They are easily the biggest surprise team of the year in my opinion.

8. Oklahoma: Boomer Sooner has had a rough road so far and it doesn't look to get any easier. They breezed through their game this week but have a big one coming up next.

9. LSU: Much like Oklahoma, the Bayou Bengals still have must-win games ahead of them. Alabama next week being the absolute biggest. Should be the game LSU needs to just back into the Top 5.

10. Rutgers: This has to be one of the most impressive teams this year. Understanding they are in the dying Big East conference, it's still great what they're doing.

On-deck: Mississippi State, Florida State, Louisville

Edited by rzb

1. Alabama

2. Kansas State

3. Notre Dame

4. Oregon

5. LSU

6. Georgia

7. Florida State

8. Florida

9. South Carolina

10. Louisville

1. Alabama

2. Oregon

3. Notre Dame

4. Kansas State

5. Ohio State

6. Georgia

7. Florida State

8. LSU

9. Louisville

10. Clemson

1. Oregon - After the Bama loss, their shine just got a little brighter.

2. Kansas State - With the hardest schedule of the undefeated, recognize.

3. Notre Dame - The Irish need someone else to lose to get to the BCS NC game.

4. Alabama - The Tide are still the best in the SEC, let's not forget that.

5. Georgia - And the Tide's SEC opponent is the best in the east. Wow.

6. Ohio State - The Big10 is quick this year but tOSU still reigns.

7. Florida State - Noles continue to make their own destiny. ACC Champs?

8. LSU - The Tigers have talent, but their coaching cost them the season.

9. Clemson - They're the LSU of the ACC, but with better coaching.

10. South Carolina - It's all about their defense. Offense, not so much.

On deck: Oklahoma, Stanford, Texas A&M

1. Oregon

2. Kansas State

3. Notre Dame

4. Alabama

5. Georgia

6. LSU

7. Florida State

8. Clemson

9. Texas A&M

10. South Carolina

1. K-State - A Big XII team that I can actually give props to. They're very well rounded unlike the other jokers in their conference.

2. Oregon - Best offense in the country. Too bad their shitty defense will cost them a victory in the NCG.

3. Alabama - Have fun in the Sugar Bowl, whores.

4. Notre Dame - Can't put 'em over Alabama. Elite teams don't struggle with Pitt. Elite teams also beat Boston College by 30-40 points.

5. Georgia - They're solid. They *might* have a chance against Alabama in the NCG.

6. LSU - Hitting their stride. Not the same team that lost 14-6 to Florida.

7. Florida State - Overrated, but a lock for the Orange since the ACC is utter dog shit.

8. Texas A&M - Johnny. Fucking. Football.

9. Clemson - mhm.

10. Florida - Barely squeaked by Mizzou and ULL. Gon' get raped by FSU.

Is there a reason why Ohio State gets no love?

Is there a reason why Ohio State gets no love?

I don't care for postseason ineligible teams.