seanbrock

Former/current players Who you'd like see coaching

I think Manning would be superb. His knowledge of the game is through the ceiling.

The knowledge is there, but so is him being anal and constantly micromanaging things. Not sure if that translates well.

Edited by Vin

Having a superb knowledge of the game doesn't always translate to being able to convey that to others.

He's like a coach on the field; he makes players better around him and schools them up and makes them play better then their talent level. I think he could be able to teach as a coach. Every one that has played with Peyton has already said hes a great teacher, a source of knowledge. I think he would make a great coach.

Edited by dutchff7

The knowledge is there, but so is him being anal and constantly micromanaging things. Not sure if that translates well.

Magnifying the small things makes a huge difference.

Ray Lewis - He's one of the best players in terms of recognizing plays from the defensive side of the ball. He's been an unsung defensive leader since he entered the league. I would love to see what he can do as, at the very least, a defensive coordinator in the NFL. Not to mention, he knows how to get his guys revved up BIG TIME for game day.

Peyton Manning - Come on, you didn't see this one coming? I mean, he's practically already a coach when he's on the field. When the head coach of a Peyton Manning team says "go get em, Peyton", Manning almost immediately eliminates the middle man on the offense (the coordinator) and does it himself. I feel like Manning could do damage from the side line as well.

• Upvote 1

I wonder if Peyton is going to commentate or coach. I'm not sure he has the patience to coach, but at the same time, I don't think he won't want to be in on the action, just commentating. Could you imagine Ray Lewis and Peyton Manning as coaches? What if they were on the same coaching staff? Ray Lewis as DC or LB coach, Peyton as OC or QB coach. That would be insane.

Edited by baltimoreravens

How many people are going to say Ray Lewis and Peyton Manning? lol.

• Upvote 1

How many people are going to say Ray Lewis and Peyton Manning? lol.

I think Ray could be a good LB coach or head coach, but I don't think he'd do well as a DC. And I agree with Vin in that I think Manning probably wouldn't fare well as a coach.