Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Iowa Elector Resigns Position After Not Backing Romney

A Republican from Iowa who was appointed to the Electoral College resigned her post yesterday because she indicated she would support Ron Paul over Mitt Romney.

Melinda Wadsley told the Associated Press early on Thursday that she planned to vote for Ron Paul because the Texas congressman has never been given a "fair shot" by Republican leaders. But after the AP report was published, the Iowa Republican Party talked to Wadsley and she stepped down so the state GOP could appoint a Romney supporter, the Des Moines Register reports.

"I have always been a straight-ticket Republican, and for the first time in my life I am an undecided voter, therefore, I need to resign my position as a Republican presidential elector," Wadsley told the AP in an e-mail.

The AP reported GOP electors in Nevada and Alaska were also considering withholding their support for Romney.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/onpolitics/post/2012/09/14/ron-paul-electoral-college-mitt-romney/70000354/1#.UFNtTI2PXdc

Defectors, defectors galore. GOP spewing the parties unanimous support behind Romney is such a load of bull.

As has been mentioned before, this election is very reminiscent of 2004, with Obama representing the incumbent who people aren't crazy about, Romney representing the challenger who people aren't crazy about either. And the end result will be the same, I believe. :yep: